1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

and those are considered loopholes. it is what it is.

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think its all about "closing the loop" for families, and in some cases friends. When Montgomery County and NW Harris County had the first few cases, my parents who are in their 70s and my direct family (me, my wife, and my kid) basically "self isolated" immediately. We moved to grocery pick up and haven't been out of the house or yard at either house for about two weeks now. I can now safely say that we can visit my parents and they can visit me because we've isolated our family circle away from everybody else even though we are in different houses. My wife and I have the advantage of working from home.

If you can say the same for your friends and family...everybody in the "loop" has been isolated for a couple weeks, you should be safe to interact with them as long as nobody in the loop is interacting outside of the loop. If even one person is going to work, or interacting outside of the of the group, it messes the whole thing up.

If you've closed it off, you've eliminated all the vectors that can potentially infect you.

Houstunna and YOLO like this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

I find it unlikely this scenario applies to many families.

The vast majority of families will have people who have interacted with other people.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

man that's better than a N95 mask!

Nook likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Naaah. Not at all. Maybe if it was 1's.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

More seriously :

Surfguy likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Hopefully.
    Italy : Deaths 6.077 (+ 11%), hospitalised 20.692 (+ 4.3%), ICU 3.204 (+ 6,5%) Recovered 7.432 ( +5,8%) Total cases 63.927 ( + 8.1%)

In other news Serbia is now taken over by China. The government will do what china says and test every citizen and put whoever is positive in quarantine camps.
    So far they had imposed a curfew to anyone over 65 and they were allowed out of their houses only once every week from 4 am to 7 am to buy groceries.

I don't know about you, but to me leaving 80year olds to wait standing in line in the cold at 4 am sounds more effective to kill them than any coronavirus.

Nook likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

AND NOW it is official.
    The UK joined the lockdown club. Better late than ever.
    They have only 8,175 ventilators and 4,000 ICU beds.

The Netherlands after flirting with suicide as well have imposed restrictions. They have 1000 ICU beds.

Sweden though still insists on killing their people.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That’s the first sane take I’ve heard about masks. Dr. Oz is out there telling everyone it’s their patriotic duty to not wear a mask. He’s also getting a lot of flak for it.

11. malakas

malakas Member

UK citizens from tomorrow can go out of their house for, said Johnson :

Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible

One form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person

Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

That’s all – these are the only reasons you should leave your home.

You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say No.

You should not be meeting family members who do not live in your home. You should not be going shopping except for essentials like food and medicine — and you should do this as little as you can. And use food delivery services where you can

If you don’t follow the rules the police will have the powers to enforce them, including through fines and dispersing gatherings.

To ensure compliance with the government’s instruction to stay at home, we will immediately close all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores and other premises including libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms, and places of worship.

We will stop all gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with.

And we’ll stop all social events, including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but excluding funerals.

Nook likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Damn that one form of exercise a day is good idea. We should copy it. Currently there is no limit to some idiots if they want to go exercise 50 times a day.
    I am waiting to hear what kind of fines the UK will impose.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Is he even a real medical doctor or does he have a doctorate in communications or something?

14. likestohypeguy

Why at :45 does he say these guys are wearing n95's which is not really appropriate, also what is the argument against it by dr. oz? I mean what's the link to patriotism?

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Thus, Dr. Oz is guilty of either outrageous conflicts of interest or flawed judgements about what constitutes appropriate medical treatments, or both. Whatever the nature of his pathology, members of the public are being misled and endangered, which makes Dr. Oz's presence on the faculty of a prestigious medical institution unacceptable.

Sincerely yours,
    Henry I. Miller, M.D.
    Robert Wesson Fellow in Scientific Philosophy
    & Public Policy
    Hoover Institution
    Stanford University
    Stanford, CA

Scott W. Atlas, M.D.
    David and Joan Traitel Senior Fellow
    Hoover Institution
    Stanford University
    Stanford, CA

Jack Fisher, M.D.
    Professor of Surgery (emeritus)
    University of California, San Diego
    La Jolla, CA

Shelley Fleet, M.D.
    Anesthesiologist
    Longwood, FL

Gordon N. Gill, M.D.
    Dean (emeritus) of Translational Medicine
    University of California, San Diego
    La Jolla, CA

Michael H. Mellon, M.D.
    Pediatric Allergist
    San Diego, CA

GIlbert Ross, M.D.
    President (Acting) and Executive Director
    American Council on Science and Health
    New York, NY

Samuel Schneider, M.D.
    Psychiatrist
    Princeton, NJ

Glenn Swogger Jr. M.D.
    Director of the Will Menninger Center for Applied Behavioral Sciences (retired)The Menninger Foundation
    Topeka, KS

Joel E. Tepper, M.D.
    Hector MacLean Distinguished Professor of Cancer Research
    Dept of Radiation Oncology
    University of North Carolina School of Medicine
    Chapel Hill, NC

Nook likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

"Hello good morning it’s really hard for me to do this video, tears keep falling on my face.
    I’ve already received several audio messages where they’re telling us that people over 65 yrs old are having their respirators removed & they’re sedating them so they die because there are not enough respirators for everyone and doctors and there are no supplies, there’s no space, there’s no respirators.
    Look we have to sedate, grab many patients & hold their hand because their families can’t be by their sides, so we can help them to die, so we can free up some respirators for people younger than 65.
    You try to forget it, fool youself and go do your job, knowing you will let many people die. You cry at home you cry at nights and then you go to work the next morning.
    Madrid needs to be locked down because if don't contain this ****in virus we are all going to die."

Houstunna and donkeypunch like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Is this a new petition?

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea I’m not sure what he meant by not appropriate when he said they were really, really effective seconds earlier. Maybe he also meant they weren’t strapped correctly like the first person? I dunno. As far as Dr. Oz, I think he doesn’t want the public wearing the masks that are needed by health care workers so he’s trying to link it to patriotism.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Like this?
    [​IMG]

Nook, Houstunna, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  20. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

There petitioners positions tells a lot, like english teacher explaining in PS to our kids how bad is global warming. Not buying it.