1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah Giannis is more of a pure athlete though... when his body get older I can definitely see him as a poor man's AK47.

2. Theking

Theking Member

Well said

RocketsFan247 likes this.
  3. SORF

SORF Member

Well done James. I love it when a person comes back with wit over brawn...well executed with a direct hit. Bravo! That was a 4 point play!:D

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I hope karma will get that MF. That was intentional for sure.

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. GottaHaveHeart

Way to call him out BEARD!

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Saying Giannis is unskilled is as true as saying Harden doesn't pass. Both guys knew they were just talking **** when they said it. If you watch the Jump the day after you can see Scottie acknowledge that it's all just trash talk. Giannis was clearly salty about something when he made those comments and this is just a clapback from Harden. If the beef translates to more motivation on the court I'm all for it.

Ps. Please please please stop reacting to First Take. No one on that show means what they say. It's the basketball equivalent of the WWE.

Richie_Rich, RayRay10, ilias and 2 others like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That was my point .... and not only are those people imitating him but so are his peers. The best players on the planet imitate Harden.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Who's imitating Giannis ?

slothy420, D-rock, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

9. jcf

jcf Member

That is a sad statement on attention spans. “Harden’s genius is boring because it is made up of the same moves”

D-rock and bobloblaw like this.
  10. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Chris Broussard and Rob Parker's "The Odd Couple" radio show today was probably the worst. Chris saying he voted last year for Giannis was not at all based on some pre-conceived narrative... correct, he was one of the first to drive the narrative. Chris also trying to make a point that Giannis' jokes about Harden being truer than Harden's claim about Giannis having no skill is literal bias. Clearly, Harden was talking about Giannis' ONLY move that somehow gets a free pass with the refs, but no one would touch that with a 10-foot pole lest Giannis gets exposed. Harden truly is a hero for making everyone look like fools flying to Giannis' aid. The only person left whom I wish had a platform today was Jason McIntyre, but he's a nobody who as a Rockets hater can't even find screen time. Sad.

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Giannis seems to be chasing the bulls 72-10 record after the all star was played in chicago.

Can't call it but giannis is looking to blowout teams so his brother can get playing time on the bucks.

Is giannis that good!?!?

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He just carry the ball to dunk like Shaq. But history said it is the must get the ball in or foul. MDA should watch previous match that warriors and Raptors how to beat bucks and how to beat shaq Lakers. I think Lakers looks like bucks

13. jcf

jcf Member

All bs aside, I truly hope you find something meaningful to you in your life. Seeing you spend so much time just trying to get a rise out of people trying to enjoy a shared passion is really sad.

lakersuck2 and harold bingo like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

He is trolling with multiple ids to. Seriously this dude has seriouse mental issues that need to be resolved

lakersuck2, harold bingo and BMoney like this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Bucks beat world champs.. what!?!? Tuesday in Canada.

Come back to the United States to beat okc by 50!

Bucks are red hot going for 72 and 10.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

its Official: the NBA hates us. When all those digs by Giannis went out I didn’t see the NBA defending Harden. But oh no, if Anyone tries to take down their darling du jour they put together a highlight reel, with the first highlight from a Rockets game no less. **** the NBA.

17. SORF

SORF Member

Wow, the Yahoo sportswriter Ben Rohlbach's article is full of misquotes and twisted truths into lies. Don't they teach correct and honest journalism in college anymore? Hey Ben, go back and listen to the interview again, you narrow minded twit. James Harden was not comparing his assist average to the Greek Freak's, he was comparing it to Kemba Walker's assist average. Sheesh no wonder the NBA media is so screwed up...maybe too much ear wax in the ears, so they can't hear what is REALLY said. Ben, open your mind, clean your ears, and you might become a better sportswriter..

18. jowman

jowman Member

Just as predicted the masses of idiots on yahoo and commenters on every site are jumping to support their “humble average joe” Giannis from the scum of harden.

Are these people brain dead or what I swear if you want to ensure you are never wrong just take the opposite position from these idiots.

D-rock, HP3, SORF and 1 other person like this.
  19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Now the Freak is pretending he is the victim.and the media clearly exonerates Giannis of his comments. Oh he is just so innocent of talking trash. Trash talking is just good competition. James gave his viewpoint of all the talk surrounding him and obviously the media is insulted because they literally instigated this

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Do you think harden is an effecrive 3 pt bomber ala steph or an effective rim attacker ala westy?