1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 2/9/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Yet you quoted me saying "Rockets are PROBABLY not contenders" and pointed out that they were 3rd behind Lakers Clippers in odds to win... Which I replied saying the odds weren't great IMO, to which you declared odds aren't everything... so I'm confused what your point was.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

I wish you guys would stop making predictions for our team with half the amount of games left, its kind of ridiculous.

3. Nook

Nook Member

He has been played with an injury for over a month. He was injured came back and reaggrevated it. Credit to him for always being willing to play, but he gets frustrated when he is playing limited and hurt and he eventually gets nasty and down.
    He went through something years ago and his effectiveness suffered and he got nasty... only later was in revealed he was hurt.

Deuce, D-rock, amaru and 2 others like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden always gets the blame when we lose. You know that.

Despite him only missing one layup all game and getting a triple double, people still want to blame him. Having a bad 3pt shooting game doesn't mean you had a bad game overall.

D-rock, amaru, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets have already blown too many games to really "make up" for much. They should be battling for the 1 seed, as opposed to what they will be, which is a 5 or 6 seed

6. Nook

Nook Member

28/10/10/2/1

1 turnover

If you think Harden is the problem then you don’t know basketball.

Deuce, D-rock, amaru and 2 others like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm just saying we have a chance. If they put us ahead of the field, than I think thats something we can build on with half the games left. Like no the odds arent great, but there is clearly something about our team(Harden/Westbrook) that puts us ahead of the pack besides the Lakers and Clippers. And weve seen how weve matched up against those teams. Like should we just quit now???

8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Congratulations. 15% in three-point shots and a new defeat! A great night!

9. realonemo

realonemo Member

He didn't have a bad game it's just in the grand scheme of things he has to cut the bad habits. That 1-17 game in okc should have been the wake up call.

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

This is the main reason why we need a big man so we can stop the momentum for those type of things.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Give the fans credit? Are you new to the GARM? No... most the fans get too much credit.

HP3 likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not sold that Harden's gonna be consistently in a foul trouble all season.

13. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

Part of me wishes Zdogg could dance and rap a tune in front of all the Rockets with James Harden at the front.
    Watch him celebrate this win lol he deserves this win lol

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Just got back from the gym (had to work it out) and I’m still ****ing pissed.

im so tired of fkn losing

DeBeards and pippendagimp like this.
  15. SORF

SORF Member

That or their expectation that Harden must have a 40+ game ever time he plays. That is their new standard game for Harden. I look at contributions...a triple double is a + contribution. 9 defensive rebounds means a minus 18-27 points for the Jazz. 1 offensive rebound could be a + 2-3 pts or zero. 10 assists means a plus 20-30 Rocket points...then add his 28 pts. that means he is responsible for 48-58 points...that a good game on contributions.

#895 SORF, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I just mean in general. If the other team go on a momentum of scoring easy paint points, we need something to counter it. Force them to take 3pt shots.... then if they start hitting 3pt shots, bring out the small ball to tackle the perimeter. Mix it about. We just need to have a different game plan..... which I don't think MDA likes doing.

17. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

In a team that plays "small ball" the star player has 15% in three-point shots! You do understand basketball! Sorry, genius!

18. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Unfortunately this was a loss due to missed 3 pointers. When you play small half the game is predicated on making your baseline percentage and if that happened this game would have been a comfortable win. The formula is there and we have the ability. Iam not worried. We have a great team.

Roomba likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Its fine for you to believe the Rockets have a chance or even a great chance. I currently don't think the Rockets have a good chance to win anything meaningful this year, but there's always a possibility I could change my mind. Which was why my initial post included the word "PROBABLY." Probably not a contender isn't that strong an opinion, certainly nothing that would suggest quitting now or anything similar.

Its great to be an optimistic fan, but maybe you are being too sensitive and choosing to find upsetting... posts/opinions which aren't even mildly offensive.

20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Then this all-star break hopefully will be a good rest for him. James loves the game so much that it hurts, literally. Seeing him get shat on so much by those who are ostensibly fans of his team makes me sad. There's a difference between criticism and flat-out hating.

No, he's not past his prime. No, he's not lazy, or egotistical. In fact, I think his game will age very well, and his work ethic will make sure of that. I would like to see him play through less injuries though. It's better long-term for everyone.

Nook likes this.