1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It also sort of answers the questions that alot of people have had about why NYC. I've heard theories about air circulation in high rises, etc. Kinda puts alot of those theories to bed. Also helps to think about other metro areas that'll be at high risk. I worry about Chicago mostly. Philly, and Boston too.

Hard to say what Texas will be hit with. We have some space between humans in our daily lives being a auto transit state, but we do have ALOT of stupidity. We also have to rely on Wal Mart, Target etc. for our supplies and groceries. Will WalMart and Target become NY Subway lite spreaders in our communities? That's probably my biggest concern. I think we REALLY need to re-think supply runs, and prepare for a better way to manage grocery runs.

It seems as though alot of these cities will be about 2 weeks behind NYC. So it shouldn't take too long for us to really start to see what other cities are about to get hit. Hope other cities like Chicago took measures weeks ago when NYC started getting hit hard.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Instead of insulting people, you need to take a dose of humility and understand that the word "approval" carries a great deal of significance when it comes to drugs. To be categorized as having FDA approval means a drug has gone through clinical trials and been reviewed for approval. It's a rigorous process. To say the FDA has approved x for y usage is a big statement that should not be made in this case. That is his point.

jboslett likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Funny you say I am insulting someone who is essentially calling me a liar. I reject that calling a liar who makes up claims about me a liar is an insult, and rather an accurate portrayal of their character. Also to understand the article quoted and linked to one must read past what one wants to argue against. Now I understand his point but it's misrepresenting me and my position and it's misrepresenting the position of that article. It is intellecually dishonest and going beyond what is reasonable. The article clearly states three times in what way it was approved and Okayed. It was said in the damn headline right off the bat. I didn't say it was FDA approved like he claims and when I posted that link I didn't think "hey people will think this means 100% FDA approved." If you or Biina are too dumb to realize what the article said, that's on ya'll but ya'll were not so I don't think other people will think that. So I don't see a problem. The word approve was NEVER used in the way Biina are describing and the claim is one of technical semantic. I am aware of the "WEIGHT" of the word but that's a very far reaching argument that isn't applicable because the word was not used in that way. It was clearly shown in the headline and in the article that this was not what they were talking about. I don't accept the angle being pushed because it's simply a false narrative and a stretch being used to gain a technical "win" to make Biina feel less sore about being horribly wrong and being called out for lying.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Fresh on the heels of his successful mideast peace plan, trump has son-in-law jared as a "pivotal figure" on the "private enterprise" team focusing on Coronavirus.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. biina

biina Member

If anybody is lying, it is you by trying to make Chloroquine seem more effective than has actually been a scientifically established.

That MA doc was referring to people like you, who misinform others and try to make it seem like the drug has been approved. Wonder why you can't simply accept and state unequivocally that the drug has not been approved?

BTW there is no such thing as 'approved for emergency use'. That is simply a construct of the writer which you have coopted for your purpose. EUA is used to allow unapproved usage when no approved drug exist. The 'Emergency' is the context for invoking the authorization (e.g. pandemic or terrorist attack) and not the medical condition of the patient.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are a liar. Simply put. Not much else I can say about you.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

As the first economic impacts of the coronavirus took hold, new benefit claims soared by 70,000 three weeks ago, hit a record-shattering 3.28 million two weeks ago, and last week the Labor Department announced today, rocketed another 6.65 million.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Interesting find... wow....

10. biina

biina Member

No false marketing of Chloroquine allowed!!!

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no the FDA never said it can be used just yet

Only thing FDA said it should start being stockpiled that's it

12. NewRoxFan

Is this correct? I thought abbott (TX) did recently, which catalyzed the change in school closures.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Nope. No state-wide shelter in place in Texas.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Could be incorrect but seems extremely partisan with the (R) suffixes. Dude asked which governors not what party they were in?

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

- UT Austin closed door on the 3/13 when the president wife tested positive. Go home and be responsible.
    - Group of ~70 took flight to their corona party on the 14th

16. NewRoxFan

I think it is important if those governors based their decisions to not announce mandatory stay-in-place edicts because of their party affiliation. Or, like the Governor of Georgia, kemp, (r), because he followed trump.

Interesting that it was the first thing you noticed though. Do you think it was simply a coincidence that every one was a republican?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

He has been a bit unclear... and to be honest, don't know if there is some legal process that was or was not done to make it legal...

Gov. Abbott clarifies order, saying it ‘requires all Texans to stay at home’
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Gov-Abbott-clarifies-order-saying-it-15172996.php

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

Not being coy. What is the shelter for? For the homeless?

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a train wrecker.

RayRay10 likes this.