1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s like a time machine. A few more days and we are in 2016 numbers.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Time to buy Boeing?

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Why so? You don't think it will drop further?

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Inovio rebounded nicely today....hopefully a vaccine is cooking....

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

Well it's Boeing they will get their **** together then it's to the moon literally -- all mass roll outs of complex planes have issues -- same with rockets/spacecraft. Boeing admittedly has been extremely sloppy lately, but they will get back on track.

No Worries, glad_ken and RKREBORN like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I got $42 in my checking account. Will that cover it? I have always wanted to own my own airline.

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What are your thoughts on GASL?

9. KingCheetah

Nothing specific there other than in general I always like energy.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Bought 500 shares yesterday, but taking a beating today. Hoping it will rebound?

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm a little worried on energy in short term atm but being you got in at a good price it'll typically rebound, I mean it's going up some in AH so you might get lucky and find a nice one, it's definitely a nice dip. With that said, I wish we got in on gasx about a year+ ago, just wild on the amount.

Also, if it does dip more and you research it and think it'll move, can always double down at cheaper to gain back/somewhat hedge it (obviously I'm sure you're thinking that but just thinking it). I don't know what time you bought yesterday but assuming later on I think you'll be in a good spot. Just watch it closely. I unfortunately didn't really do any moves today. But I think we have some chances to make up ground.

I'll definitely post here if I Make any moves.

Are you trading on RH or somewhere else? Sorry if I missed that earlier. I might not want to wait for getting moved to a different platform so probably will just use RH in short-term at minimum

KingCheetah and RKREBORN like this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Just doing RH at the moment, too convenient not to. I hope they are over the crash issues. Got in at 18 cents...dropped to 14 today lol

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

It will long term, but obviously there could be bad days in the short term.

CCity Zero and RKREBORN like this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I tend to agree, but people have been saying that for a year. lol. I'm guessing their issue now is people cancelling orders as fewer people are flying and the airplane/travel economy takes a hit. I've owned Boeing for years and am debating selling and putting the money to use in something like MSFT or AMZN or something. Unless something even worse happens or COVID-19 gets worse, I would think Boeing would be a good buy for a few years down the road. I tend to buy and hold for a few years nowadays except where I gamble and buy some riskier crap here and there.

In any case, you can "fix" the oil crisis, but this COVID-19 scare is what's killing the market and unlike the 2008 crisis, just throwing money at it won't necessarily fix the problem. There are people saying we still have at least another 5-15% down, but nobody can definitively predict a bottom, so start legging into or adding to your positions.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Def agree on RH. Yeah, just hold for now I'm hoping it turns even minimal would be really nice returns. Def glad you got in at .18, man, last week if was $1.90!

16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Heard they may file Chapter 11

17. KingCheetah

Orion/ SLS has been a mess in addition to the 737s -- IG report was poor but I was really surprised on the cost overruns. 18 billion to date with a goal of building a moon and beyond space ship is a tight budget. If someone asked me to take a wild guess on cost I would estimate 100 billion to the moon and 500 billion for Mars. Nasa is about to get a 25 billion funding increase I would imagine a significant amount will be heading to Boeing. Interesting topic no doubt so much crazy 21st century tech yet to be developed for a program seriously underfunded. For reference the Apollo program would be around 200 billion today.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Should I move my 401k to bonds?

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bonds are tanking too. That is why the yield on Tbill is getting so low.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buy guns ammo vinegar and whatever else was valuable in the old west haha