1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/5/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

They don't care about the rockets period. They would show up for the texans even if they were below .500

DeBeards likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

This moron doesnt watch games, he is a troll.

DeBeards likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course those little problems tend to be added to a bigger question.... this team cannot make enough adjustments.

Above all, Harden cannot make adjustments, his game is too reliant on making step back 3s.

Now we know Russell can actually sacrifice.

The whole system is based on 2 PGs scoring and kicking out to shooters.

It is too top heavy, predictable and shooters are not shooting consistently well. You do not have any other talent than a Gordon outside of the star duo and Ego is not reliable enough.

DeBeards likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree. But how does the game change at that point? How do the Clippers adjust? What moves do we make?

Lot of things happen. It's not just a matter of "we hit more 3's, we're good to go". Sure, that helps, but we've seen the Rockets go cold from 3 very often. What we don't see is any sort of counters. Other teams beat you in a variety of ways. The Rockets have 1 move.

That's the problem.

BasketMAD, daywalker02 and Tato1971 like this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is Texas and that's football. That relationship doesn't care about winning. Texans aren't even expected to win.

6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He didn't play in the 4th quarter.

Even I have to admit tonight that he was trash for most of the game. He was doing okay in the first quarter. Made quite a few layups and had like 4 assists. Scored 10 points I think. But then seem to lose motivation when he came in the 2nd quarter..... most likely because the Clippers were up by so much at that point

Not sure what it was, but he didn't look interested tonight. Look tired for the most part. Not sure if it's because he's not feeling this lineup or because Westbrook is having the ball more than him. But he's definitely in the most inconsistent form in his whole career. I don't think it's a coincidence. I'm not blaming Westbrook. Just saying, Westbrook and Harden like having the ball the most.... and Westbrook gets it more than Harden. I guess he might be frustrated this season with all the double teaming and attention he's getting in the paint. This is probably the most attention I've seen a player get in the NBA. Not even Kobe or Jordan got that much attention.

Hakeemtheking, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Man what the hell. Ain't the game on prime time cable?

Tnt? Reggie and Ernie Johnson? Smh

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fitch is your retort?

LOL

I point out your overexaggerated point (lie if we are being honest) and this is your response?

Go to sleep.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

d'antoni seems to do this quite a bit during rockets games

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Kill a goat, sacrifice a virgin, do a rain dance - quitter mentality always looking for a fall guy.

Pathetic.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Losing like this after the Knicks game is just another slap in the face to Houston sports. Harden is a guy I'm getting less and more less interested in watching... Gordon too.

12. JackLordsHair66

Exactly, we’ve beaten good teams primarily when the team was scalding hot from 3, if we aren’t shooting damn near lights out from 3 we just aren’t winning many games because we are too small to get many rebounds and second chance points (which we will just jack up more 3s anyway if we do get the Rs ) it’s frustrating to watch us shoot so many open 3s and miss and just continue to do the same thing over and over even when it’s clearly not working. It blows my mind only Russ shoots any mid range shots it just feels so wrong on a night like tonight ...

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yes indeed, d'antoni's poor coaching is killing a GOAT's chance at a title

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

when tucker is not hitting the corner three, he is pretty much dead on the offensive end as a threat

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

So who is your coach funny boy?

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We should adjust our game. But Westbrook and Harden are the only players who makes things happen. Harden either gets double teamed or they put 2 or 3 guys on him as soon as he drives to the paint. And we know if you clog Westbrook's lane, he either has to force it up or pass it out.

That's what happens when you have a bad or a below average supporting cast. We become predictable. And the other team can afford to gamble on us missing a lot of 3pt shots. Stop Harden/Westbrook and you stop the Rockets.... especially if you stop Harden.

Now every other team are going to copy what the Knicks and Clippers did and we'll struggle to win games. Our only hope is Harden starts hitting that 3pt shot more consistently. But then again, if Harden starts hitting that shot again, we all know the other team is going to start double teaming him.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. JackLordsHair66

What’s frustrating about that is fin he doesn’t have the ball he just stands around now ball watching a lot , he rarely moves without the ball ever rarely sets screens sometimes he even removes himself from play entirely ... I wonder if his dad Dantoni Is getting worried

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

more Carroll, more Green....we need to use them. Carroll brings a "Westbrook" style of intensity on the defensive end and we need that instead of just playing him in garbage time

Little Bit and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's because the Rockets have dictated that to be. They have overhauled the entire roster and gameplan to emphasize "Harden ISO and Westbrook spacing".

The problem is there is no Plan B. Other teams have a Plan B. They have something beyond "our stars aren't dominating so I guess it's going to be a loss".

bro2044 likes this.
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

What do you counter with for a team packing the paint though ? It's not like we were not attacking them it's just the refs didn't feel like we got fouled very much. We need better shots from EGO though. I can't prove it but it just feels like he is one biggest if not the biggest problem for us. Idk what exactly he is doing on both ends we are just so out of sync when he's on the floor.

DeBeards likes this.