1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. realonemo

realonemo Member

The lakers are probably the only team that can destroy the rox small lineup consistently.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

If Collins can shoot a respectable three than you gotta do it if your Houston but dunno why ATL would do it honestly. Rockets would still need a wing tho

amaru likes this.
  3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

If the Hawks are really interested in a Collins for Capela straight swap (which won’t work) They will have to include Jabari Parker plus Hunter or Len as well just to match salaries. I’d still like to see them bring in a wing with a TPE or something as well. Maybe a Glenn Robinson or Reggie Bullock type.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Scheme does matter, but I promise you Aaron Gordon isn’t taking four contested threes per game.

Draymond Green is an elite role player, but he’s not an elite scorer. Therefore, he will never thrive when asked to be the best or second-best player on a team. However, if you replaced him with Aaron Gordon, the Warriors would not have been nearly as good. Green’s defensive skill and versatility was essential to their success, and his playmaking ability made life easier for Curry, Thompson and Durant on the offensive end. Gordon isn’t in Green’s class in either area.

If you replace Green with Aaron Gordon, the Rockets would have easily eliminated the Warriors in each of the last two postseasons simply because Clint Capela wouldn’t have been rendered a non-factor.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Hurry up and get this thing done. Stop wasting our time.

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Add the Nuggets and the Bucks, at least.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Capela, Nene, First Round Pick, Second Round Pick

for

Collins, Len, Parker

Works money-wise. Collins is an all-star in the making,. Len is a big body, mediocre yes, but he can rebound and can stretch the floor somewhat. Parker is a scorer, although the fit is questionable with us but he's on a cheap deal regardless.

Westbrook/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    Tucker/McLemore
    Collins/House
    Len/Parker

And then obviously, we can go small with Collins at the 5, Tucker at the 4, and Gordon/McLemore/House at the 3.

joshuaao likes this.
  8. DVauthrin

My guess is the Hawks want to keep Parker and use him as their primary power forward if they trade Collins. He played well when Collins was suspended for performance-enhancing drugs.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd bet they'll put Len and Parker in the deal eventually just to match the salaries since they suck, but i would still expect the Rockets to drop one if not two 1st rounders here, there's no way Atlanta swaps Collins for Capela without also getting something else back.

I also wonder if Morey is trying to sell the farm in order to get Collins and Hunter, but even if we move Capela, House, Hartenstein, two 1st rounder and 2nd rounders...i don't think that would be enough.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

This trade idea is pretty much what i would expect at this point, with possibly Hartenstein or another 2nd rounder to Atlanta.

11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

We should try and get Vince Carter also.

bobloblaw likes this.
  12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

We are going to have to agree to disagree about Aaron Gordon. We do know that he is capable of 30 point games and carrying scoring load if necessary. Draymond Green can never be the #3 option, nevermind #1, on any team that is contending.

Draymond Green is severely overrated because he played with the 3 greatest shooters in modern era.

You clearly see how ineffective he is even as second fiddle this season. He is pathetic on both offense and defense.

Green has motor issues because he's bought into his own hype, AG attitude and motor is unquestioned whether team winning or losing.

And Green is even worse 3P shooter than AG so if Draymond can pull Clint to perimeter so could AG.

I cannot continue this dialog if you are just going to create fake scenarios.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bru...you can get Collins and you would send the guy to Minnie to get Covington? Come on now...

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  15. realonemo

realonemo Member

Yup, Jokic and Giannis would avg like 40 and 20 lol.

16. DVauthrin

What fake scenario did I create? Draymond Green’s defensive versatility and skill made Clint Capela a non-factor offensively in each of the playoff series the last two seasons. Aaron Gordon isn’t as good as Green defensively and would not have eliminated Capela from the Rockets’ offense.

Also, Aaron Gordon isn’t a good number two option on a mediocre Orlando team, so what makes you think he can be one on a really good team? Because he can drop 20 or 30 points once in awhile? That means nothing.

RudyTBag and YOLO like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG can take over a game offensively as well as defensively.

Draymond cannot take over a game offensively and the last 2 seasons his defensive prowess has been overrated.

And exactly the way Green negated Clint, taking him to perimeter and de-clogging lane is what AG can also provide. You saying he cannot is simply your opinion based on nothing but your belief.

I already showed you that AG is more efficient 3 ball threat and scorer than Green.

18. amaru

amaru Member

You must have missed last game.

Vivi likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harty pulling the strings from behind the scenes...