1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Westbrook Recently called out Harden for having the "worst attitude" on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

So why did you reply to me with that if i never even mentioned the word "superstar"? :D

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was on teams with Malone, Payton, Shaq and Nash, Dwight, World Peace.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean all those players besides Shaq were well over the hill on the Lakers.

Rockets12 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some were less over the hill than others.
    Dwight was pre-Rox Dwight, so he had problems adjusting.

Most of them could still play, Artest was still a 17-18 ppg guy.

LA was at its best when they had Horry and Fisher like bench players and not a 3rd superstar.

Gasol played very well for the Lakers, almost Memphis like.

5. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Harden had problems with Howard, Harden had problems with Paul, now Westbrook comes to the Rockets and ... Harden is not happy either? I think the problem is not the rest of the NBA players, the problem is HARDEN!

jacoby, charlieaustin, SWTsig and 3 others like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

idk if i believe this .

also Russ could have been saying "worst attitude" in an exaggerated sort of way

jacoby and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't worry. Pretty sure this won't last forever. Harden has this kind of funk a few times pretty much every season. Sometimes it's just a quarter. Sometimes it's a game or two. Sometimes it's longer. It can happen in the regular season. It can also happen in the most important playoffs game.

It's a mystery. Nobody except himself knows what's going on. Knowing that is both reassuring and worrisome. Reassuring because we know that he will come out of it eventually. Worrisome because we never know when it will happen next time.

8. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I can't tell anymore. Sometimes I think it's a confidence issue related to the traps and doubles. Sometimes I think it's the injury. Sometimes I think it's him trying to boost Russ' usage to get him an easy nod as an All-Star selection. Before I was almost convinced it was to get House traded.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kobe literally shot the Lakers out of the finals with his piss poor shooting against the Pistons.

That over the hill Malone was actually the glue to hold the Lakers offense together with his passing and ball movement.

Once he went out with injury, Kobe Bryant in his typical fashion, forgot that he had Shaq on his team dominating, and instead started chucking and bricking shots.

Tayshaun Prince was happy to lock him up with his one on one defense and Kobe kept pressing the issue while shooting 38% for the series.

Meanwhile the Wallace brothers were glad that Kobe forgot about Shaq.

BTW, this was with the core of Shaq, Fisher, and FOx still on the team.

I seriously dont think you have watched these games/series or you have a poor memory.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's amazing how such a deficient player like Kobe could win 5 rings.

Harden has had plenty of horrible performances in the playoffs also. They are going to be remembered far more than Kobe's bad ones because Harden doesn't have 5 ****ing rings.

I watched both Kobe and Harden shoot horribly in the playoffs. The difference between the two is Kobe doesn't curl up in a ball and start b****ing at the refs and stand still on defense when his shot isn't falling.

Hakeemtheking, SWTsig and hakeem94 like this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I can have my own opinions and while it sucks he passed away soo early, he was easily one of the most overrated players in the league. A true test of greatness is how well you do without another star. Plenty of players can win with multiple all stars.

Kobe’s years without another all star player says it all. Lakers struggled to make the playoffs or get out of first round. In Comparison, Lebron can lead a team with no all stars to the finals. Heck even Harden carried a scrubby rockets team to second seed. Gasol grizzlies were also better than the Lakers. KGs twolves were better and those teams were all pretty comparable talent wise.

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am sure Harden would have had a few rings in his pockets as well if he had Shaq as his teammate.

Conversely, I doubt Kobe has as many rings if he kept running into an All star team like Warriors in their prime.

Kobe can also thank at least another one of his rings to Artest and Pau for gifting it to him in Game 7 of the Finals against the Celtics. Kobe literally threw an egg in one of his biggest games of his career and was saved by his teammates. Had they not come through for him, this would have gone down as another questionable Finals moment on Kobe's resume and his legacy.

I suggest you watch that game and also Game 7 of the playoffs against the Suns, instead of counting rings without context.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

more callouts otw

DeBeards, joshuaao, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He needs to sit if he is hurt... but hear me out.

James Harden for Devin Booker and 2 FRPs.

Who says no?

jb86 likes this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Paul and Howard had public issues with other teammates before ever playing with Harden.

Harden and Westbrook don’t have a problem with each other.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

If his teammates outright tell him to sit down until he's healthy I wonder how he will take it.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Don't forget his Game 7 against Boston where he almost shot LA out of a ring. If it weren't for Gasol and Artest, Kobe would have been stuck at #4.

Vivi, D-rock and Zboy like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

See Post #292 in this thread.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah if this is anything other than an injury, it’s super concerning. Worst case being he’s checked out.

But despite what clutchfans thinks, you don’t become the best basketball player in the world for 3-4 years running with a lack of heart, dedication, and drive. It’s simply not possible. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk this to an undisclosed injury.

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We'd be in the same situation. The other team would just start double teaming Booker.

It isn't Harden that's the problem, it's the whole team that's the problem. When Harden is getting double teamed at half court, we're not taking advantage of it most of the time. MDA should work on plays to stop this from happening. We also don't have a good supporting shooting cast, which is why the other teams take the gamble of leaving a 4v3 situation most times. It's probably why Harden has gone so far out of rhythm recently, due to him not having the ball that much on the offense.

Our defense is another main problem. The switching on defense is awful at times. Harden's defense hasn't been great on guarding a fast player, but it's never been great ever since he joined the Rockets.... that's not the problem. The problem is the help defense. Capela isn't helping in the paint like he should be doing. He's got away with due to our high scoring offense.

We're now left with a trash ass inconsistent roster.

bilaal14 likes this.