1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

**** you and all the rest of you selfish turds who voted for that guy.

You still don't have any clue how insanely ****ed everything is. Quote this post in 14 days. And laugh bitterly. NYC health care is about to literally collapse. And the every other cities. And then everywhere.

#521 SamFisher, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hasn't trump does this yet?

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He said he would on Tuesday but has refused to compel them to.

#523 SamFisher, Mar 21, 2020
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    You big mad. You need a time out, quite honestly. Pure anger and rage. Bad look.

I'm feeling great. Trump and Pence are leading a whole of America response to this virus and it's working. The rate of deaths is slowing, and cases are forecasted to peak in the coming days, before beginning their descent. America returns to work and the economy starts to recover. Polls now show that Trump's wartime response has been extremely popular.

GOOD DAY

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

This is just factually not true. The death rate is not dropping and neither is infection rate. We don't even know yet how many people are infected country wide with the inability to test large numbers of people yet. There also is not one model that has been done that shows that we are going to peak at all in the coming days or even weeks. Spreading disinformation dangerous to our most vulnerable population. We are not prepared or have the capacity to handle this as of right now and we are looking at mid April for the resources needed to be over capacity in Texas if not sooner.

RayRay10 and Eric Riley like this.
  6. biina

biina Member

You forgot the Trump Model

B-Bob likes this.
  7. nickb492

His modeling is just saying stuff like this

FEB 28
    “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    Donald Trump

No Worries, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He finally told the truth....

ONE DAY... it will disappear...

Great observation on his part...

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

and they represent what percentage of the population of ethnic chinese? 2%?

TCM is backwards. Wet Markets are not as sanitary as supermarkets.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you been to Singapore? I trust a Singaporean wet market for food safety more than I trust Kroger.

Taiwan still considers it self Chinese. It officially still is the Republic of China (ROC) doesn't matter if it's a minority. Many of the people being attacked and harassed because of the idea that Chinese are to blame for Covid 19 aren't from the PRC.

saitou and Rashmon like this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Actually, I am correct. Daily deaths dropped yesterday in the USA. Link below. And I expect cases to peak within the next week. Progress is being made. Let's get back to work!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

GOOD DAY

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Agreed. We need to get back to work and invoke the 25th amendment or re-start impeachment proceedings ASAP.

You take the lead TJ.

B-Bob and T_Man like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell yeah, he has been a disaster and those who were STUPID enough to vote for him should learn a valuable lesson.....don't vote for a con man.

DD

Deckard and T_Man like this.
  14. nickb492

Are you just comparing two day numbers that was within 10 deaths without using the numbers of confirmed newly infected or patients needing critical care. I'm sorry if you are looking at the one graph for two days over looking at the period of time for a more accurate view of the problem then I believe that you are just trying to justify your wrong position. I'm sorry that I said death rate aren't dropping within these past two days. I should have said there is not a decline within a prolonged period of death rates dropping. I mean using just the US death rate from two days without looking at any other number is almost embarrassing.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Mainland people are not to blame either. The government is. The CPC promotes TCM, which leads to more demand of bear farms and other ass backwards aspects of chinese culture. This culture deserves scrutiny and shame.

It doesn't matter what Taiwanese consider themselves, they are a tiny island of tiny population that YOU brought up in a political discussion. Yes I have been to Singapore, no I don't think a market with live animals is more sanitary than a Kroger. Nor does it have anything to do with this discussion.

You rushing in to compare the cleanliness of a highly advanced english speaking city state to mainland China is massive misdirection.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

wait. Where is our strategic reserve of PPE everyone was talking about a couple days back?

Amiga likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You might want to click on that link you posted....

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 8.59.54 PM.png

#537 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 21, 2020
    RayRay10 and Eric Riley like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Two to three months?!?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not comparing Singapore to the PRC I'm comparing it to the US. I said that specifically.

Chinese culture isn't perfect but wet markets when well regulated are not a problem. They aren't a problem in Taiwan or Singapore.

I agree with you that the CCP is to blame for denial and covering it up initially but y'alls fixation isn't on calling it the "CCP virus" it's calling it the "Chinese Virus" Chinese and Chinese culture is more than what is the PRC. That is why a lot of the people being attacked aren't from the PRC and in some cases aren't even Chinese.

20. Bandwagoner

this is what you said

"When people say "Chinese Culture" started this I'm going to point out that most people in Taiwan consider themselves ethnically Chinese and follow Chinese culture so do most people in Singapore."

You basically tried to pull a "not all Chinese" by talking about a city state with a population of 5 million and 75% chinese compared to mainlanders. It was just at best odd but I think an obvious hand waving to a much cleaner less backwards place.

I'm not sure how many asians are being attacked and I doubt you know either but my guess is less than are being hurt by this virus. It's fully something most people just canot be bothered with right now. You are looking at an economic melt down on top of a heap of dead bodies. It reminds me of Norm trolling Margaret Cho

Things that are bad: innocent asians feeling marginalized.
    Things that are worse: worldwide economic meltdown and millions of deaths

JumpMan likes this.