1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Most likely KCP would have to be added to the trade going to us so it wouldn't be a bad trade in that we turned Tucker into Kuzma and KCP. Hell, we could flip KCP by himself or KCP + Capela for more help.

Vivi likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

Who the fook uses nyn for the Knicks??? It’s NYK

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

True, Crowder would likely be attainable. He'd help somewhat, but he's been inconsistent as a shooter for the past few years and fits right in with our our "short and thicc for their position" roster. But at least he's versatile defensively and experienced.

Another guy who I think could be attainable is Al Horford. Maybe not til the offseason, but Philly is definitely regretting giving him that big of a 4-year deal, when the fit was never ideal to begin with (and at his age). That in itself makes me wary, but if we end up shaking things up and going all-in for this year/next, I think he could be a guy who fits very well. We'd need to add athleticism/youth if we did add Horford, assuming we moved Capela in the process.

Maybe move Tucker + filler for Horford, and then Capela for a wing like Covington + a young piece or two? I'd probably be more comfortable keeping at least one of Capela/Tucker though.

Little Bit and Vivi like this.
  4. rockets13champs

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, agreed on Crowder.

On Horford i don't know, i've been a fan of him from his rookie season and was all about getting him when we actually tried 3 years ago, now eh...on paper i'd still take him over every other guy named here to replace Capela, no question about that, but that contract alone makes that scenario impossible imo, at least for now, maybe in the summer when we'll be able to move Gordon, but i don't know.

At this point, what i hope is we keep the good players we have and add one solid piece, whether it's Covington, Wisnlow, Kuzma or another guy, i doubt this will happen cause Tilman would've to pay some tax tough.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

That was your biggest takeaway?

You are a genius.

7. rockets13champs

Trade was awful

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just like your breath

DeBeards likes this.
  9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

k love, rose, towns able to defence. I will get klove and try to see whether we can get rose.
    I think Houston has to talk with the new coach to see which players can help Houston to get champion.

10. rockets13champs

What an awful comeback.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Truth hurts amirite?

DeBeards likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

Lmfao. U don’t even know me. My pocket 10x the size of yours. So it would be a treat for u to smell my breath.

13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Trade with Raptors to get ibaka, gasol and Lowry

14. fattz

fattz Member

Thankful for the insight,,,
    Random thought turn Capela into 4 rotation worthy players and 3 of them are 6’8”; save 3 million in the process; taller and younger; Plus actually help the other teams as we do it:

Boston
    In: Capela
    Out: Smart, Williams
    Gets the center they been wanting for years.

PHILADELPHIA
    In: 2RP (Rockets) Nene w/ cash to buy him out
    Out: Bolden
    Gets roster spot to sign Pelle plus a 2RP

Lakers
    In: Smart (filler Sefolosha)
    Out: KCP & Kuzma
    Smart is perfect player for the Lakers because he can guard 1-4 helping them in the playoffs.

Houston
    Out: Capela, Nene, Sefolosha & 2RP
    In:
    KCP —> starting small forward
    Kuzma —> starting big forward
    Williams —> center help (home town kid - Texas A&M)
    Bolden—> perfect fit on paper
    3 million in savings after paying off Nene.
    opens room for Hartenstein

D-rock likes this.
  15. ch44

ch44 Member

Markieff is a name popping up. Probably needs to be a trade exception + minor asset? Nene can't be included because the Pistons are hard capped and his team salary is too high.

fattz, Huncho Bean, jch1911 and 9 others like this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Thank God. This makes too much damn sense. Rockets need a power forward badly and he’s out there just waiting to be got. You can fit him into a trade exception without sending any salary back. Give up a second, maybe two. Just get it done.

joshuaao, Deuce and BaselineFade like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trade exception and a 2nd Rounder would/should work. Gets the Pistons further away from the luxury tax line and gain a potentially good pick in the future. The hurdle/obstacle is justifying this move to Tilman if other player salaries aren't shed.

18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty Please?

Damn I'm desperate.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hear you Baseline, but Kieff doesn't bring any defense. I wouldn't mind him for cheap though.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  20. foggy94

foggy94 Member

He brings defensive rebounding - he’d be our second best rebounder behind Capela. And yeah, he’s also just there for free. Even slotting in a capable Pf to give Tucker rest is worth it when you have the TPE to use.

I think he could be had cheap, like our 2020 2nd. Detroit are a very expensive bad team, like 60k below the tax. Houston might be the only team with a TPE wanting to take him for no salary in return.

saleem, BaselineFade and ROXTXIA like this.