1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Bro ain’t nobody buying this for value. People are not even buying the right stock. Look up what happened with Zoom vs ZM.
    People are pumping and dumping anything and everything for quick gains. We don’t even know if some of these companies are going to file for bankruptcy and how that affects shareholders.

CCity Zero and astros123 like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm wondering how it'll affect ETFs indexing the sp500 and Dow. Those classes have been gaining notoriety for being unevenly weighted towards dividend bearing companies and inflating the value of those companies to FANG levels.

Not a good time for passive investors banking on the up up and up. I belatedly moved my 401k to mostly bonds and money funds. A small chunk in tech indexes as hedge.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

I wish I had a total stock fund in my 401K, just a fidelity SP500 one.
    In vanguard (IRA/regular investment account) though I have it in a total stock fund.

Invisible Fan and CCity Zero like this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

Watch the entire interview which I posted below. He gets it. Don't forget he's also a part-owner in the warriors and came from nothing and was born poor as dirt.

Dont even pay attention to him. If you see his D&D posts you know he's a class A troll.

#9284 astros123, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Sajan, Invisible Fan and Amiga like this.
  5. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Why Indian understands capitalism better, then this anchorman:eek:!

6. astros123

astros123 Member

Watch his complete interview above. Its a beautiful interview in which he spits the truth.

Mazulis likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ah. I knew I recognized that username from a recent thread. I think it was in the chinese guy visits mekong delta thread.

8. Senator

Senator Member

The majority of millenials are buying for value - they're adding cruise lines , cloud services and weed companies to their portfolio. You have the everyday traders using margins and options, but really, they find volatile stocks even during normal times to profit off of. This is a riskier time for them.

9. Senator

Senator Member

...he's north american. Just one with a brain. Being from a certain country shouldn't influence thought on matters regarding common sense.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

The most crucial week is coming ahead

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

How so

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Russian roulette with two bullets in chamber, 2k gain led by energy companies, or/then 9k down

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Any advice on where to park cash for the next year or so?

Seems like a bad time to put it in the market because we're about to enter a recession, if not depression... But of course keeping cash on hand is terrible because money printer go brrrrrr.

Sajan likes this.
  14. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Is the oil production cut, now sized at 9.7mm, even a game changer? The need to cut is so much greater - wonder how long before storage is full using the rest of April's production rates and whatever they are projecting after that for consumption/supply....I guess the oil markets will answer the ? pretty quick..

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm contemplating moving all my Vanguard index funds I have in my retirement and mutual funds to the money market after this small recovery. Wondering if I should pull the trigger or not.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's actually 19M.

OPEC+ 9.7 + Non OPEC 3.4 + 6 (additional cuts by Saudi, UAE, Kuwait) = 19.1 start May 1st

17. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL the 9.7 is from 2018 baseline cuts. Saudi will be cutting close to 4 million from today's production and G20 will be cutting another 3.5 million barrels. In total its close to 18 million barrels being cut from production value. Its absolutely crazy how you guys weren't buying oil at 22 bucks. That was the easiest money in my lifetime. Its not like demand will shoot back up in the coming weeks once the economy opens back up. Follow this lady she has really good information on her Twitter.

Ive been preaching this for weeks that there's no way Saudi wont agree to major oil cuts because they need US military with its fight with Yemen. USA has too much leverage over SA and they know this. Pair this with election season and Trump doesn't want to lose Texas to the Democrats.

I don't understand how you guys were not longing oil? Did you guys not like free money?

Mr. Brightside and Sajan like this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

this makes me feel better about buying USO.

PLEASE LET IT GO UP. OIL TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

RKREBORN likes this.
  19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I picked up a bunch of October strike calls on UCO on Thursday right before the first OPEC meeting. My positions were down a little bit into the close.

Today I logged into my account and see this:

CL Crude (NYMEX) Dynamic Circuit Breaker is 7%. CLK20 limit up from 22.76 (previous session settlement) for today’s open is 24.35. After the limit up is reached contract is halted for 2 minutes. Market orders are not supported during the halt. Once trading resumes after the 2 minute halt ends, the limit up is expanded. Please be aware DAY duration orders above the limit up price level will be rejected by CME Globex.

Sajan likes this.
  20. astros123

astros123 Member

Be patient. Oil will be completely fine in the coming weeks. You're literally going lose your hair and give yourself a heart attack by checking your position every day. Get yourself in a good position and just be confident. Texas is lifting its stay at home order this week and I suspect many other states will also. It might take a month or so to funnel through the extra supply but oil will be completely fine in the near future. Even if oil doesn't have a huge day today or loses value today its only a matter of time until WTI is 40+. The best thing is to ride out oil until this bear market rally dies down and we get reasonable prices again in the equities market. Im not touching any stocks at the moment because I feel they have been artificially pumped up and once earnings come out then we'll see a touch of reality again. I'll sell my oil positions at that point and buy back into equities. Im waiting for this announcement

If oil goes below 20 dollars ill mortgage my house and go all-in literally. Some may call me batshit crazy but that's a generational opportunity.

#9300 astros123, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020