1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

With the trade deadline officially passed, Daryl Morey shifts his focus to the buyout market

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 6, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

just a reminder and there's more but these should raise the flag. not sure how it still doesn't to some out there

@napalm06 I think it was your list you posted that had the entire thing right

Deuce, kjayp, Nook and 4 others like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And yet....there are still people defending Tilman. Genuinely amazing. Legit incredible.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we are screwed If we lose Morey, but If anyone can quickly rebuild on the fly, it is Morey, even with LT restrictions and zero draft picks.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Grumble grumble “business decision.”

Yeah I can understand the move . Doesn’t mean Tilman isn’t a piece of **** for constantly blowing smoke up his own ass.

seclusion and J Sizzle like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daryl Morey: Midgets have greater championship potential

“Pretty straight forward. The best way to play with our stars that we feel is the one that gives us the best chance to win the championship is with a stretch four, playing up-tempo, shooting and wing defenders,” Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. “Robert Covington was for sure the best one available.”

“It was nice to win with key players out,” Morey said of Westbrook missing two of those five small-ball games with Harden out in one of those as well. “We’ve been high on Covington for quite a while. It really wasn’t us holding that up. There were a lot of suitors for him. We finally found a deal that worked.”

“He’s very good off the ball, knowing how to position himself, anticipates, gets steals, denies passing lanes,” Morey said. “On the ball, he’s a guy who can honestly take the ball from someone Kawhi (Leonard) like. He’s somebody who really fits how coach (Mike) D’Antoni wants to play.”

“We feel comfortable with the roster as it is,” Morey said. “We have at least 10 Mike is comfortable putting on the floor to win big-time playoff games.”

6. malakas

malakas Member

We found the Rockets employee account.

Try not to be so obvious next time.

Deuce, Nook and clutchdabear like this.
  7. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

joakim noah
    andrew bogut
    marcin gortat
    greg monroe
    zaza pachulia

malakas likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tilman's son Patrick is already set to take over down the road. We're already screwed as is

9. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Now that would be brutal. I'm glad I have all you cyber Rocket friends to share with in the misery. :D

Right now though, I'm excited for this team. I'm ready to enjoy it.

I don't think people realize how much better Robert Covington is then Clint Capela, on both ends. It is a major upgrade.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

All too tall. Pass.

clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

the bandwagon is kinda empty right now though ;)

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Josh Smith

Josh Smith likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Capela + 1st for Roco...

We got totally fleeced just because Tilman wanted to save money again.

malakas likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ariza netted Kelly Oubre Jr who is killing it for the Suns. Awful decision to let him go for nothing. We had people on here defending that move at the time too. Idiots.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That's good. Let's find out who the real Houston Bloods are.

Not like those CA fans that jump dicks depending on what is fashionable.

18. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

At least 10? In the playoffs?? Biggest crock of bullshit I ever heard lol

19. JW86

JW86 Member

Tilman said he only wanted to avoid the repeater tax, so what's he so afraid of?

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

10 ... harden , Gordon , rivers , WB , maclemore , house , pj , Covington ... that’s 8 . Who are 9 and 10 ? Tyson , thabo , Clemons , Hartenstein!!?!?!

Let’s be real , we have 8 . Mike won’t even play an 8 man rotation half the time .

It depends on who shakes loose I guess , but if we aren’t players in the buyout market how can rockets fans not be bitterly disappointed?

GradyMcTracy and malakas like this.