1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Sounds like Sweet Lou doesn't want them to ask to Biden can win ...

The point is treat both candidates equally. But Trump made his bed by making enemies so it's pointless to cry foul when he's got it coming to him.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden will be asked about it. There's no doubt.

If you want to treat both candidates equally, how about giving Biden a daily campaign event covered by all the networks like Trump gets?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But there is a video of Biden that @dachuda86 LOVES to keep posting.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Troubling allegations indeed.

Unfortunately, the bar has been set so low with with Trump, even a 1 time sex offender is a better choice.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Biden just blew it on MSNBC in front of a friendly audience. Time for a quick replacement search!

generalthade_03 likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, sad but true. Why can't America do better? Are there no good men left in politics?
    Surely we can do better.
    EW7S3V4WoAAXCRi.jpeg

VooDooPope likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Biden, Like Kavanaugh.... Like any other man is in a no win situation when a woman waits over 20 years to say you assaulted me...

I'm not saying they did or didn't do it, but when any woman says assault or rape you are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT!!! This is not a good situation for any man to be in.... You can holla all day long that you didn't do anything, but a lot of people already have their minds made up. Anytime that Biden interviews with a woman reporter... That is going to be a bad interview... No matter how innocent he may be.

As I have stated with both Biden and Kavanaugh, why did the women wait until the men being nominated for something... The timing doesn't look right...

T_Man

jcf and Houstunna like this.
  10. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Only difference is with Kavanaugh, there's no evidence that he even MET Blasey Ford, much less assaulted her. And Kavanaugh was questioned for hours by a Senate Committee and investigated by the FBI. Came up clean as a whistle. With Tara Reade, Biden employed her, fired her, & she told her story to multiple people for decades beginning in the 1990’s. Mother corroborated on Larry King in 1993 as well.

Somebody refresh the Hillary for President thread, ya'll.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why don't you recount the events of the video?

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What do you think about Biden's decision to release any complaints that Reade filed with the senate?

Nook likes this.
  13. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

An obvious, and transparent attempt at misdirection. Get the Delaware records! Ted Kaufman's notes.

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Let me begin with the statement of the obvious - only Biden and his accuser know if the event happened. Period.

From there, for most people, it is a matter of confirmation bias. If you were pro trump/anti Biden, youre likely to believe the accusation, nevermind the logical reasons for doubt. If you were anti trump/pro Biden, the reverse is true, you are pre disposed to believe Biden and will likely do so unless a lot of evidence supports the claim. That does not cover everyone, but is true for the most part.

for the sliver of the populace who are truly undecided or open minded, it will be interesting if this ultimately matters. TJ theorizes that the goal is to keep Biden supporters at home, not necessarily to convince them to vote trump.

For trump world,it is too bad that this surfaced so early. There is an eternity between now and November. Conservative reporting will keep beating on this topic, but America has a limited attention span. How long is the lifecycle of a story like this, and can it maintain life through the ups and downs of the covid crisis. I have a hard time thinking it will matter.

Lastly, at a visceral level, it’s a lot harder for people to believe the story because it’s Biden. Yes, conservatives are pushing the bizarro head sniffing whatever about Biden. But for most of the public, isn’t Joe mostly a dull, old white dude, decent family man. Not to say such a person can’t be a perfect or engage in sexual assault, but it doesn’t fit the type, it doesn’t fit what we see. If the Dem candidate were a younger, more brash, more vibrant person...let’s say Beto..., that would be easier to process. Of if the Dems were running a candidate with Donald’s past, that would also be a scenario where this gets more legs with the undecideds.

I think the bottom line is that 2020 has always been a referendum on Trump and it still is. Will this stuff cause some people to not vote? I guess Biden wasn’t that exciting to begin with and maybe this will be the excuse some people need to not vote and feel good about it.

I would love to see a poll in the swing states that poses the question - assume the allegations are true, who do you vote for. That’s the best case scenario for trump world and I’m not sure it matters.

T_Man likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just watched the whole interview and the first thing I have to say is major props to Mika Brzezinski. A lot of people talk about the mainstream media especially MSNBC being an arm of the DNC yet she took it to the presumptive Democratic nominee. Someone who she has said before is a friend. This was a tough and uncomfortable interview and that was what it should be.

For Biden nothing good can come of this but I think he handled it generally well. Biden often bothers the crap out of me with his over the top hokiness and I was worried he would do that. Compare this to Kavanaugh crying and going on a rant laying out an enemies list of those out to destroy him Biden was relatively calm and even refused to delve into why Reade was making the accusation. Barring that there is something out there in the archive records or there is some direct evidence I don't think this will hurt him much.

T_Man likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you find it odd that she didn't keep a copy of the complaint she filed? Especially one that said a sitting US Senator penetrated her?

Nook likes this.
  17. shorerider

shorerider Member

To be fair, Biden probably can't remember what day of the week it is, so it's probably fair to say he genuinely doesn't remember this woman or any events in 1990's.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  18. T_Man

We can go tit for tat on this all day with Biden and Kavanaugh....

By the way Kavanaugh did not come up clean as a whistle... Kavanaugh had the Republican senate behind him... But never the less... I questioned that scenario then as I am questioning it now.... Why are these women waiting until NOW???

I'm not saying these women were not assaulted or raped... But why now??? If this is some type of game, it makes it hard for women who have gone thru something...

T_Man

body slam likes this.
  19. T_Man

This scenario is a bad situation for any man... Especially if their innocent..

This was a no win situation for him..

T_Man

jcf likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank God Biden is running against Trump. If he was running against Romney or someone else morally clean he would be hurting from these allegations. Instead it’s Grab them by the p***y Trump.

I am sad you will not be voting for Biden, T_J. You should strongly consider voting for Amash since you want a candidate without any allegations.

Also why didn’t she bring this up when Biden was a Vice President for TWO TERMS? Or at any point during the campaign or before. It’s not like Joe Biden was an unknown commodity before becoming the Democratic nominee.

Also it’s May. Unless there is a video of Biden saying he grabbed her by the p***y, the voters will just process this and are either going to vote for Biden or not regardless of the story. This is a referendum on Trump at the end of the day.

dmoneybangbang and Jayzers_100 like this.