1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I was sent this from a friend...

“Hello all
    My GM’s brother lives in Austin. His wife works for the CDC. She has heard that it could possibly be announced soon, maybe today, that the state is planning a 30 day quarantine. She said she was told to advise her family members to stock up for 30 days. According to her, we will be asked to stay in. Stay home.

Just wanted to share the info”

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Australian-researchers-CURE-coronavirus.html

Have they found a cure for the coronavirus? Australian researchers claim two existing drugs could 'cure' COVID-19 after patients they tested responded 'very well' to treatment
    • Researchers believe they've found a cure for the latest strain of coronavirus
    • The disease has killed more than 6,500 people around the world since January
    • Queensland researcher claims HIV and anti-malaria drugs may be the cure
    • Currently patients cannot be cured and only supported while they recover
    • Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

Houstunna likes this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How does that work exactly? What are homeless people gonna do in this situation? 30 days is a long time to be quarantined to your home if you can't work remotely.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Sounds like a lot of people's friend of a friend on facebook who works at the CDC who said you can kill the virus when you get it in your mouth if you drink some water to wash it down to your stomach acid. Is that what this is?

Nook, AroundTheWorld and malakas like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

LOL
    Australians?:D:rolleyes:
    The Chinese were trying these before Wuhan even reached their peak.
    If it was a cure we would have already known long ago now.
    Since it has been tried on hundreds of patients already.
    It is only promising in some patients along with 3 other.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I am clear that I am the source and not privy to anything when I say these things. I am not talking about the things I am privy to because they’re on the news anyway.

7. tmoney1101

I don’t have Facebook so I wouldn’t know. I’m not worried about it because I’ve been preparing for the past month. You can chose to believe it or not, just passing info along. I can’t vouch for its credibility but I do trust that the person that sent it to me was told this.

Houstunna and malakas like this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Unless if China wanted this to spread... poison pill... if I lose the trade war I am taking you ****ers with me mentality....

Thailand already claimed this with hiv drugs and the Chinese were claiming some success in small sample sizes... the science behind the medicines is theoretically possible.

9. tmoney1101

I agree. That’s why I’ve been preparing but it will undoubtedly hurt some folks if it happens.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Other countries have been trying it too for weeks. Its just that the yellow paper Dailymail that even an Australian wouldnt use as a toilet paper, just learned about it and misinformed as usual.

Along with this an arthritis, vitamin c and a failed Ebola drug are used.
    The arthritis drug may be the most hopeful for the critical cases.

For you and me and everyone if you want to medicate on something take pills of vitamin C and vitamin D. They are the only ones who are found to work in prevention and raising the immune system.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It's not about me believing it. I just wanted to know if it was coming from you or your friends facebook post. There is a lot of crap going around that start off just like that

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm in Pennsylvania. We're shut down for two weeks.

All non essential businesses are closed. Only Hospitals, doctors offices, pharmacies, gas stations, and grocery stores.

Sucks I have to go to work.

Nook, Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Sucks you have to bag groceries in a pandemic but I appreciate your hard work and your country thanks you...:D

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think the Republicans have done a great job outplaying Pelosi here.

They told her to go negotiate with the WH and the Senate would approve what they came up with. She had to cave and go really light on the first bill. It goes to the Senate and now Republican Senators are saying House Democrats aren't doing enough to help people and will make this into a big bailout bill (like it should be) and try to score some points to help Trump.

Nook likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This virus is not the flu and that's what people need to first understand. If the air itself - your breath can transmit it, we're talking about a different ball game.

A disease that is 20 times more lethal than the flu, and yet far more contagious. Think about that.

dachuda86 and Ubiquitin like this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

She'll have to dig in and indicate that another bill will have to be put together for that while figuring out a way to flip the pressure to senate republicans.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

To make something clear.
    Because this "transmitted by air" has lead to many old people that I have phoned to warn, ask me if it is even safe to open the windows of their houses and go outside their yard.
    The virus can remain 30 minutes in the air only in closed spaces with aircondition. And this is possibly the maximum time.

If you keep a distance around 2 meters from people you are safe.

Just repeating some basic stuff here. Yes it is more contagious than the flu but it will not come with the wind to infect you.

RayRay10, AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Why airconditioning - does air conditioning have filters that remove virus particles? Or is it the humidity?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Perhaps but they are also taking a risk because the House isn't in session and the Senate is now in the position of having to put what they think needs to happen down on paper

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lack of humidity -- cool dry air causes it to spread further.

malakas likes this.