1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

True Victim Is Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We all can whine and moan about another 1st round pick out the door for Luxury Tax Savings, but you do have to feel a bit sad for Harden who will never get a ring under the Tilman/Morey era. I used to be a Cincinnati Bengals fan 30 years ago and then Mike Brown took the team over and they have been the laughingstock of football ever since. I’ve lived it with a cheap arse owner and can tell you Tilman is just like Brown in that he only focuses on what’s best for his pocketbook and sadly that doesn’t work in today’s sportsworld.

Lurch, Sanctity and jacoby like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nope. Harden wanted Westbrick.

Because Westbrick is Westbrick and not the PointGod we can't have a center who can't shoot 3's. We need spacing, Rockets play 4 out. Can't play 4 out with Westbrick.

The real victims are the Rocket fans, this is Harden and Tilman's fault.

Vivi, ak99999, napalm06 and 8 others like this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

we can sign Kenneth Faried again

juanm34, UTSA2step and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Clint is almost outdated in today’s NBA. A big man who can’t shoot becomes almost unplayable. Look at all the teams that made the conference finals last year. They all had at least 1 big who could stretch the floor.

ak99999, Lurch, UTSA2step and 6 others like this.
  5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Agreed and therefore let’s not have a big at all. Simpson like.

malakas likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the lakers play two centers that dont shoot outside and have the top record in the conference.

caneks, PolarBear, Sanctity and 2 others like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

The real victim are rockets fans. Tillman is tje worst thing to happen to Houston sport in a while.

Vivi, Von Rafer, saleem and 3 others like this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers struggle in the playoffs. Their lack of shooting is probably going to cost them in the long run.

Rocket River, Lawlruschang and Tfor3 like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

I see a cheap, situational big coming. I don’t like the small ball.....like at all really....but we painted ourselves into this corner when we gave Paul that huge contract. This is the team we have...we are stuck. Maybe in the off season we can find a legitimate stretch 5

shwinn23 likes this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Wrong. WestBROOK is a Kia NBA MVP

To think Harden and Westbrook will be unable to win a championship together in their prime is nothing short of a travesty. tilmen needs to be severely beaten and then imprisoned for life if he so manages to survive.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

True. However, the Lakers aren’t paying either of those centers 15 million a year and they don’t start either of them. As a change of pace, a non shooting big can be effective. Capela is the “overlaid running back” on a good, but not championship level team.

Random but I bet there wouldn’t be a huge drop off if we replaced Capela with McGee and Howard’s corpse.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

bigs don’t grow on trees and imagine the quality we are getting that no one wants

malakas likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Good thing he has his ring from the Les/Morey era then. Oh wait...

jojolover likes this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Everything is different in the playoffs. Teams defend you differently.... and with their lack of shooting, they might become predictable. Yeah, they have Lebron to run the plays and whatnot.... but a 35-year-old Lebron can't carry like he used to.

Their record suggests they're favorites to win it. But the Clippers have by far the best team on paper. I'd be more worried about the Clippers than the Lakers in the playoffs.

withmustard likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

After a quick good search I see that Howard and McGee are averaging a combined 15(ish) points and 13(ish) boards are while making around 6.5 a year. That is essentially what Capela was giving us for nearly 3 times the money.

Rocket River likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn, I didn't think about that one G.

Too bad that Kia MVP trophy didn't space the floor well enough for us to keep Clint.

Vivi, HP3 and malakas like this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

I think a big like Baynes would provide enough of what Capela gave us for now but in the off season the center position should be the priority.

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Lakers are screwed if LeBron suffers any type of significant injury this season. They need a second playmaker desperately.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Clint has been in the NBA for over 6 years. Why can’t be hit an open 15-17 foot shot?

saleem, bro2044 and Tfor3 like this.