1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

malakas likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well... there are all kinds of "Karens". The best response on Reddit regarding the following video :

I'm from Idaho. We got a lot of Karens there...
    Over the past couple decades a bunch of rich Californians moved to Idaho and they mated with the aboriginal Rednecks. Voila: The Ultimate Karen.
    Here you see the "Stepford Wife Karen Effect". They just keep coming out of nowhere until you're surrounded.

FrontRunner, KingCheetah and Kim like this.
  3. Senator

Senator Member

Good boy, you did it! Here's a treat

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

"non-Twitter's source"

common symptoms among critically-ill patients:

Neurologic complications (delirium/encephalopathy)
    & acute ischemic stroke

also ,prone ventilation method has improved outcome substantially

malakas, FrontRunner and cheke64 like this.
  5. HTM

HTM Member

wtf is wrong with people. If a LE officer showed up to the park, any park and told me it was closed I would say, “Ok, sir, thanks I’ll head out”

Never in a million years would is cross my mind to have a b*tch fit witha bunch of Karens.

That video is my nightmare.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Crazy thing is that I think the full video is about 45 minutes or more. lol.

Kim and CCity Zero like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I didn't watch the video... But this sounds awful, haha, I might watch it in the morning but I'm not sure..

8. Beezy

Beezy Member

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/c...ound/277-b5402046-8369-4cf3-b03d-35ff7a429263

She’s an anti-vaxxer taking part in a staged protest/publicity stunt. Militiaman/shithead Ammon Bundy led a big protest at the arresting officer’s house afterwards.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This interview was on the news this morning and has some very important info regarding a potential warning sign for the disease but also promise for treatment. This doctor's experience matches what a lot of what I've been hearing including from the experience with What's mother he's been sharing along with the experiences I've heard from friends who are ER doctors.

One unusual situation of this disease is that patients have been showing up with very low oxygen levels as low as half the normal oxygen levels but are otherwise alert and responsive but just feeling shortness of breath. This doesn't mean they are OK but that they may be slowly suffocating as their body is starved from oxygen. Oxygen levels may be an easy way to track the severity of the disease and something that can be done even at home.

The doctor is saying that they are seeing good results with high flow oxygen treatment rather than intubating and being put on a ventilator. Also treatment regarding repositioning patients so they can breathe easier. This means that we may not need so many ventilators or intubating people since intubation is a very invasive process that also has many risks of it's own. This matches what I've been hearing from a friend and former student who is an ER doctor in Munich.

CCity Zero, malakas and FrontRunner like this.
  10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Poor officer, lol. He was being so nice and apologetic and all the women kept surrounding him and telling him he's not allowed to follow his orders.

CCity Zero and FrontRunner like this.
  11. what

what Member

They should have thrown tear gas in there. I ain't even lying either. If they really want to protest, and make big deals of things like this, give them what they want.
    When you put my life at risk because you're an a******, you should be tear-gassed.
    This really isn't funny, I don't find it humorous at all. These idiots are putting officers at risk.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I stay clear of everyone while running. It’s sometime hard to do when there are multiple runners or walkers on the same path but that’s very rare in my neighborhood. If it’s more common I would wear mask (actually I would exercise at home). I literally stop inhaling (lol) when I do cross path, which is easy since it’s just a brief moment. That brief moment reduces the chance of droplets transmission (it’s not just how far they go, but how frequent also). So, my comments on it doesn’t make too much sense to require mask while jogging was based on my situation of open space, crowd size and brief moment of crossing path, which of course isn’t applicable to all. But I also assumed anyone running regularly outside is conscious enough of their health to avoid crowded area.

I have no issue with masks and think that’s a good practice going forward and a great trade off for opening up some spaces - such as outdoor areas. I even think that Houston though through this more than ppl give them credit for — if we are to start opening up slowing, what can help. Masks can help. (Didn’t anyone have a stink with Abbott’s mandatory masks requirement in state parks? Probably not)

#6672 Amiga, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    malakas and Pringles like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I ordered an oximeter through Amazon in the 3rd week of February for $50. Used PayPal to pay for it. After 6 weeks, just when I’d given up on getting it, it was dropped off at our front door. Turned out to be of very high quality, well packaged, came with a nice case, and my oxygen level was 99. My S.O. had a similar high number. It was a relief to find out, and now we can check it regularly. I’ve had a couple of “virtual” appointments with my doctor, had one yesterday, in fact, and she was very pleased that I had it. Ran the thing, which only took a couple of minutes, and showed her the read out.

One thing is certain. We don’t know nearly enough about Covid-19. More is being found out about the virus and how to treat it seemingly everyday. How it can attack people in different ways, and respond to a form of treatment in one person that does nothing for another. I’m not an MD, but this thing seems to bear little resemblance to any of the flu most of us have had to deal with at some point in our lives. I’ve described it as diabolical before. I don’t think calling it that is inaccurate, so it’s good to hear of any positive outcome for someone hit hard with it.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have a right to argue but they do not seem to be the obedient type in other matters, some people are just too stubborn.

There are definitely more reasonable people. Playdates in times of Corona?

Discussing the jurisdiction over a public playground that should be closed anyway.

The police officers are pretty nice.

I would just fine her instead of arresting her but that is just local law.

#6674 daywalker02, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  15. Pringles

Pringles Member

Great job on being on top of things and ensuring you and your SO are prepared! :) About to go look at oximeters for my family and friends.

Deckard likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

18. HTM

HTM Member

Hot and crazy is an all too common combo.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Note the plastic surgery. +2 Crazy roll.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member