1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

"I can't vote for Biden. I mean look at the crime bill he supported. Just disgusting."

"That was nearly 30 years ago, and was popular with the majority of Americans including black leaders."

"No, not an excuse."

"You know Sanders supported the crime bill."

"That is different, he did it as a compromise. He really had no choice. Come on, everyone knows where Bernie stands. Besides what about Biden wanting to to cut social security.?"

"That was over 30 years ago."

"Nope, Biden is just a moderate Republican."

"You know Sanders voted against gun control."

"That is different."

Okay...."

"Besides Biden is old and senile."

"Sanders is older and had a heart attack months ago."

"See the media isn't fair, everyone bringing up Sanders health, that is a low blow."

"How is that a low blow?"

"Besides the DNC rigged the election for Biden against Sanders."

"What?"

"I can't vote for Biden, look at him getting mad at an upstanding citizen in Detroit."

"Really?"

"Sanders was screwed. It isn't fair. The billionaires won. Voters are too stupid to vote their own best interest. Sanders knows what is best for people."

"Did you vote for Biden in the gener-"

"Nope, voted Jill Stein. Hopefully Trump loses."

[​IMG]

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are you gonna go outside with my ass KC :(

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Your the last person who can really take this position you stated you wouldn’t vote for Bernie over Trump, and Bernie isn’t threatening to kick any bodies asses.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What I was explaining was a strategic thought for how the progressive movement will play out in the long run if Biden vs Trump wins.

I don’t know if you guys are reading or not but I clearly said Trump is worse then Biden, I said Biden wouldn’t make the country worse, Trump will.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I don't know how you can possibly say that. The facts just don't support your position. It's amazing how groupthink and repetitive media outrage can make people believe that a tough New Yorker with a clean record is somehow worse than a corrupt pervert. We have to cut through the propaganda and call a spade a spade here.

Yes, Trump is coarse and verbally rough, but he has absolutely no history of corruption, as evidenced by the most intrusive 2-year investigation ever yielding no findings of wrongdoing. Biden's family literally got rich off of him commercializing his political connections and selling access. It doesn't get any worse than that.

Trump has no history of perverted behavior. Yes, he has some red-blooded male locker room talk from time to time, but no groping/fondling of children, like Biden.

GOOD DAY

6. dmoneybangbang

Lol. No one trusts their daughters with Trump.... especially with the weird relationship he has with Ivanka..... that’s pretty unnatural.

#1426 dmoneybangbang, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This argument doesn't stick man, I'm sorry. Trump embodies corruption and perversion. You can say Trump isn't corrupt or perverted, but everyone thinks the opposite...the fact that you're acknowledging "locker room talk" and "coarse language" proves that you realize the moral argument for Trump is an uphill battle at best. Free advice: if you're Trump's team you run on the economy and that's it. A fight in the weeds about ethics is a losing battle

Corrosion likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

That is true, I did say that. Although by November I very likely would have voted for Sanders and prayed that he was completely neutered by the House and Senate.

The difference is I never pretended I would vote for Sanders. I made it clear why I would not based on absurd policy championed by Sanders. I didn't claim it was because he was too old or his style was unpresidential.

Also, yeah I am less worried about Joe Biden telling someone they are fully of **** than having a candidate that wanted to TRIPLE the size of the federal government and increase the real tax rate to 74-75%.

First you claimed that Biden said he was going to slap the guy.... which tells me you either couldn't make out the audio like I could not, or you were just looking for an excuse to not vote for Biden.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  9. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Please name a single example of Trump's "corruption". Come with facts. The difference between people who are wildly successful, like myself, and others, is that they verify claims and use reason and logic to develop conclusions. They do not use groupthink, popular opinion, or media-driven narratives to make conclusions. So with that in mind, please speak to Trump's corruption. [Prediction: Frustrated personal attack incoming after failing to come up with a corrupt act]

GOOD DAY

cml750 likes this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Donald Trump wants to have sex with his daughter (if he hasn't already).

Where I come from that is not normal or acceptable behavior.

Perhaps where you came from having sex with your daughter is acceptable.

I try to be open minded, but sex with your child is a non starter.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I didn’t claim anything I quoted a CBS report? Even when corrected to Biden’s true statement he was still threatening violence.

You weren’t going to vote for Bernie because you don’t want to pay more in taxes for social programs.

I’m hesitant on voting Biden because he cursed a respectful citizen out, and threatened him with violence for no reason.

I have my moral standards, you have yours.

Nook likes this.
  13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Bernie Bros are as bad as Trumptards. Two sides of the same coin.

AleksandarN and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I wasn't going to vote for Bernie Sanders because he was calling for a TRIPLING of the government budget, and did not have a way to pay for much of what he proposed.

I had and still have no issue with increasing spending on social programs and have and will continue to support candidates that will do so. For example I would have gladly voted for Elizabeth Warren for President. The difference is that Sanders wanted to fundamentally change the economy and the role of government to such a radical extent that it wasn't even in line with the Scandinavian countries he viewed as a model. He wanted to go 25% beyond those countries.

ElPigto and RayRay10 like this.
  15. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    It is patently obvious that Trump's comments about Ivanka were made in jest. If this is the best you've got, then you are really desperate and out of substance. Biden has countless videos of him physically groping children - they are hard to watch.

GOOD DAY

Nook likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Again, where I come from we frown upon having sex with our children. I suppose it is different where the conquistador grew up. I am sorry, but I must judge you for it. Some morals cannot be compromised.

#1436 Nook, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Jayzers_100 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Walking forward slowly may not be running but it isn’t going backwards.

Nook likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

The final chapter: Judge's ruling that Donald Trump must pay $2 million to charities ends troubled foundation's saga

19. Nook

Nook Member

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, what you are posting, the series of posts, make no sense at all. I get that you are angry because it appears Bernie is going to lose to Joe Biden. Guess what. That's politics in a democracy. One candidate wins, another loses, and sometimes it's the person you badly wanted to win. It's certainly happened to me, and more than once. I voted against Nixon, and lost. I voted against Reagan, and lost. I voted against Bush Senior. The second time around he lost and my guy won. Sure, Bill Clinton had his faults, and they were widely publicized, but he gave us balanced budgets, a good economy, and kept us out of a major conflict overseas. Then I voted against Bush Junior, and lost. Twice. Sometimes your candidate wins, sometimes your candidate doesn't. Again, it's politics.

Voting against Biden in the general election, assuming he's the candidate, and I think he will be, does nothing for the things Bernie stands for. Working for Biden if he gets the nomination, supporting him, does. Hey, I didn't vote for Joe in the Texas primary. We were for Pete and contributed to his campaign. He lost. The world keeps turning. The way to defeat the unending nightmare that is trump is to vote him out of office. A united Democratic Party will do just that.

That you would prefer to throw your vote away and help trump's reelection campaign by doing so is completely irrational. It is exactly that attitude that put trump in office in the first place. Did that help Bernie's agenda? The answer to that is ridiculously easy. No, it did not. It did the exact opposite. If you don't vote for the Democratic nominee, whoever that is, you are voting against Bernie Sanders and what he stands for, and that's not Rocket science. It's logic.