1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Biden invaded my personal space and touched my shoulders... [waits for attention]

Biden shoved me against a wall and inserted his fingers into my vagina... [attention achievement unlocked]

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ironically the most damning evidence against her claim of Biden fingering her is that Larry King tape. The tone of the mother and saying that her daughter wants to express her complaints while still respecting the Senator implies it wasn't something as severe as vaginal penetration.

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I think her track record of telling other people the even was something different (including the media) is the most damning against her. I do agree that the Larry King tape (assuming it is her mother) does not really help in anyway her claim that he inserted his fingers inside her.

Sexual assault is a serious problem in our culture and the fact that we have two candidates that have had allegations is troubling. I will be open to any new evidence that comes forward. I am having a hard time with the fact that her allegations have changed so drastically. There is a big difference between the initial claims and the current claims.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think the mother's word choice and tone sounded like someone who's daughter told her that her boss is a little lacking in self awareness and always invades personal space and touches shoulders. Hence why the mother probably said that the daughter wants to express the complaint while still respecting him because at that time she told the mother he probably does it unintentionally but it's still uncomfortable. That's my "theory".

Nook likes this.
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Just grab em by the

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3300b42b554229d4cebeef161561c74d.jpg EW0zk2OUYAAsrhN.jpeg

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm laughing my ass off at the complete double standard the democrats are using on this case vs the Kavanaugh case. It's absolutely hysterical. Pure hypocrisy.

It's all political, folks. The Dems don't care about women. Don't let them fool you.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FIFY

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it presumptuous for me to assume you believe Trump cares about anyone who doesn't put money into his pockets one way or another? Do you really believe he isn't an egotistical narcissist liar, who is truly concerned more about the people sick and dying across the nation than his ratings and businesses?

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Here is a former prosecutor's opinion

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

RayRay10, AleksandarN, Nook and 3 others like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and Deckard like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So how do you account for the fact that she initially said no sexual assault occurred and clarified that she thought Biden was only guilty of invading personal space and nothing sexual?

I have not come to any conclusion but those stories give me pause.

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I will do for this situation the same as I did Kavanaugh, take it with a grain of salt....

I'm not saying Kavanaugh didn't do what she said, but why wait until he's being nominated for the Supreme Court... That didn't make any sense to me...

The same goes for Biden in this situation.... Also I don't know of any woman that was assaulted by a man that would still want to work with or for him... They wouldn't even want to be in the same building with them, nevertheless the same room with them...

T_Man

RayRay10 and jcf like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has denied the allegations.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Geez, I usually have that argument with Republicans when their chosen one is accused. Reporting a rape is a very stressful thing to do that takes a lot of courage. Especially when you don't expect to be believed. A majority of rapes are not reported. That's why she allegedly didn't report it back in the 90s. I would actually like to hear more from her about how and why her story evolved over the last year. It could be she was screwing up her courage, so to speak, told part of the truth and initially denied the rest until she felt like the whole thing had to come out. Or maybe a Russian operative drove a dump truck of money up to her house. Either is possible, maybe both.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude calm down, who is arguing with you, So asking why you came to that conclusion is arguing?

I don't fault you for what you believe I just wanted to know why?

I don't question why she just came forward, I question why she did not tell the whole story and why she championed Biden in 2017 after the Assault on women's act.

This article states the reason she gave for not telling the whole story.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

When Reade went public with her sexual assault allegation in March, she said she wanted to do it in an interview with The Union newspaper in California last April. She said the reporter’s tone made her feel uncomfortable and "I just really got shut down” and didn't tell the whole story.

It is hard to believe a reporter would discourage this kind of scoop. Regardless, it's also hard to accept that it took Reade 12 months to find another reporter eager to break that bombshell story. This unlikely explanation damages her credibility.

And once again I not here to argue just want a discussion from a poster I respect on why they believe her, maybe it's something I missed.

Saying Biden is my chosen one really misses the mark, I don't particularly think Biden is a great candidate and he was not my prefered candidate.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Joe Biden is Joe Biden"

Nook likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah again not saying Trump is an angel, which is why it's not my job to defend that stuff, but to pretend Biden is not a pedo is a joke. Some of yall have yall's head up yall's asses because you can't stand Trump so much. You're like that episode of South Park where people vote **** the **** sandwich instead of a douche. They're both **** lords bro, but you gotta acknowledge both.

generalthade_03 likes this.