1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you changed your mind concerning COVID-19?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by backwardhead, Mar 16, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its people like Pole that are seeking a faster way to Oregon that will save us all.

CCity Zero and arkoe like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

I am surprised someone still takes me seriously and hasn't written me off as a crazy woman.

Now seriously, the world around me is changing too fast,

What was considered normal one day, two days later is reckless.

And two days after that, you find yourself wearing gloves and mask and seeing your next door neighbour like they are radioactive.

It is happening extremely fast.

Apart from physical health ,mental health is also a very important issue.

Panic, fear, despair. Normal feelings when the world and our every day life collapses.

You will find out yourselves when you are confined to your houses without being able to even meet your friends, your loved ones and your family.

I also didn't think it would reach this point to this extent, and here I am.

And it hasn't even begin happening here full speed yet. We are weeks away from our peak.

I guess this is normal life from here on.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

+1

Mazulis, CCity Zero, malakas and 3 others like this.
  4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

And don't forget your 50 year old "girls"

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

OMG had no idea you were a woman

malakas and Andre0087 like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You're user name is malakas so...:D

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I've been super annoyed with people who have rejected the reality of this, but I'm going to defend you all for a moment:

We live in an era that is so far removed from things like this that it's understandable. Nothing has had this type of impact since WW2 at least. None of us could have context for this event.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yep. I used to make fun of my grandma for always keeping her freezer PACKED with awful-looking frozen food. But she lived through the Depression.

I've been an alarmist on this outbreak for a while, but I didn't think it would get quite this severe this quickly. It's really really hard for a human's existence to grapple with exponential effects.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I suppose the events laid out wasn't "quick" in hindsight, but the sobering implications of the immediate changes it would bring made it hard to discuss in a serious manner.

Social distancing for fatty shouldn't be a problem.

B-Bob and malakas like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nope consistently scared shitless from day 1 son.

RKREBORN likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Seattle changed my mind. When I read that it has been circulating for weeks and then found that we have basically no testing capability.... that was it. I was so hoping to be wrong.

12. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

For me it wasn't actually a FB post but I wouldn't be surprised if it was for someone. I've started un-friending those who promote BS on FB.

I started to get a little paranoid when my daughter and I were playing in her room, she's 7, and the monster her horses/action figures had to contend with was "the Virus". Almost like that kid in the movie who gets a visit from the woman under the stairs. Right before the bodies start piling up.

The paranoia set in when they closed the Rodeo. My wife and I were already talking about planning on staying in but when they shut the Rodeo down I knew the powers that be were scared to death.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It really pisses me off when idiot liberals reading wapo take money from my friends -- I'll be drinking until 2 am with a brunch scheduled tomorrow at 11 am. I know many chiropractors and nurses aides who have real facts.

Nook, Mazulis, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Been terrified for weeks now, but that night how the NBA shut down on live TV still haunts me....

#34 RKREBORN, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Houstunna likes this.
  15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I was talking to my Mom today and she said she was a little girl when Polio swept through the US. If you look back at it, it was a nightmare...particularly maiming and killing children.

She was talking about how back then, nobody changed much of anything. It just swept through and 10s of thousands would die each year or be severely maimed for several years before there was a vaccine.

It is actually quite amazing the world response to this crisis.

Houstunna, B-Bob and backwardhead like this.
  16. Exiled

Exiled Member

personally not much , I'm used to touch everything in public with tissues or gloves,not because I'm germphoic but I gross out so easily and I do wear mask only when I have a flu

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’m still not convinced that this is deadlier than 1.8% as I think the majority of cases are mild and undocumented.

However, I didn’t anticipate this level of hysteria and focus by....everyone. I certainly didn’t think the entire entertainment world would shut down, and didn’t consider a huge isolation protocol for everyone.

Houstunna, B-Bob and Space Ghost like this.
  18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Still not worried about myself getting it but when the Rodeo closed is when I took it seriously. Cancelled my Colorado road trip and decided to do some social distancing as to not be a prick and not help spread it to those that might hurt the most from it. Now that cities have gone to shutting down restaurants and even trump suggesting no gathering of over 10(can't remember what it is now), I'm taking it more serious about social distancing.

But you know, work basically told me to come in and expect so for the next several days. So it's like the past 4 days of doing social distancing has gone to waste by having to come in. That's what bugs me the most right now.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't mess around when it comes to stuff like this so no, i prepared weeks ago. I avoided the cookoff and rodeo because of it. I stocked up on essentials the day it was announced that it had spread to Japan. I'm have anxiety disorder and am an introvert by nature. I just fear for my friends and family. Probably shouldn't since they're all young and seemingly healthy but that's just me.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You should have anxiety for your friends and family having jobs in 60 days.

Houstunna likes this.