1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still support this team if James and Morey left?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jerryclark, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Would you still support this team if James and Morey left?

1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
  1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

ClutchFans,

As you all should know by now, things seem to be going down hill year after year since our infamous owner tilmen fertita has taken over. If we dont win it all, there is a very good possibility that these two are out by this offseason or the next. As cheap as tilmen is and as talentless as the rest of the roster is (coaching staff included), at the very least, we have been able to count on Harden, Morey and our other Kia NBA MVP to do the impossible in keeping this team competitive.

If they were gone, would you criticize anyone who stopped supporting the Houston Rockets? I expect to see a lot of "real fans"(probably hardcore Texans fans too) to say yes. Me, personally, there is no way in hell I am sticking with a sorry-fertita led homeless shelter excuse of a "team" and obviously would have no problems with anyone else who feels the same.

I cant recall the last time we heard any straight up good news from this dunce. He has made 0 effort towards winning a championship with Harden and Morey. If these two are gone, trust me when I say there will not be anyone close to as talented as either walking through that door to work with tilmen. As a rational being, I see no point in sticking to a franchise with an inbred owner that will actively sabotage any chance to win.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes. Probably support less but I wouldn't switch... I hope that's true for everyone here.

For example, I hate the Texans right down to their team name, but they're still my team.

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Da *** kinda question is that? I can hate the owner but still pull for my team.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

For sure. Always will be a fan of the Rockets, but the owner has allowed me to recalibrate my expectations for the future.

5. rockets13champs

I been a fan thru every era the last 20ish years. Like if I can watch a 9-10 seed play every game back in 2010-2013 I can do that again. Rockets are a big part of my sports life.

I grew up with James Harden getting traded to going from that 8 seed to Dwight to Chris to now Westbrook. I’ve seen it all. Even if we don’t get the chip. This era has indeed been more successful than the tmac and Yao era

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I was here before them, I'll be here after them.

Players, general managers, and even owners come and go, but we, the true fans, stay. We're the actual caretakers of this team.

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

So you just going to sit there and cheer for a team that wont win **** for the next 10 years as if thats not absurd

8. JackLordsHair66

A begrudging yes, been a fan since the mid 70s when I was a kid, saw my first game with Moses Malone in 77 (I think hmm) as a 10 year old. Hard to drop that loyalty. That said i wouldn’t actively do anything to help put dollars in his pockets though !

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Man what? We had either morey or at the very least not a bottom 3 owner during those time

10. Blurr#7

News flash genius you’ve been supporting the Rockets.........and we haven’t won **** in 25 years if that’s not absurd.

#10 Blurr#7, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    tmoney1101, topfive, Blatz and 3 others like this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

No ****. You really cant put 2 and 2 together. In those 25 years these last 3 have arguably been our best chance at it. If we dont even try to win now its just not happening

12. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I would probably watch less unless we get an exciting rookie but look at the Knicks. I wouldn’t judge anybody who switched teams. Ownership is so important

BenjaminChen and Jontro like this.
  13. Blurr#7

I can put together you’re a fair weather fan. And to assume they won’t be competitive if Harden and Morey are gone is just ignorant we just don’t know. Best believe if we go down the drain and $$ starts coming out of Tillman’s pocket he’ll sell quick as hell.

shady1 likes this.
  14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I would still support the team. But I would still want the best for Harden, and I would hope he would win at least win one championship with another team. He deserves that.

Reeko, jacoby and J Sizzle like this.
  15. macan

macan Member

i will still be a Rockets fan. and i will continue to b**** about the owner until he sells the team.
    tilmans is a trash owner.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A lazy diva and a narcissistic egomaniac gone. Its a no brainer, I would start watching full games again. Make the rockets fun to watch again.

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I will support the team regardless of whatever happens, as would most of us on this forum (or so I'd like to believe).

There's more to being a fan than just hopping onto the bus when the team is doing well...and if anyone decides to jump ship if the team starts struggling then it wasn't worth having them here in the first place.

To me, it's not about a player, or an executive, or even an owner. It's about the HOUSTON MOTHERF*CKING ROCKETS BABYYYY

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hypothetical threads are caused by hypothetical fans

Blurr#7, Reeko and dc rock like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No.

Not with Ferntits Junior as the new GM.

I have grown to hate Ferntits ....

Gray_Jay, Spacemoth and Jontro like this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I am a Rockets fan through and through.

I'm not jumping ship if our new owner turns out to be a chump

I'm not leaving if Morey is out

I'm not leaving if Harden leaves

I will only leave if team relocates to another City/State.