1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Collins also 6'8.25 w/out shoes with 6'11 wingspan.

CF is already up in arms about team being so short. Collins will be down grade defensively including rim protection and rebounding.

DeBeards and clutchdabear like this.
  2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

We’re splitting hairs because in this case the position names are kinda meaningless. I mean he is a floor spacer and stands behind the arc on offense, so it seems the coach calls him the 4. You could just as easily call him the stretch 5 though, bball reference has logged his minutes at Center this year. He is the 5 on defense, he’s the rim protector.

Either way, my main point is what would Collins do that Turner doesn’t?

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Damn @ch44 dropping bombs in this thread

D-rock and Air Yordan like this.
  4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Rumors can fail?! That’s news to Clutchfans!

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Not interested.

6. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

if it’s capela for collins.. it better include some other useful parts for the rockets.. otherwise i’d rather just keep capela. capela is the better defensive presence, and he’s longer.
    and he doesn’t have a PED suspension... like someone else said... that’s a huge red flag for me. if collins gets caught one more time... that’s an indefinite ban.

mikol13, TheRedRanger, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

AG is always being traded/AG is never being traded. What suggests confidence that this time he will be a go go? And in a real world sense (hah!) what would be bring back?

malakas likes this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Trae helps his #s exponentially. Collins is good, Hawks missed him during his 25 gamer.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Who knows? Maybe the shopping is much more intensive than in previous times? Because ch44 isn't the only one who has reported it. Other journalists with reliable sources like KOC have insinuated that AG will likely be traded in the near future.

I am not following the Magic at all, so maybe there are some financial issues as well that I don't care to keep track of.
    What I do know is that Hammond and the POBO have their seat creaking already and as usual Hammond's response would be to sell of young talent for a win now move.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd be totally fine with this, where i'm not sold on is if we think about playing they guy as a full time center.

If the idea is to start Noel (ala Perkins/Elson/Malik Rose), Collins, PJ and take out Noel early to go with Collins at the 5 then sure, also cause in the end, getting Collins for me would be huge, not only for today, but also going forward for the future of the franchise.

I just don't want the Rockets to trade for a talent like Collins and try to turn him into something he's not with the risk of limiting/ruining his development.

AceOfSpades and D-rock like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Rockets are the team that will eventually add something like a pick here, i really can't imagine how Atlanta swaps Collins for Capela straight up or even gives up other valuable assets. The fact that they're already giving him up is a bit strange to me, i guess it might be because of the PED supsension, if there's such a big risk of him being banned, i can see why they're open to give him up.

DeBeards likes this.
  12. bmd

bmd Member

Who is ch44 and why is he suddenly an insider?

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He seldom posts......until recently, anyway. He seems to have the pulse on what’s going on. Take his posts for what you will.

joshuaao and Vivi like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Suddenly = pretty much two years ;) you can trust what he says, he's legit.

15. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

@ch44 is way better than Cyber IMO. I know its not a competition but he's been more reliable.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

Actually Hawks have been much better since Collins has been back. He got hurt last year in preseason too & made a big impact when he returned. He’s very underrated.

4-21 during his 25 game suspension

8-12 since he’s been back (missed a game or 2)

17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Just looked at some Collins highlights. He looks like a SF.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The difference between the two is that @ch44 usually shares info when it's almost close to happening versus @cyberx gives us a lot of the more chatter that goes on but doesn't always happen.

Personally, I love having both of them around and feel neither is more reliable than the other. In fact what @cyberx gives us some the extensive chatter that goes on behind the scenes even if whatever is proposed never actually happens. Posters have this misconception that you are only an insider if the event happens, when that isn't remotely true considering that there is always a lot of chatter going on between GMs and only does a deal happen ever so often.

I wish people would appreciate more what each insider or even friends of people brought to the table here. It is fascinating to at least know tid bits even if it never does actually happen.

#318 ElPigto, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  19. 523744

523744 Member

ch44...

This can’t be THE c..h 44 that I’m thinking of

TheRedRanger, joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

The good thing about the Rockets is that they have John Lucas here and he could support Collins in his issues with drugs. He’s done it for many players before.

D-rock likes this.