1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ackerman & Bullard should be ashamed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WestendMassive, Jan 28, 2020.

1. WestendMassive

Possibly should have watched that game before making this thread but the still should have opened with a Kobe tribute vs Utah. Every other team did. The fact that Houston didn't is shitty

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Dude seriously.

Nook, jchu14, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  3. WestendMassive

They should have opened coverage with that, not the game. That's my point here, it should have been the first thing discussed, not something at a timeout

4. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

At that point in time the news was still breaking. There was a lot of confusion and I believe that only TMZ was running with it. There were reports that Rick Fox was on the helicopter for some reason. It was fresh, it was raw info. They were clearly in shock.

But yes, you are right that you should have probably watched the game and not come from a place of ignorance before starting this thread.

34to11 likes this.
  5. WestendMassive

Alright the consensus is that I'm the ******* here because I expected more from the Rockets.

That's cool, I can deal with that.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

OP be all like

swaggy P basket celebration fail.gif

OP now feels like

balance beam fail.gif

Y2JT, 34to11, Sajan and 1 other person like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wrong. To me it felt like they spent the whole game on it. They repeatedly said the game shouldn't have been played and spoke adoration of Kobe constantly. Stop being a Twitter crusader, lol.

Maybe lock this before it goes further downhill? @Clutch @Dr of Dunk

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Please close this thread before you get extracted from this board. Tributes are done with many manpower and with a lot of videos. We were on the road, how can you put up an immediate tribute to a sudden event. Remember this was on a Sunday, do you work on Sunday?!?!?!? ESPN has numerous Kobe footages and interviews, they employ so many that they can do tributes at any time. A tragic event and you put it on the Rockets, come on?!!?!?!?!?!?

DFWRocket likes this.
  9. WestendMassive

See post above, I'm the ******* here and I fkd up by missing the Denver game. that's all good.

Not even sure why I'm shook about Kobe anyway, loved to hate the guy.

10. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Everyone disagrees with me and my ill-informed opinion is missing data from the previous game which I admit to not watching.... what should I do, hmmm?...

DOUBLE DOWN

OP, we all do dumb things. It's okay to say "I ****ed up, my bad, please let the thread die". Bumping it and embarrassing yourself further won't get you anywhere. Apologize and move on.

34to11, Sajan, Mazulis and 1 other person like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Maybe you should have explored this unknown before you created the thread?

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

^^^This is correct^^^ There is a HUGE difference between working out of a truck on the road with little resources and time versus working in a freaking News organization headquarters that produces news highlight shows every few hours and has vaults of footage at their disposal.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ack!

This is Bull!

Already done during Sunday's game.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yet somehow you had time to watch the intros for every game that was played.

Just get out of here with this crap.

And at the risk of pissing a lot of people off... 100k+ people die every day, and a lot of them are also heroes in their own way, despite not having access to millions upon millions of dollars and the ear of everyone in the entertainment industry because they weren't really athletic. Don't get me wrong, this is a basketball board, basketball games are well basketball games, sports radio is sports radio... I get it, related to the sport, and frankly sports in general, it's obviously as relevant a story as it gets. I'm fine with the attention the story has gotten. I find this thread somewhat appalling though ...

that the Rockets broadcast didn't open exactly perfectly with the type of Kobe tribute you wanted is up there with idiotic threads.

frankly, i'm disappointed there hasn't been more focus on the kids. Or the fact that LA is such a f'ing traffic nightmare with lack of public transportation options that the guy long ago resorted to helicopter'ing around the city. I mean seriously, have you guys been to LA. It takes half an hour to go to the grocery store a mile away. I honestly don't know why you'd live there unless yo had to for work... especially with San Diego just 2 hours south.

SkareKrow, Y2JT, BallaDoc and 5 others like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dude, the Kobe news was announced less than an hour before the game. Do you know how long it take to but together memorial packages for TV? They didn't have one ready for Kobe freaking Bryant dying at 41.

16. macan

macan Member

mr. negative

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fixed for accuracy.

34to11 and WestendMassive like this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You were wrong as a dong all day long, but you're wanting them to do a second fake emotion tribute to appease just you? What's wrong with you today and yesterday, bro! When do we get back our @WestendMassive ?

I'm sorry you're struggling with this whole thing though. Sometimes the death of someone can trigger some previously undealt with pains. I hope that's not the case for you, but if it is I'm truly sorry.

WestendMassive likes this.
  19. WestendMassive

You don't have to edit anything to talk about it.

But anyway, i ****ed up making this thread and it's the worst take on clutchfans in months, maybe years, because i missed the crucial context.

My bad clutchfans, sorry for wasting your time

20. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

People are dying everyday...i dont see them getting honored. People that serve the country die everyday as well. Where is their respect? Shhhhh

BallaDoc likes this.