1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Tuesday Predictions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Feb 26, 2020.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Don't be fooled. Biden winning all counties in Texas and other states that trump will win easily in the general. Liberal base counties voting Bernie. Those tricky Republicans, smells fishy.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No , we did't put policy disagreement below the desire to beat Trump.

Bernie can't put together more than 33% - accept in his home state.
    Biden has a better chance to beat Trump even if Bernie Brats stay home.

I disagree with Bernie's policy on damn near everything anyhow - Spend spend spend , more gubmint is the answer to everything.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s the same attitude that got trump elected. Congratulations.

Blah blah pretty much sums you up.

4. ipaman

I don't want either so I will abstain out of apathy. Exercise my right to vote keeping it and letting others decide.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is literally contradictory to polling data that shows that voters are more aligned with Bernie policy wise but are still voting for Biden. It's about electability.

For many Democrat voters they appreciate Bernie and they agree that his policies some time in the future should be the path forward, but they are deathly afraid of Trump.

Now I'm sure for you that isn't the case but you are one person and polling data isnt.

6. ipaman

My right to use my vote as I choose. You take that from me?

7. fchowd0311

I mean you do you. But if you think one is even slightly better off for the country, you are doing yourself a disservice by abstaining.

jiggyfly, ipaman and foh like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you stoned out of your gourd?

AleksandarN and ElPigto like this.
  9. foh

foh Member

Andrew Yang? Haha. Apparently Bloomberg reached out to Yang as a potential VP. Yang is definitely someone who thinks outside the box.

10. ipaman

Neither are for me so I'll let others decide. Seems logical.
    I wish. I'm sober and disenfranchised.

11. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can a working class individual or family afford to buy and live in that neighborhood today? Are there even any union workers left? My guess is no, but please correct me.

There is both a lot of jubilation and sadness in this thread. Biden essentially securing the nomination tonight is putting Bernie supporters in a tough position. A vote for Biden in November isn't simply a vote to oust Trump it's also a vote to continue the policies that have brought about large wealth inequality and lack of opportunity.

To be clear, I'm neither a Bernie or Trump supporter but these two individuals are talking to a segment of the country that has been passed over by *gasp* the establishment. A segment Biden claims to represent but has a history of opposing. Trump certainly hasn't exactly helped in this regard either.

joshuaao and ipaman like this.
  12. HTM

HTM Member

Reddit must be in shambles tonight

astros123 and ryan_98 like this.
  13. ipaman

Actually yes, Asian Americans are severely underrepresented and I could vote for that ticket. I loved Yang on Rogan.

joshuaao, RudyTBag and foh like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Trump is a direct 180 for the working class people. Under his administration, the 400 wealthiest families pay an overall tax rate less than the middle class. He's a pooulist in rhetoric. He's a bootlicker for wealthy donors in practice.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/americ...s-pay-a-lower-tax-rate-than-the-middle-class/

Deckard, ryan_98 and foh like this.
  15. ipaman

Exactly right.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is going to get stomped by Trump.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Bernie Reddit have gone RACIST. "Black people should be allowed to vote. Black people shouldn't be allowed to vote unless they have a college degree. Black people don't know what is good for them. Obama is a Uncle Tom...etc...".

Many of the Bernie voters are not Democrats. It is Bernie or nothing.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That is what they said about Super Tuesday. Biden helped Obama with White, working class voters. Obama is helping Biden with Black and Hispanic voters.

19. fchowd0311

Man Bernie Bros now racist. Which of these Reddit usernames? Got any tweets also?

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And who are these people commenting? Let's remember, there are full time trolls paid to sow division across places like Reddit, Twitter, Facebook. If the comments aren't getting upvoted what does it matter? It's just some troll seeking attention.

Deckard likes this.