1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ]Celtics engaged with HOU about Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 3, 2020.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ainge's Net gains came not by day but by Knight.

BigMaloe, Nook, SamFisher and 3 others like this.
  2. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Man if we could get Morris in one of our TPEs for a 2nd round pick or two after trading for RoCo and getting Looney or Theis I'd feel so good about this team's chances.. I know that won't happen because luxury tax, but I guess that's how it goes.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I think we are out on Iggy, I dont believe he will play for us if we make a trade.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Robert Covington has always seemed overrated to me. It's hard for me to get excited about the acquisition. We really bout to trade our best asset for a player we cut in past. smh. And he's skinny af. As much as I criticized Clint in the past, I find it hard to believe Covington and Theis(or filler C) will replace his production in our system. I honestly don't like this deal. Daryl needs to get ATL back on the phone.

D-rock and JayZ750 like this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Rockets will suck if they get Covington or Iggy. This is why they must fire Morey. He has no clue. Go look at Covington’s last 20 games of stats. Typical game 4-12 and 1 assist....WOW!!!!!

icewill36 likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Covington as the missing piece lol.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I swear to god you MFers are never happy.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Standard box score watchers should be amongst the most ridiculed... You ousted yourself.

rockets13champs, HP3 and lionaire like this.
  9. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Covington is great for a Daniel House or PJ Tucker, but nowhere near worth a 25 year old center who averages 14-14 vs. 12-1.

jcf and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

So let me get this straight, we the Bucks were about to get Covington for George freaking Hill but we have to go above and beyond and trade away our only blue chip prospect in Capela plus a first round pick for him??? SMH

11. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

That is the most truth I've seen on this board in a long time.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I like Theis for all the reasons Smoothie and Rudy have mentioned, but its his toughness that I like the best. Pair him with PJ on our line and we've instantly upgrading our grit and grind. RoCo is a nice piece, but his health has always bothered me. If these two guys are the core of the deal for us, I'd really love to bring Robert Williams home as well. Then we have three pieces we need to work into the rotation to save PJ some wear, that's if MDA will play them.

RudyTBag and xaos like this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Our owner keeps giving away talent to be cheap. Why should we be? Maybe if more fans stopped being happy with BS like that then the owners would get serious about winning.

RudyTBag and J Sizzle like this.
  14. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I don’t know man. Every transaction has been a cost cutting move so it’s hard to look at any transaction with some skepticism

jcf likes this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

I mean who needs capela Anyway, he’s just taking westbrooks rebounds. I mean how inconsiderate, how is WB suppose to get his triple doubles if capela is being so selfish.

16. xaos

xaos Member

Good post!

Shark44 likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is a good point. We should be happy that the billionaire owner wants to hurt the teams chances to save some more money.

18. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Well, I am more talking about how now everyone saying RoCo sucks and won't help.

19. macan

macan Member

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Zach Lowe called him top ten most overrated players in the league

Zach Lowe: Robert Covington is top 10 most overrated player in the NBA. People talk about like he is Bruce Bowen with Kyle Korver's jumpshot, saying he can swing a championship. He is good. But people are really overrating him

J.R., Erbnwarfare and bpbkforlife like this.