1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reggie Jackson agreed to a buyout and on the way joining Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeBeards, Feb 18, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with depth, but sometimes a bad mix of players can make a locker room implode. Clippers have strong personalities (Beverley, Harrell, Jackson, Morris, Lou) mixed in with a softy (Kawhi).

It's a dangerous line to walk. I don't think it's wise to add someone of Jackson's personality to that bench. Morris, I think will be fine.

2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Believe Detroit won this trade.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s not I thought he would’ve been a better fit here though. Not sure how Jackson fits in.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Meh, insurance for injuries.

DeBeards and BaselineFade like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Reggie that never became a star?

DeBeards and BigShasta like this.
  6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Jackson puts up good counting stats but he needs big volume to get there. I guess you could say it increases their variance

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

they signed him so lakers wont get playmaker

BaselineFade and jcmoon like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DeBeards, Scola Scoops and BigShasta like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

He doesnt get a clear role the Clipps already have Beverly and Lou Will as the shoot first pg.

He also isnt someone who plays within his role didnt he move to Detroit cuz he was angry WB stealing all his thunder? Now he gets to be 3rd in line in the rotation lol.

But I'm happy Clipps added him I think what their team needs right now is yet another toxic personality as they are dealing with some locker room tension and injuries.

DeBeards and BigShasta like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes he gets a much more clear role. when guys get bought out, there's obviously something that clicks in their head and when they willingly go somewhere knowing whats in front of them there is a chance things are different. it's the same mindset ppl on this board use for the rockets. just bc its the clips doesn't mean that logic doesn't apply.

yeah it certainly wasn't working when he was 1st in line in detroit. so a change is exactly what he needed. in a limited role in spot minutes, you could do much worse on a team lacking a pg, on a team full of scorers

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think you are giving him too much credit did come on air and say he was humbled and is now willing to play whatever role is required of him?

Clips are lacking a pg they are full of scorers Jackson isnt a pg he is an undersized SG and probably is more trigger happy than Lou Will and Beverly combined. I guess we'll see I think he ends up a malcontent and in the doghouse though.

clutchdabear, DeBeards and BigShasta like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jax is a player though, streaky one.

So he is getting a reduced role now, no one really cares.

Bench depth was never Doc Rivers' problem.

Barring some fantastic transformation into a team player.

#32 daywalker02, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

does he have to? does carroll or green or rivers and co come on air and say they were humbled? nah

I would gladly take a guy like him off the bench to be like the 4th guard on a championship team in spot minutes. certainty beats a bunch of guys the rockets have signed in recent years, that's for sure

as ive said numerous times in this thread, he's more of a pg than anyone on that roster and certainly capable of being a playmaker

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another scrub that's getting too many pages for discussion
    this guy ain't playing any minutes

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

cool. nvm the fact that beverley has been injury prone all season and is still out. oh and pg13 also. so yeah pretty good chance he'll be playing

16. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I dont I think he is a cancer and doesnt know his role. The other guys Rox have signed arent malcontents who poison the locker room with toxicity its fine if they dont play they can just stay on the bench and cheer everyone on like say Tyson Chandler.

RJ has a history of being a toxic player when he is unhappy if he doesnt get PT chances are he is gonna be toxic and bring the team chemistry down. Carroll, Green and Rivers dont have to come out and say they are humbled cuz they never had a bad rep to begin with. If RJ was the type of player happy to play a supporting role as the 4rth guard off the bench he wouldnt have forced his way out of OKC where he was like the primary backup IIRC. A dude like RJ is def the type of player you add to a team already dealing with locker room drama LMAO

DeBeards likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is all worth it if they win a ship or go the Finals.

The Clippers have never made WCF like ever.

Kawhi is turning it on in the Playoffs like he is born only to play there.

Tourney player.

#38 daywalker02, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  19. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

damn get Kawhi's sack out your mouth he ain't turning nothing on in the playoffs man people talk like he just a playoff killer the man had one good playoff run in his career and yall got his sack all in your mouth man he getting bounced

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One with SAS and one last year.

Carry on with the colorful language.