1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry to hear this Nook, my sincere condolences on your cousin. And hoping for the best for your friend.

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

Yes. China, a 3rd world country, are having more than 100 imported cases daily even though their number of domestic cases dropped to zero. This battle can only be won by efficient vaccine but you can reduce the casualty efficiently by strict and persistent non-medical measures.

It is time for the first world countries to get their **** together.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Please understand the Chinese government are known LIARS. Do not believe them if there is any way they have any incentive to gain. They are the scum of the earth for lying about this as it developed.

Andre0087 and MojoMan like this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I was just hoping you would post the home run you seemed to think you had. You are comparing international deaths against USA deaths for the most part. I'm all ears on data.

Four days is wrong as it took a month to get to 1000 but with the growth rate that is obviously misleading. I'm really just curious if you could boil down your post a bit.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Annual estimated flu deaths (CDC)

2010-2011 - 37,000
    2011-2012 - 12,000
    2012-2013 - 43,000
    2013-2014 - 38,000
    2014-2015 - 51,000
    2015-2016 - 23,000
    2016-2017 - 38,000
    2017-2018 - 61,000
    2018-2019 - 34,157
    Avg annual - 37,462

At just over 2,000 deaths from this virus, we are well short of the annual deaths from the 37,462 average annual deaths over the last 10 years from the flu.

6. Bandwagoner

Flu deaths are October to april so 7 months. You can either say it has been 2000 deaths since Feb 29th and extrapolate, or you can say we went from 1000 deaths to 2000 in a matter of days and extrapolate. Either one is pointless.

If this turns out to be as bad or way way worse than the flu, that's a disaster courtesy of the chinese.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

No . The known liars are the Trump government. I don't need to believe anyone. I see with my eyes. You have Trump virus all over and people are dying...... China do not have it now. Chinese are back to work steadily. My niece was sending me face masks and medicine from China ..... that's the truth I know.

conclusion: you and Trump are the scum of the earth. Your criminal lies are killing people.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

These things happen, just like the flu. If the deaths grow to be what the panic mongers on TV are promoting, that will be a surprise, as these people are so routinely wrong about these sorts of emotionally driven mob style frenzies that it would be almost impossible to overstate. But I will not be surprised to see the death total in the range of the flu numbers above.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just saw that. Very very sorry to hear that Nook. Hope your family and your friend recovers. I fear that soon we will all have stories like this..

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Well this feels awkward but he's just here to say positive things about China and negatives things about America, in a way you two have a lot in common and err...I do agree with your statement.

12. WNBA

WNBA Member

it took 3 days, from 1058 on 03/25 to 2198 on 03/28.

unimpressive?

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is the point you’re trying to make?

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Given that jails are releasing people, I wonder what's going on with immigrants detained by ICE. They were already clustered in fences with no place to rest and poor quality of life perfect for the spread of communicable diseases. I wonder how many are dead from this. I wonder how many aren't even going to be accounted for in death total for COVID just to cover it up by this administration. And I swear if any of you dipshits justify people dying horribly in a fence because they tried to make a life here, illegal or otherwise as justification for Trump's negligence, you are also a piece of **** human being.

Edit: Answered my own question.

https://www.ice.gov/coronavirus

joshuaao likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Amazing trump supporters going back to flu stats...

joshuaao likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Honestly, I knew I was comparing apples to oranges a bit. Point still stands though. I did a quick Google search last night and got the US figures instead of the world figures. Thought that it still proved my point.

17. Two Sandwiches

I don't understand your point though. Are you maintaining that this isn't as bad as the flu? Are you saying that the insane ramping up of deaths isn't anything concerning? I think I'm mistaking your point, so sorry if it comes off gruff.

Part of the issue with this is that there IS a flu season. This may not be limited to certain times of the year. We'll see.

Anyone that's equating this out to be lesser than the flu is an idiot. There should be concern that the numbers are extrapolating themselves out as the days go on.

It took just under a month from the first death to 1,000. It took 3 days to hit 2,000. If you're someone that can't get that through your skull (not saying you specifically @Bandwagoner ), then you're ignorance must be hella bliss in times like these.

18. Two Sandwiches

Funny of him to point the finger at China having more cases than they report. As if the United States, doesn't.

How about we quit pointing fingers at everybody, and unite the world to fight this? This should be a uniting moment. Instead, it's turned into an us vs them by the scum in Washington. Too bad we can't put up a wall around DC and have this thing contained in there.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Without clicking the link, herd immunity?

20. Bandwagoner

united the world but build a wall around washington. You're basically not saying lets work together but lets all band together to your side. Us vs them started to my knowledge with the PRC claiming the virus was a product of the us military.