1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Russia Endorsing Trump, Again, Set to Interfere on His Behalf, Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree but the time to have done that would've been during impeachment.

I understand former presidents wanting to give the current president their space and the idea we only have one president at a time. When the current officeholder is undermining a 231 year history of Constitutional governance there is a time to speak. I've made this point before by luck or design Trump has benefited from the very standards that he undermines. He's benefited from people who believed that it wasn't their place to overstep their bounds because that is what they were brought up to believe. The main example of this is Robert Mueller. He was a thorough by the book guy and his report was overwhelmingly thorough. He also lived the Marine dictum of Semper Fidelis in that he was always loyal to the chain of command. That is why he couldn't indict even though there is no actual legal basis for that rule and why he couldn't even bring himself to say the word "IMPEACHMENT" even though that was the clear conclusion of his report.

At least a third of the Republican party are like that too. People like Will Hurd who acknowledged what Trump did was wrong but wouldn't support impeachment because it wasn't right to have a partisan impeachment or Lamar Alexander who said the House managers "overwhelmingly and convincingly proved their case" wouldn't vote to remove or hear more witnesses because it should be left to the voters. The only two Republicans who realized that Semper Fidelis was more important to the Constitution than to party or tradition were the unlikely duo of Justin Amash and Mitt Romney. A Tea Party representative and a long term party stalwart.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are you seriously this dense?? He was impeached for exactly that. You have his own words. Did you just land from Mars?

3. dobro1229

Exactly. Just imagine if in 2016 we knew that the Astros were going to be perfecting stealing signs but the fans had a chance to speak out and AJ Hinch listened and they stopped stealing signs, invited the MLB to oversea the the playoffs with more scrutiny, and then won the 2017 World Series with transparency that they did it fair and square.

What Astro’s fan wouldn’t choose that alternate reality right now?

Trump fans have a chance to speak out from the bottom up and put a stop to forever tainting the legacy of their political party. We know he’s going to cheat. They know he’s going to cheat. They have a chance now to speak up that they don’t want that taint but instead they complicity snark and just go on about Hillary or John Kerry (which is such a weird injection at this stage. Must have been a hot topic on Rush this AM or something).

Why do Trump fans want that? Especially when the guy is polling ahead in states like Wisconsin and has a real shot at actually winning fair and square if he actually campaigns like a fully functioning adult.

I just find it the height of insanity. These folks are seriously swimming in delusion.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The "we need to leave it to the voters" defense has an obvious flaw when it comes to election meddling.

Can anyone spot it?

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

While that was incredibly stupid of him i don't think he is on the phone with. Russia or anyone else soliciting"inteference".

The Russia investigation was completely independent of Ukraine. I have a problem with the use of the term foreign inteference in the Ukraine scandal. Im not splitting hairs

There is making your opponent look bad and there is inteference. That being said if Ukraine investigated Biden without the truth coming out that would have hurt so i actually do think it would have been more substantial than anything that happened in 2016.

There is asking for that and then there is soliciting things like the things Russia did.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

deep state trying to sink Bernie like they tried to sink Trump

exact same tactic, brief the target they want to smear, then leak the briefing to the press

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Obviously the voting machines...

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

He LITERALLY released himself a memorialized transcript with the president of Ukraine soliciting them for political help on the election. At this point I just have to assume you are just trolling. You seriously cannot be this out of touch.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Did i defend what he did.
    Stop projecting. I said it could have been worse.

Reading comprehension ass jeesh

10. dobro1229

You have no idea who leaked this, and honestly.... it's not really a leak. It has already been reported that Putin has used, and is using Bernie's campaign to divide the left and help Trump. Putin did it in 2016 to help divide the Dems and he's doing it again in 20 for the same reason & also to give Trump a candidate that is easier to beat. It has no indication that Bernie is soliciting the help like Trump is/does.

Also I have no doubt that Putin prefers Bernie to Biden or Bloomberg, or even Warren. Bernie has always been crystal clear that his world view is that the US should be out of the middle east and has always been more isolationist.

I also guarantee you that Trump's admin has all the incentive in the world to leak this himself because he needs whataboutism to get through the current news cycle. If you think Trump has no incentive to leak this himself then you are crazy.

11. dobro1229

Yes you did. By saying "he didn't really solicit interference" when he clearly did... IN HIS OWN WORDS.... you are defending him by distorting the clear truth.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Cause thats not inteference by my definition. People are still free to make their own judgement.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Odd you would bring this up, after all trump has been spouting off on this... calling sanders a "communist" because he got married in Moscow:

And at least Sanders is reacting how any normal politician would:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/8974...d-sanders-that-russia-attempting-aid-campaign

As opposed to trump, who denies russian interference yet actively seeks it out...

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you not believe our own intelligence?

15. dobro1229

Couldn’t be a more different reaction than that of Trump. I get why Putin prefers Bernie as the nominee for the Dems, but it’s night and day in regards to the almost celebratory nature of how Trump and Trumpers play with Putin’s support vs Bernie and his real supporters that I know.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Of course not, he only believes trump, who always tells the truth....

dobro1229 likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad Trump and the Republicans couldn't respond with the dignity and integrity of Bernie and the Democrats.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would you support going back to the Founders idea of the Electoral College that they shouldn't be bound by how their states vote?

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i don't care about what they did 4 years ago, what are they doing now? what up to date techniques are they using now?

and now... Bernie too!?

Again, what methods.

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What is your definition of interference?