1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

To all ”fans” living in Houston: dont you ever dare to bring up Silver/media bias if you cant even run a proper fanclub in toyota center. It was ****ing pathetic to hear lakers fans on my tv and now i understand why league dont care about rockets fans. Its unnacceptable, they( la fans) should be whistled out. People abroad wake up in the middle of the night just so they have a chance to watch basketball and their favourite team and yall cant even go to the game and cheer the players? Pathetic fanbase

IvanLCPM, hakeem94, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Heat team isnt better, they just have a great coach. As a result Miami overachieves while Rockets underachieve relative to their talent.

On paper Rox should be 2nd seed in the West at worst given Clippers are Team rest with the talent they have. SF position is weak but you have 2 MVPs, Capela, EG, Rivers and tucker this team should be clowning almost everyone if we had an Xs and Os coach instead of Dumbtoni.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Becky Hammon could coach better than MDA I bet. She's probably learned more from Pop in the last few years than MDA has ever learned from anyone. Even I could put up a better rotation than this crap he does. I mean, how do people keep defending this guy? He's become the Bill O'Brien of blown leads. We don't need another one of those.

Hartenstein has played four minutes since his
    17 pt 15 rebound 2 steals and 5 blocks game. He did all that in 26 minutes. All that and he earns a whole 4 minutes since. That's pathetic. Tonight Clint and Skinny Beard play 44 minutes and get 8 pts, 15 rebounds, a steal and 2 blocks.

I can't help but wonder if he plays House more minutes than any NBA team in the league would play someone at his level of production. Sure, we are contenders, but who wouldn't be with Harden and Westbrook doing what they do best. Westbrook has been shooting .596 FG% these last 5 games, by the way, for the haters out there.

Clint has made 16 of his last 18 free throws. Wow, he has gone from 48% to 89%. That might help his trade value. Unfortunately, I'm at the point now of thinking we need to trade Clint for a really good forward, and use Harty and Chandler at center. I never thought I'd be saying that, but it's obvious nobody is going to get us much of anything. I mean everyone else is just OK. We could make the next AT&T commercial. Just OK is not OK.

This rotation around Russ and James is the worst we've had in a long long time. That's on Tilman and Morey. The time has come for cheapass Tilman to dip into the luxury tax and give Morey more ammo to fix this mess of a roster. We are down, but certainly not out. We just need help, and need it quick. Oh, and by help I don't mean someone on their last leg, somebody's scrub bench player, or another inexperienced G League player. Just do it!

#1403 deb4rockets, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Rocket River, roslolian and lw17 like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Or Westbrook is learning to play more effectively with the team and it takes time to blend It altogether. Harden maybe stepping back so his friend can step up. Remember Westbrook has been injured and just now starting to really play at his best. Once Westbrook gets going; Harden will still be himself good things will happen.

5. fattz

fattz Member

Hartenstien can help if he gets playing time.

JW86, roslolian, DeBeards and 2 others like this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I could barely sleep last night because of bad of taste last night's loss left in my mouth, especially with those Lakers fans cheering so damn loud in TC.

God damn Tilman's first promise to Rockets fans was to get the arena filled on camera but the lower bowl is still empty as it ever was and it's even worse when it's filled with opposing team fans. Limit resale or something, how can you not be embarrassed as an owner when you let the home arena fill up with 1/3 Lakers fans?

Rocket River and BigShasta like this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I get the frustration but come on dude...

Talk to me next time Clutchfans has 18,000 active members living in Houston

All this "yall" talk. Why weren't you at the game? Why don't you cheer for a team more geographically accessible to you?

Individual fans have the right to express whatever they please. You, I, or any other fan on this website have no control over a crowd of nearly 20,000 people, nor do any of us have the resources to beef a fanbase any moreso than an entire franchise could do on their own.

8. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

been saying Houston has the worst fanbase I've ever seen

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  9. pippsux

pippsux Member

This is Harden's fault too, he doesn't move without the ball unless it's a 3. He doesn't hustle when he loses the ball and I hate to agree with the c huckster but dribble dribble dribble dribble

ak99999 likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know man, i think a lot of us still has that series against the Warriors stuck into our mind, which is understandable, but imo not necessarily fair, especially considering he was probably not even close to being 100% after he got that virus last season.

roslolian likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is also another thing i can't get, i don't really want to fall into the idea that this roster sucks cause that's not true, the bench is obviously not great but we still have players like Gordon and Rivers coming off it, House now is playing like ass but i think he'll go back to be serviceable like he was until he got injured, we have a couple of interesting young player, one with good potential to develop...we really just need a solid wing. The Lakers beat our ass without Davis and they played Dwight, Kuzma, Cook, Caruso and Daniels off the bench, while starting Bradley, Green, McGee and Pope alongside "washed up" (like CF told me months ago) Lebron so, don't sell me the idea that the roster they had last night is 20 points better then our own cause it's not.

IvanLCPM and Rocket River like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Definitely passive aggressiveness

Rocket River

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did Rivers even play?

Rocket River

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers definitely have a better roster. @BigBum just did this thought experiment
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...stbrook-vs-lakers-without-james-davis.303181/

Austin Rivers - Chris Clemons
    Eric Gordon - Ben McLemore - Michael Frazier - Gerald Green
    Danuel House - William Howard
    P.J. Tucker - Thabo Sefolosha
    Clint Capela - Isaiah Hartenstein - Tyson Chandler - Nene

Rajon Rondo - Alex Caruso - Quinn Cook
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - Avery Bradley - Troy Daniels
    Danny Green - Talen Horton-Tucker
    Kyle Kuzma - Jared Dudley - Kostas Antetokounmpo - Devontae Cacok
    JaVale McGee - Dwight Howard - DeMarcus Cousins

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

What hurts with this lost is that AD didn't even suit up? They might be the team we need home-field against or save til WcF. We've faired better against the Nuggets, Clippers, and Mavs.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-rockets-were-coach-of-the-year-material/amp/

Even outside analysts agree Vogel took a dump all over Dumbtoni. Notice they dont say Rockets "lack of depth" or being cheap was what caused the Lakers win, it was adjustments. Vogel didnt whine about having Caruso as a starter, and he didnt ignore Caldwell Pope and let him rot on the bench either.

An objective 3rd party said adjustments cause the Lakers win and Rox loss...the Pro MDA crowd would lose their minds at this article. Tell me again how 2 MVPs on the team is the problem lmao.

AD didn't even play I dont wanna hear your no talent argument. Rox have more talent than Lebron and role players gimme a break. We lost due to coaching Lakers have a decent coach the Rox have Harden as the coach.

#1416 roslolian, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  17. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

He was out with injury

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Agreed on not needing stars. Disagree on Covington. If we could add any reasonable player available in trade without trading away the core (except Danuel House) there is no better piece to add than Covington. He's a knock down shooter and an All NBA Defender. He guards the 3-5 as well as Ariza ever did and he's five years younger.

19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Embarrassment doesn't pay the bills. What does are block sales of easily transferable tickets for 'lots of money' to corporations and other groups who could care less if the lower bowl is filled with red.

Betcha there'd be better fan presence on tv if he didn't cut the Red Rowdies off at the knees. Guess they didn't pay the bills either.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Except we’ve already backed out on RoCO