1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 2/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2020.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh it goes farther back then the last play in regulation. Harden won the game in OT this isn't slander there are observations:

The game was basically over and Harden shot (and missed) 3 straight step back 3's instead of just driving to salt the game away.

Rockets up 5 with seconds left and he just throws the ball away.

And then the missed rebound came.

Multiple times he had the game in his hand and he did some very silly things.

2. AXG

AXG Member

A win is a win, but the Rockets made too many stupid decisions at the end of regulation.

RyanB likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can Robert Horry play on this Rockets team?

Remlap, Deckard, clutchdabear and 8 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'll soon live for the culture.

D-rock likes this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

in sports if a guy say he ready n ur staff say he good..u play him.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I love Tiiick too.

DeBeards likes this.
  8. HardLin

HardLin Member

I'll agree that using Tyson for the rebound is the correct strategy. But by itself it wouldn't have done anything in this case.
    However, I'd position Tyson for the short rebound, and Russ for the long rebound (put him where James was), and that would have done it.
    But for whatever reason, they always seem to put James on the outside like that.

We won the game anyway, so it's much harder to feel salty about this :)
    Defense was fantastic. As you noticed the frustrating thing was not getting rebounds.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’ve always respected Westbrook. But, now I really like the guy.

10. heypartner

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It doesn't mean a player is in rhythm. That takes actual game time.

12. smp

smp Member

I mentioned RoCo is alot like Robert Horry in some other thread. He’s a little shorter than Horry but similar game.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  13. heypartner

poor Bill Simmons

or maybe Harden is just a better defender than you think. lulz at Hayward needing to "torch" Harden.

Remlap, clutchdabear, HP3 and 7 others like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me too! There was a stretch of time awhile back that was not much fun. Isn't it great? I swear, I knew Westbrook made us more fun to watch, but Covington adds the cherry on top.

I still wish we had a better forward starting for House though. I just don't understand how he gets 30 minutes a game. He just seems like a bench player to me. I know he hustles and all, but can't we do better?

Remlap, pippsux and smp like this.
  15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did anybody say it yet? No way we win this game with CP3 instead of Westbrook. ☺️

Remlap, raining threes, smp and 4 others like this.
  16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Harden had some inexcusable mental farts. The team needs to tighten up its late game execution. Get to the lane, take short shots so no long rebounds.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I posted several times he closed the game in OT but he is also the reason they were in that situation in the first place. Watch last 30 secs in 4Q and tell me again how Harden didnt choke.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Tell me about it. I bet more than a grand on the Rockets.

I do worry about MDA not knowing to make that substitution. His decision making will be a big part of any playoff run.

But yeah let’s just enjoy the win. When that Brown three went in, with all my money on the line, sheesh! Would have been the most demoralizing loss for me personally. I totally figured we stood no chance in OT after that.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's not forget Horry has 7 ships and shot winners for 3 different ball clubs deep into the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The last two 3s the Celtics made (and the rebound that slipped through Harden's fingers) were pretty fluky as well, easy to get frustrated after a team is able to come back after making shots like that.

Luckily our guys had the intestinal fortitude to clamp down on defense instead of sh*tting themselves. The OT was well played by both sides--Hayward missed that open 3...but most likely only because our guys were applying a ton of pressure the entire second half and got him gassed.

Our defense really is Lockdown™, somebody needs to post that picture of Tatum in handcuffs again, because that's what our defense did ;);)

BMoney and D-rock like this.