1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Pompeo is a big fat idiot, volume XXI

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

This thread has devolved.

Pompeo was evasive and threw a tantrum. He threw a tantrum because he knows the President screwed up and he cannot honestly answer questions and dishonest answers make him look like a fool.

He cannot blow up at the President so he blew up at a female reporter. His behavior would never be acceptable but it is far more troubling because he is the Secretary of State of the most powerful nation in over 2000 years. It is just another in a long line of troubling behaviors by the Trump administration.

You can call it bullying or not bullying, it makes no difference. I will point out that this administration does have a long history of bullying though.

Pompeo is an *******. President Trump is a lying POS... and everyone else on the right side of the aisle puts their head down and whimpers when Trump barks... everyone on the left side of the aisle claims outrage.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So you are on record as saying anyone who doesn't say they are bullied are, in fact, not bullied. Good to know.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I agree with your post. On the bullying, i would agree that Pompeo is being an ass in her description and the map incident is childish and insulting

That being said the questions about Yovanovitch were personal
    Did you back her? She was obviously making him try to make a choice between her and Trump and that can be considered unprofessional

We all know what Pompeo has done in regards to Yovanovitch. There was no need for those questions. Pompeo doesn't work for Trump but he is in Trump's administration and it would be noble to fall on his sword for her but not necessary

#123 pgabriel, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No im saying bullying is our opinion

But in regards to your point if she felt bullied why wouldn't she say it. She obviously isn't worried about reporting the incident

So i understand your point but thats not an issue here

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

pgabriel has 47 of the first 124 posts (37.9%) in this thread!

but he "doesnt care" about any of this...:D

KingCheetah, jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Even if assuming Pompeo is completely not lying...

Then how do the facts that Mary Louis Kelly suck at Geography and lied to him about interview being about Iran and his tantrum being off the record make Pompeo look any better?

He still threw a tantrum when a reporter asks a legitimate question about a matter he's involved in and is very much in the news.

Nook likes this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/24/7985...news&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

Those questions don't seem to be unprofessional at all. It seems like Pompeo gave contradicting answers to the evidence available and she wanted clarity on that, as any good journalist would. What was unprofessional was the tirade Pompeo pulled on the interviewer after it was conducted. Your initial response, was who cares if Pompeo was acting like a d******d, it's not bullying and then proceeded to blame the reporter for reporting what happened like it's not news worthy.

Your sole argument in defense of Pompeo is that it wasn't bullying even if he was being a d******d and thus isn't newsworthy.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Now pgagab's fellow trump defender (mark levin) starts in attacking NPR and suggesting they should lose government funding and trump of course himself chimes in.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why do some of you make this personal and some dont

The dick riding here was totally unnecessary

10. London'sBurning

Because you take the stupidest stances on things. Who cares if Pompeo was being a d******d, it's not newsworthy because he wasn't being a bully. That's more or less 7 pages of your stupid argument.

dmoneybangbang and jiggyfly like this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What is he being contradictory about?

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody watch the new Picard series premier? When the reporter asks him questions that they'd agreed beforehand were supposed to be off the table I kept hoping he'd throw a tantrum and ask her to point out Romulus on a star chart.

Very disapointing.

Nook, NewRoxFan and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No problem with you answering for a fellow make it personal *******.

But the job stuff is worse than him so i understand

14. London'sBurning

Do I have to read for you? I gave you a link. If I were to quote the contradictions in bold during the interview for you, would you even read it? I'll do it for you if you will. I will point out in bold the contradictions if you'll tell me you'll take the time to read.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A tantrum from someone in a higher position who then uses that position in an attempt to humiliate and intimidate is in fact, bullying.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

[
    She is a reporter. He is a government official. Position doesn't matter. He isn't her boss

17. London'sBurning

And it is an abuse of power. He was hoping she wouldn't know where Ukraine is just so he could go in public and shame her for not knowing that and ruin her credibility as a news reporter for doing her job by asking interview questions. He was ready to smear her public image and is still trying to do that. It's just she got the answer right and he looks like an even bigger ******* for it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The question is only meant to drive division with him and Trump. Its unprofessional

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

P Gabs causing rambling chaos in an @SamFisher thread... Hmm.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro, this really uncool. Sometimes you're funny. Sometimes you're a jerk. But im sure regardless im sure he wont go further into that its real uncol to try to instigate it

I remember you getting upset with me questioning your defense of your racist high school friend @mr meowgi
    So don't act above it all homeboy