1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

True Victim Is Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 5, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this isnt about westbrook. we could have kept clint and still made a deal for roco simply by holding onto some expiring contracts. we didnt do that because all tillman cares about is staying under the tax.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

they are getting darren collison.

UTSA2step and amaru like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

And you’ll never see them on the floor together and why is that bc they both can’t space the floor

hieuytran, Nook and amaru like this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Bob is highly offended.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Westbrick has been in the league for 11 years, why can't he?

HP3 likes this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Not sure what the Lakers have left to trade with. Haven't followed their trade history. But I doubt they'll bring anyone in. I mean, they're quite comfortably top of the west at the moment. They might feel they have enough. I personally don't think they have enough.... and you can't put too much strain on Lebron these days.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Yep. They are essentially the same player. So the Lakers basically have a “Capela” between two players that make under 7 mill a year.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

you under value CC. He didn’t live up to our expectations but that doesn’t mean he is at Bayne’s level. The trade interests for him from multiple teams say all. For one he outruns the opposing big at least three times a game to give us easy buckets. The blocks and the boards. He is just not skilled and power enough. No Baynes is two level down from what he provided.

9. amaru

amaru Member

Westbrook actually can. Clint is almost completely incapable. Didn’t you see that garbage midrange shot he uncorked for the Swiss National team?

10. riko

riko Member

Collision is supposedly signing there. Darren Collison is a very good playmaker to come off the bench

11. amaru

amaru Member

At no point did I suggest that Clint was at “Baynes’s level”. I simply said that I believe that a player like Baynes can provide the Rockets with enough of what Clint did.

Two completely different statements.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lebron isnt a typical 35 yr old. his genetics are far superior than most and he takes great care of his body year round. you never hear about bron coming into camp overweight and having to work himself into shape.

sure they may struggle against the clippers, but they will be just fine against everyone else. as for the rockets im less worried about the clippers and more worried about the lakers. the lakers do have some shooters especially if this deal goes through for morris.

UTSA2step likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

The 3 blocks and 13 boards he gave us on a regular basis?

14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Westbrook has actually been hitting a few mid-range shots this year.... more than I thought he would. Yeah, his 3pt shooting has been bad for the most part, but at least he's cut down on shooting them recently. Westbrook finds other ways to score his points, whilst Capela relies on good passing for the most part.

But it isn't a bad question. Capela literally hasn't tried to change his game. It doesn't appear he's worked on shooting, a post game or generally worked on his finishing at the rim in all his time at the Rockets. Quite surprising, considering he's been playing in a team that basically runs an isolation style for years now.

15. amaru

amaru Member

Depending on the minutes and trades/buyouts it’s possible the rstats could be replaced collectively. It’s hard to say since the dust hasn’t settled yet. However, Clint was far from irreplaceable.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Why is that all you care about lol?

17. amaru

amaru Member

What are you talking about?

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

see that’s where you and I differ, I wanted to replace CC too but with a better and more skilled big like Love. I wanted go bigger on the big not smaller.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Sorry, I may have put words in your mouth there.

But regardless of what anyone thought about this trade, i think the skill set of being able to hit one of those 15-17 jumpers doesnt matter at all, period. Like its inconsequential.

20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Harden looked really really really good today with the small ball lineup. We got killed on the boards expectedly but Harden was +20. It was closer cause Gordon was really bad. Their offesive reboundd weren't enough to compensate for the ease with which we scored every single time. 3>2 and we'll be wiiiide open a lot. With Westbrook back and Cov in tow to take Sefalosha and Mclemore minutes that offense becomes even crazier.