1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now to think of it, Space Jam was not truly Space Jam but Looney Toons, ballers and couple aliens.

Space wasn't in danger at all.

dobro1229 likes this.
  2. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Sad day

3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Why we talking about Belarus

4. jayland

jayland Member

But according to Trump she can just drink some bleach after swallowing to neutralize covid.

D-rock likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

It’s a kids movie and the title was catchy. That’s why they always say the cover of a book never has to do with its contents.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Belarus man. Belarus.

Not Russia.

Not Ukraine.

Belarus, man. Not Ukraine that I go out there and die for. Belarus.

Why we talking about Belarus!?

7. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

This is the reason why I dont come here anymore. Trying to get real info about the situation and you have to wade through all the stupid arguing and posters running around yelling nanny nanny boo boo while playing NIGYSOB.

Thank you for the info @cyberx we always appreciate your contribution

The rest of you, grow the f*** up already.

RocketRed84, charlieaustin and DaneB like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have convinced me, Sam. It definitely fits Trader_ J, an internet turdburger of the first order for posting dishonest and misleading information in the wrong forum.

I have a huge amount of experience with statistics. I sleep with a chick who has two degrees in sociology, a discipline that positively crawls with statistics.

You, however, are on a dishonest, misplaced, wrong forum bender in the GARM that is shocking. You should know better. You've been here long enough. I am shocked. Shocked and disappointed. Set a better example for everyone, Trader_ J. While you are at it, do some more research.

SamFisher likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sources: Expect the stadium to be less filled too.

10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Even watching it, I thought the movie was corny yet the circumstances surrounding the movie become ironic considering circumstances facing Americans today.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What stadium? Wouldn't it be better for air circulation to hold it outdoors and under the bright sky?

Keep venues secret for bystanders.

12. SamFisher

Bundesliga restart already has a whole team in quarantine for two weeks:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...mant-season-restart-dynamo-dresden-quarantine

How do you hold playoffs in any meaningful sense when a whole team or even part of it is at the mercy of test? I mean I guess you can but it's not the same.

I think when leagues come back the idea of a super-long regular season leading up to a contingent playoffst - over the course of 8 or 9 months, that is at risk of being abandoned and discarded by a pandemic virus at literally any second is entirely and totally dead - which is fine with me. Just do shorter mini-seasons and tournaments. Have every team play each other once. That's a season. DO it again. That's another season.

People will say "no you can't do that it's unamerican' but **** off already.

13. SamFisher

Serious question why would you come here and not go to ESPN, NBA.com or Twitter/media sites of journalists that cover the situation for a living?

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is a bigger problem for MLB than the NBA, for what it's worth. As we've discussed, the official Bundesliga plan doesn't call for one positive test leading to an automatic team quarantine, but the final word rests with the authority in each jurisdiction. The local authority where the positive tests were a week ago didn't think it was necessary, the authority in the Dynamo Dresden case thinks it is.

Anyway, with Disney most likely for the NBA, we've already seen through the positive UFC case last weekend (after which the event moved forward) that Florida isn't likely to take the "quarantine everybody" path. Adam Silver told the players Friday that he didn't think it would be.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ronaldo-souza-ufc-249-testing-positive-coronavirus/story?id=70593327

But if you're trying to play in a ton of different states, even in empty arenas, that's a big problem. (It could be a problem next season for the NBA, when a bubble scenario isn't nearly as realistic given the length of time you'd need to play a season... but who the hell knows what the landscape will look like come December.)

D-rock likes this.
  15. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

They also projected 2,000,000 US deaths at one point. Anyone still listening to those projections and believing them have some truth issues to work through

YOLO likes this.
  16. The Beard

Anyone waiting for this to be "over" better be ready to hunker down for a few years

People should pay attention to the actual numbers, and not what their government and the media tells them. Neither the media nor our government can be trusted, they both have to much to gain from what they put out there. That goes for all of you Trump haters, and all of those that love him too. Both sides are being fooled like never before

RocketRed84 likes this.
  17. The Beard

And the following fall, and the one after that....it's a virus, that's what they do

If people looked at the real numbers and not what is thrown in their face by the lying media and lying politicians, they wouldn't be so scared to actually live their lives

RocketRed84 and YOLO like this.
  18. The Beard

Doctors and Nurses in select hospitals have been overwhelmed, a large large majority of hospitals have cut the hours for doctors and nurses because of a lack of patients. I am very close to several nurses so i'm not posting something I read on the internet, I have several nurses (one is a family member) who I am close to who are working half time right now because their hospitals are empty. There are a select few hospitals that became overwhelmed, the rest is political agenda crap

RocketRed84 likes this.
  19. The Beard

Seeing as this is a virus and will very likely come back year after year, some will have to make the decision to just retire and stay home for several years. You are fully correct, many of them can afford to not work anymore. Silly thing is, you mention kids/wife and for the players themselves along with their kids and wives, they are statistically much more likely to die in an accident driving to the arena than they are to die of Covid-19, although i'm sure many have bought in completely and don't believe that

RocketRed84 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

Spoiler for those who haven't read this clown before, he possesses the TRUTH to cut through government and media lies.