1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Leadership starts from the top. The response from Trump's administration has been frustrating. The virus don't give a **** if you are D, R, I, or whatever the **** you want to be. We need our ****ing leadership to step the **** up. The fact that some are trying to make this a partisan battle is so ****ing beyond idiotic.

There are people that are likely going to lose loved ones, there are others that will have to choose between going to work or staying home with their kids due to cancellation of school (I'm sure it will come soon enough). There is a ton at stake here and if our ****ing leaders can't get it together at the federal level, then our state and local officials need to fill in the gap left by our idiot administration. The fact that you have a City like Austin canceling an event that brings them a ton of revenue, that's leadership and action right there. Our very own City of Houston officials took a little longer to pull the plug, but I'm glad they got their head out of their asses and finally pulled the plug on the rodeo. The NBA, although more reactionary than being proactive, I'm glad has suspended the season.

Unfortunately, a huge population will always have idiots that need help to look after themselves. This is why we need leadership and that leadership is not coming from Washington. The fact that you have the President of the US, the richest and most powerful country in the world, spitting lies about testing going smooth, about this being blown out of proportion, etc is pretty ****ing pathetic. If he can't get it together, you can't bet your ass that a lot of idiot state and local officials will not get it together either.

The incompetence is really frustrating and as individuals the best we can do for now is educate those around us and prepare to take care of our families.

This ****ing virus cannot wait for policy to come together, the ****ing democrats and republicans need to get their ****ing **** together, put their differences aside, stop being ****ing selfish thinking about their re-election and ****ing make law that helps the citizens of this country. **** you Trump, it's ridiculous that I have to sit here in awe listening to this idiot worry about democrats and about pretending everything is okay.

I'm not asking him to panic and create mass hysteria, but I'm asking him to be a ****ing leader, get Nancy and Mitch on the table and tell them, to come up with a ****ing bill immediately, even if they don't sleep, in order to get the proper funding needed. As of this time, any non-essential project needs funding pulled away from it and lets get going on giving the CDC everything they ****ing need to take care of the US. I ****ing hate this partisan bullshit, both parties can kiss my ass. My hope is that some of these fools take the leadership role and stop ****ing around.

#1441 ElPigto, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Nook, RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and 6 others like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The guy right behind and over trump's left shoulder in this video...

btw, Bolsonaro also was tested and hasn't received the results yet. He's he guy shaking trump's hand...

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol there’s no way trump and pence haven’t been tested yet

Nook likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

The coronavirus test kit doesnt cost really that much. :rolleyes:

Here in Greece, the private clinics carge it 120 euro and that is with them making a big profit and everyone blaming them for taking advantage of the situation.

120 to 1300..how much profit are they trying to make off these test kits over there?

5. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

will using a VPN mean you can get it free here too? Asking for a friend....

Kim likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump’s incompetence endangers Rockets legend:

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

honestly **** you Pat Patterson. if you've been following this at all, you'd know there's a criminal shortage of tests.

That being so, maybe we should use the tests for people who are vulnerable and at risk, dumbass.

Nook, Hakeemtheking, ElPigto and 4 others like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sure , sounds logical until you realize that the tests are not available in sufficient numbers as it is , much less testing every person entering the country.
    Then - there's the issue of what to do with those people while waiting on the test results .... the results aren't instant.

9. NewRoxFan

Some times I can only shake my head...

Nook and No Worries like this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Our first responsibilities are our own citizens ..... everyone else can get in line and take a number.

Nook and malakas like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. NewRoxFan

Then why isn't trump more focused on getting test kits and the associated materials needed and less focused on "keeping people out"?

Nook and malakas like this.
  13. Pringles

Pringles Member

I was referring to the perspective of many of us here in Houston who personally or whose family or friends rely on the oil industry doing well.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You don't think they are doing that to the best of their ability ?

The "test" didn't exist 10 days ago .... they aren't something you can walk up to the pharmacy or DR and get.

did you read the post about Quest and LabCorp not having the capability to test at the volume required ? They are going to have to expand their operations significantly.

And again , they aren't "instant results".

Close the borders (including the UK) - work on improving testing and getting as many people tested as possible and quarantine those who are positive.
    They need to get with South Korea on the test production / availability issue as they seem to have been able to produce them rapidly and in sufficient numbers to meet their needs.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I havent been following this whole thread , and dont wanna get to into it ... but there definitely was a test available 10 days ago. there was a test a month ago , otherwise how could China have tested. The US and the rest of the world had plenty of heads up . Instead, it DOES feel like the government has been dragging its feet and focusing on telling people to calm down, vs getting ahead of the spread , aggressively testing, and discouraging travel and other spreading behavior.

The SK thing is true too . you said they need to get with SK ... why wasnt that done weeks ago ?

Its one thing for the collective public to not be wary of the virus, its another entirely for the agencies responsible for preventing the spread of infectious disease and the safety of the population.

Corrosion and Nook like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This simply is not true. The test was available in Jan. Other gov'ts around the world have plenty of tests. But the US didn't take action because it felt the threat didn't warrant it, so defenders of Trump like yourself make up this BS

Nook likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I honestly was hoping the address last night would mention:
    • plans for field hospitals and triage centers, if necessary, in high density areas.
    • plans for supporting rural communities that have few doctors and hospitals
    • fully funding the CDC to prior levels now and moving forward
    I might have missed it but I didn't hear much of that. A missed opportunity, I think.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The virus doesn't give two ***** about borders and is now everywhere, has been for a couple of weeks by all evidence. We can learn from our allies, share knowledge and resources where appropriate. Healthier allies (and a healthier world population entire) are completely good for us as American human beings.

So yes, focus on Americans, of course. But insulting allies who are facing the same damned problems is beyond stupid, petty, and unhelpful. It's objectively counter-productive.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It takes a few hours to test and get a result - it's very fast