1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I usually don't bother people who primarily argue through cartoons but I've seen this argument going around that the goal post have been moved from flatten the curve to find a cure. Flattening the curve was never just an end unto itself. It was and has always been about slowing the progress of the disease so our medical system doesn't get overwhelmed, time to get sufficient resources such as PPE and ventilators to fight the disease, and time to find a cure.

For those who think that flatten the curve was just for the sake of flattening the curve shows that they never really understood this crisis.

mdrowe00, Andre0087, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Its all good because bone spurs!!

Im not going back into work physically ..we are doing just fine remote.

Im going to get medical clearance to not return in person. I am not interested in being a beta tester and my line of work most of the people are remote anyway. It is simply not fair to force some needlessly to the office. Especially for political points.

We know how captain coward the unmasked bone spur warrior would play it?!!? Medical !!!

Even now he is so tough he is having everyone around take tests. In fact one of the best ways to get a test is to try to see trump.

Cheat day? More like cheat week as I pack on the lbs ryan gosling style nothing but haagen daz baby!! Woo hoo

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...to-lose-it-to-mark-wahlberg-for-being-too-fat

I past the 40 year mark, my vitamin d has been low at times..i will wear face prosthetics with a pillow on my shirt. Ive been enjoying haagen daz and really trying to get prepped for my zoom meeting with doctor...a la bone spur boy I am going for covid obese risk factor..the opposite of a makeover.

Sure im devilishly good looking but this is all for camera , a role ( ouch mommy my spurs!! Wahh wahh) and meeting the risk factor criteria. Then next phase is ongoing long term remote and exotic locales possibly on wifi. Montana calls me.. What would boney bone spur fan do?

I thought about shi**ting myself like ted nugent but the doc cant smell me over screen share..

Wish me luck!!

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Time to get that medical clearance so I dont go back in physically

Here I come again now baby!!
    Nugent would be proud!!

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

retrumplicans and lying... just comes naturally...

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best part are the new clothes creases on her uniform - like a real nurse would use a brand new spanking uniform just for a protest?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Cosplayer 4 Opening

RayRay10, B-Bob and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

10. CometsWin

Even the Financial Times thinks Trump is an incompetent buffoon. @Trader_Jorge faints.

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. CometsWin

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The problem is in Democrat-governed states, most notably states like NY and PA where COVID patients were sent to nursing homes (!)... and in places like NY/NJ where the subway continued to run and the virus spread like wildfire. Cuomo has major major blood on his hands.

Governors like Desantis and Kemp are looking absolutely brilliant. The virus has declined massively since they ended their lockdown... The more we learn about lockdown, the more we realize it is totally ineffective. All it does is kill the economy and keeps people from going to hospitals for other treatment... which in turn leads to more suffering. Trump has done a great job navigating this - which is why his polling is starting to rise.

Watch closely how many liberals get red-pilled over the coming weeks as blue-state governors deprive them of their ability to earn a living and strip them of their liberties. Liberals are about to lose their child-like mindset real quick - and take a step up in maturity and become conservative.

GOOD DAY

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The answer is quite simple: Complete and utter mismanagement of the subways and nursing homes in New York. And lockdown forced many COVID carriers into houses with older parents and grandparents... just like Italy. Lockdown will be viewed by history as being completely insane. It will have the opposite of its intended affect... and it will wreck the economy in the process, negatively impacting the lowest socioeconomic rung of society the most.

17. NewRoxFan

My gosh, its been over five months and trumps admin still hasn't executed on a plan to protect air travel yet??? Or is he shirking that responsibility for airport safety to states and local government? His incompetence will keep killing Americans...

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maturity should start with our President. There has never been a more immature man in history leading our nation. It's embarrassing. He is the perfect example of why the popular vote should matter most.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Among the unforgivable things this is one of them. At the Hong Kong airport and other Asian airports they were already doing temperature checks well before this crisis. SARS was a wake up call to them and they put in both staff with handheld scanners and automatic scanners.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sometime I think.. is the goal here to have a crisis and chaos in Nov?

RayRay10 likes this.