1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

For WHOOOOOO, Clemmons is a guard, and hes not gonna get minutes over Harden, Westbrook,Gordon, Rivers, its not happening at all.

Fraizer......thats the solution....thats what wins us this game....Friazer? Do you know how bad a dude a must be if hes not playing over these two??? Your counting on a g-league scrub to come in and fix out team? Hartenstein...sure, but nah, Fraizer who no one has ever seen...im good.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

MDA doesn't trust young players. We should give it up already. I'm okay with trading Capela so we can just get a steady those of Isiah, even if he struggles at time.

I know eventually we will start shooting well again and that Capela will get better, but my patience has run out. I know we aren't winning the championship anyways. Championship teams are good to great defensively. Sadly that's not us.

DeBeards likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Dont get down about it this is what was going to happen in the playoffs. Changes can still be made we just have to make them

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

x10000000

5. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Consistent at what missing shots? He didn’t play a better game than Russ groupie! Over this last several games Russ>> James

6. realonemo

realonemo Member

7. Mr. Space City

NBA players making millions of dollars cant even make wide open 3's or make layups lol

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Clint always says some **** like how he can't wait to play in the big games and then doesn't show up.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At this point . .. i do not trust out coach's opinion
    so as far as we know. . Fraizer could be all world

Rocket River

10. Mr. Space City

I mean how can you do nothing on offense, and still be trash on defense too? Lmfao

PeterKingX likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

You seriously must have missed all my other posts quoting flawed roster construction exaggerated by substandard coaching.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

We aren't expecting Rockets to win every game. No one is expecting perfection. It's the way we lose that irks me. When things start to fall, it feels the team is helpless and don't have things to try. Early in Q4 Lebron was getting rest, that laker lineup had issues scoring. But we were still cold. So the lead more or less stay the same. Then he came back in, and the lead widen.

Yes, we can point to Dwight's dirty shot on PJ. Lebron flopped several times. Harden got mis called on the phantom offensive foul, and BMac's offensive foul was a no call. The officiating this game wasn't bad as the Grizz games, but Rockets have to rise above all that.

We're too rigid. We had something good going with James' iso but if you do it all game, opponents not just adapt 'conceptually', they're getting practice at it. Ironic thing is that opponents double team isn't rigid. Unlike early in the season with Nick Nurse; Raptors did it the entire game. Recent games opponents seem to do it sparingly in 1st half, then ramp up in 2nd half.

If players salary are expensive, can we pay a mil or two extra to get a good defensive assistant coach?

#1272 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    HP3 and DeBeards like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You can't bust out the "Do you know how bad a dude must be" line when MDA is playing Tyson "help, HEEEELP" Chandler over Isiah "+39" Hartenstein.

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Is it all-star break yet...................

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. macan

macan Member

for once, i agree with this dude

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is right BUT....

This is the guy that basically played on teams running ISO plays.

And also the guy that couldnt play basketball other than push people in the blocks.

And also the guy that was the reason that OKC lost Harden and broke up their super team.

And also the guy that has someone translate English and write for him on twitter.

17. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Defensive rebounding cost us that game. Bring back Faried man........I don’t care how bad his defense is, he can rebound and get us easy buckets. He averaged 14 and 10 for us l, I don’t see what he did wrong to get the sack.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are we still talking ships now?

2nd and 3rd round are in danger if they cannot improve.

DeBeards likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Running an offense, making good plays. Thats fine, but every good play Russ, does he makes a bunch of bone headed ones that cost us. And James is the better offensive player, I dont care what your shitty eye test tells you, you dont know crap about basketball. Wanna know why its so easy to double James this...year...HINT HINT

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Maybe, harden and mda just plotted to make use of a couple of games (say 4 in a row) showing morey how far we are away from a championship podium and how terrible our roles are;)
    A pressure imposed on morey