1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

1) China's lax health codes and wet market's are the root cause of the cross species virus transmission.
    2) The evil, dystopian, CCP is the root cause for the violent, aggressive, global spread and global lack of forewarning and knowledge.
    3) The world's reliance on China's slave wage labor force and sub standard manufacturing, are the cause of global supply chain interruptions and goods shortages.
    4)Now and only now do we get to each countries successful or unsuccessful counter attack against the pandemic and all related issues.

I will not allow folks to conveniently skip steps and jump to step 4 in a full outrage. Don't be like the CCP, instead be honest and helpful.

Also, as you start to think about how stupid Americans can be, listen or read this transcript as a reminder how stupid Chinese people are as well. Point is humans are stupid, not just Americans.

joshuaao and Andre0087 like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, but PC Culture, China, the "China Virus" give the far right folks like @dachuda86 the talking points he needs to push his narrative that this is not Trump to blame but someone else.

Interestingly enough all his talking points come from sources that coordinate with the White House - he is literally repeating propaganda points from the Trump admin.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And that's fine, to consider buying a gun. Nobody is closing in on taking that right away from you. NRA is using a period of panic to manufacture a narrative that doesn't exist. The usual...

#2423 Ziggy, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I won't lie, I am thinking of buying a gun for the first time. It's not the NRA - it's the fact that home invasions are going to rise as people get desperate for money and the police may not be as responsive.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The supply chains are intact people are just buying way more than usual. I give it a couple more weeks and things will hopefully even out. Doesn't hurt to have a firearm in these times, with our current leader we don't know what to expect down the road.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You should get one like yesterday, get to a range, and get comfortable shooting it. I've been pulling out my ammo cans from storage and cleaning my guns here recently. I do think, unfortunately, after a few more weeks of this people will start getting desperate and crime is going to spike. I also pulled about $5k out of the bank just as a precaution. If things destabilize, I think will deteriorate quickly.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Rand Paul is now on the positive list...

T_Man

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

the NRA has to do this because their only financial support that matters comes from gun manufacturers. They need to show value at these times and boost sales for their overlords if they want to keep cashing them checks

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yet Taiwan is doing great. SK is on the right path. China is returning back to normal. Singapore is also doing well. Japan not too bad.

In TWN, after they were hampered with SARS, they created a new body solely responsible for future bio threat. The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) was created and are responsible for coordinating across all gov dept and mobilize resources during crisis. They jumped right into action in Jan and have been successful. Does this centralize coordination agency sounds familiar? Yes, because we also had something like that after Ebola, until Trump / Bolton killed it.

Deckard likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

90515119_2930715283660473_5862911378750177280_o.jpg

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

... so you're saying what about Trump?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Supply chain doesn't worry me, rather it's if we enter into a depression, crime is going to spike.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Good selections and pricing at these sites, usually better pricing than at some sporting goods store or local gun shop.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/

https://www.kygunco.com/

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

But I thought only test if fever and symptoms?
    Smh

We have been saying for almost a week that everyone needs a test and that its not just for fever.
    Its infuriating that even now people still don't get this. The 14 day counter keeps resetting and until we all get it or get tested this is going to not stop.

We need testing for everyone

RayRay10, Andre0087 and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

kinda shocking. but lots of people will contract it whether we measure it or not.

I do: (1) wonder if Rand and family kinda wish a big, functional government could protect him from an outbreak, and (2) wish him good health.

He may be in for a heck of a struggle.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

In Italy health care workers working with non-infected patients only get tested if coughing or fever because it is assumed they will get it. They are working with people who have it and this is a crisis.

People in government who might have it need to be quarantined. RP being tested just saved a ton of new infections.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FIFY.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Coming soon:

- "whats the big deal I had it ..it was nothing"

- (humblebrag) "I had it but i have a good immune system" ( im better than you)

- "my genetics are superior. Even uncle vinny had it no problems...built like an ox and us ( insert last name) are just strong people (shoulder shrug)

- "i had a worked a double with it whats the big deal?"

- "anyone that died was already sick and died from other reasons"

- "at this point everyone will get it f*uck it"