1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Not sure? My volume is just fine.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just fine after you edited your post allowing for context.

Try Harder.

Nook likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can't see the tweet.

What news anchor?

4. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Not the entire clip but its the best i could find

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

America is changing. Adapt or die.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok I watched, when did Todd agree with what he read?

He used it as starting point to the conversation.

And this just illustrates the point, now the Bernie supporters think he should be fired?

So is it false that Bernie supporters don't harass people on twitter?

I am trying to stop with the Trump supporters comparison but this is a prime example.

Twist the host words, ignore everything else that is said about the subject and then play the victim card.

I notice you di not give an example of what else I said in my post.

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So he can't quote the article for discussion?

And its anti semitic?

Thanks for making my point for me.

8. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Full quote from the longer video clip that I originally linked via twitter:

“He says, ‘no other candidate has anything like this digital brownshirt brigade. I mean, except for Donald Trump. The question no one is asking is this, what if you can’t win the presidency without an online mob? What if we live in a world where having a bullying agro social online army running around popping anyone who sticks their head up is either an important ingredient for, or a critical marker of, success?’”

Mitchell, meanwhile, uttered “wow” as Todd added: “I know everybody’s freaking out about this but you saw the MAGA rally that’s preparing around here. There are people coming from three or four states. That’s real and this is like Bernie.”

Was just adding a little extra information to another discussion you were having, Thought this would be more relevant since it just happened.

EDIT: Even if he had not agreed with the quote, still irresponsible to quote an obvious smear of a candidate's supporters.

EDIT 2: Regardless of how horrific some of the supporters of Bernie have been, pretty far out to suggest that they are basically all Nazis.

9. shorerider

shorerider Member

What you are seeing with some Bernie supporters is an outcome of the following:
    1. Bernie is a populist.
    2. Media bias against him.
    A rise in populism means that conditions for a good chunk of the electorate have deteriorated (people become more extreme as their situation becomes more desperate).

The establishment can't stand him (thus the media bias), and this further enrages an already enraged electorate - and voila you have the aggressive response from some of his supporters. Anyone who can't see why people are angry must be living in some fantasy land - the economy is not working for a lot of people out there and they are mad as hell about it.

Meanwhile the Fed keeps quietly printing up the money which keeps flowing into stocks and housing, further exacerbating the inequality everyone is so mad about. No mention of their role in this mess anywhere.

There is nothing new about any of this. Has happened throughout history. There is an excellent book by Walter Scheidel called The Great Leveler that details all of this.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How is it irresponsible?

It's a pertinent topic that even we here have been discussing for a couple of weeks.

He never said they were basically all Nazis he called them the twitter people brownshirts and they actually laughed at the reference.

This is exactly the argument the Trump people use when anybody brings up anything about Nazis.

It is real and it is Bernie but that had nothing to do with Nazis, they were not even commenting on the article.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The media loves Bernie they loved him in 2016 and they love him now because he is great tv.

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Congrats to Bernie on winning the popular vote in two of the five whitest states in America. Only the rapidly fading Biden has done nearly as well with people of color.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bernie 2-0 on the popular vote, let's see if he can go 50-0. :cool:

Maybe 49-1, Biden can have Alabama.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@Os Trigonum

What do you think of Bernie getting the most independent votes (based on entrance/exit polls) in both NH and IA?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bernie prominently winning the (extremely tiny sample size) non-white demographics in IA/NH

Will be interesting to see if this converts in Nevada, which is only 68% white and only 51% non-hispanic white.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That is interesting for sure ....

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not getting any younger, so he better take it all.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

honestly I don't know, I don't think it means a whole lot yet. The big winner last night was Klobuchar.

Nook and Corrosion like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The big winner was technically Bernie.

[​IMG]

Klobuchar did well, but she has polled so incredibly low nationally, she doesn't have a hundreds of millions to throw in ads like Steyer/Bloomberg. I kind of see her dropping out after super tuseday.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe. But Klobuttigieg combined for 126k votes or 44% of the total compared to Bernie's 25%. He hasn't won the nomination yet.

Jayzers_100 likes this.