1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think Susan Rice is cutting right through it with this tweet...

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I thought that was the Dem base? working mans party

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah coz trump voters are more likely to be uneducated thus unemployed/on welfare

college grads: 57% clinton 36% trump
    college grads: 50% trump 43% clinton

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Actually the Democrats have a lock on around 85% of the lower-income urban vote, which is the lowest educated, lowest income group. It's the bedrock of their voting coalition,and it's the reason why Democrats push entitlement spending (freebies) above all else. It's also the reason that Democrats believe in a paternalistic approach to governing, where government knows best and must make key decisions for its voting base... implicit in this philosophy is that the voting base is too stupid to make good decisions for themselves... most, including myself, would find this to be a racist point of view. But the Democrats don't think so.

GOOD DAY

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

With the president's failure of leadership causing your vast fortune to crumble before your eyes I see you have plenty of posting time on your hands.

Be sure to wash them for at least thirty seconds after each post.

#BE WELL

Nook, mikol13 and malakas like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If only we let Fauci have the mic and less of others. But that's not going on (at least last time I listened in).

Anyhow, as far as the media goes - there are still good one and there are bad one. This blanket media is an issue is unfair and frankly, that altitude and unwillingness to discern and know who and what to read / watch / listen to (or more importantly, not limit yourself to only certain sources) is a huge problem for society overall. It's like dipping your brain into sh*t and loving it.

But I go back to words do matter and people with the largest mic is the most responsible. What people often want is the media to ignore it... I'm fine with that if the media call pull the plug on the mic. But that's not happening and so, it is a both being responsible and ethical to correct and clarify. Simply "passing" on info is not enough. Some people see that as an attack on public official - it's not, it's the responsible thing to do. And people that worship a leader will feel offended and attack the "media" for it - that's expected, but it cannot be why journalism give up and sit down. That has happened too much too often.

dachuda86 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Now a word form the POTUS ...

AleksandarN and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. biina

biina Member

Still spewing this nonsense - those are not studies and I doubt any sane doctor will prescribe an unproven treatmeant outside of a trial cos its grounds for malpractice!!!

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump needs a reality check if he is considering lifting the ban by April 10th. In a couple days we will surpass China in Coronavirus cases and they have a billion more people than the US. We have 4 times as many cases per million people, and testing has barely begun.

There is a fine line between genius and idiot, and he has crossed it!

malakas, BaselineFade and RayRay10 like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Those are studies. You're wrong because you don't know what a study is. They are not peer reviewed btw, because it's so early in the process, but they are studies. I can't believe you're still on it about the word study. You seriously need help if you don't understand that word.

ALSO doctors are getting caught prescribing it for themselves in the U.S. and it is making a shortage. Funny you think that. Actually, no, you're so wrong on this it's not even funny.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I really think Fauci should be the only one speaking at these.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Peter Navarro just made himself look like an idiot on CNN. Thus bringing this administration further into the "not a lot of hope" category

13. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile... trump can't really close or open anything, so he is sending "guidelines" to governors. Who hopefully tell him to pound sand.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

There is no possible way that Trump wrote or read that before he signed it. My guess is Pence or someone else in the administration wrote it, filed it in with other things he needed to sign, and just told him to sign it.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

lol and what is he going to do with this list? check it twice and find out who's naughty or nice? LMFAO, how about you use the DPA to get ****ing ventiators and protective gear *******?

The damage to the economy is already done. You are the President during the greatest economic collapse in world history, six months before you face the voters to account for your sins. Opening up a Senor Frogs in Myrtle Beach next week is not going to change this:

[​IMG]

All you can do now is make things worse, which is what you are trying to do. May (there is no) God have (no) mercy on your soul (you're soulless).

#1036 SamFisher, Mar 26, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  17. biina

biina Member

They are not studies cos there are guidelines for conducting studies e.g. variation between control and target. Just cos some docto r somwhere claims to have administered a drug to a group of patients doesnt make it a study.

Like I have said before, you have no idea what you are talking about, and you have repeatedly demonstrated your ingorance and lack of care for the welfare of others.

As to doctors self prescribing, yes you can claim to have malaria (or similar parasite) to get a choloroquine prescription but you cant prescribe chloroquine for someone with COVID-19 without putting your license at risk

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

AHA ! Now we are getting to the bottom of it.

DD

mikol13, malakas, Surfguy and 2 others like this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

Trump needs to get China on the phone NOW!

China has almost no new virus infections at this point. They must have tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of ventilators that aren’t being used. China has fewer than four thousand active cases, while we have eighty thousand active cases. And, it’s just getting started for the USA.

Trump needs to get on the phone and contact all the world leaders he has a close working relationship with and call in some favors. Russia has less than a thousand cases. Surly Putin would be willing to do an old friend a favor.

Come on Trump! This is an emergency. You always say how you have a great relationship with other leaders. Time to get on the phone!

joshuaao and vlaurelio like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Trump will have to treat them well first