1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is simply not a leader and never will be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 15, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Being legendary at iso dribbling exhibitions doesn't give you an excuse to show no effort on every other aspect of the game of basketball.

ilovehtownbb and bmelo like this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

"Duncan was a quiet leader" reads as he didnt say **** he was on a VERY TALENTED ****ING TEAM. He had a big three his entire career. All the great leaders you guys are naming were on much more talented teams than the Rockets. Much more talent than Harden has ever had on his Rockets.

Richie_Rich, Blurr#7 and Rocket River like this.
  3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Exactly!
    I don't understand why it is so difficult to accept that Harden is not a leader. He is a brilliant player who does not have the character or personality to be a leader. As simple as that!

malakas likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes:
    Who said he didn't say ****?
    Just because he didn't say it to the media and the press?

Of course he said things to encourage his teammates and keep the team focused and united. We only found out details much later and not many since the Spurs as a whole don't let things out. If you are interested there are a few articles written about it.

Noone who knows ever doubt that Duncan was an exellent leader.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

**** response from a **** poster. You said nothing to refute anything I said. I just gave you something other than scoring you have nothing. You have been exposed as a typical hater. Like I thought you would be.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Exactly indeed thanks for making my point for me.

7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden isn't a leader.... but he shouldn't have to be a leader. He's simply out there to score points and help his team win.... which he does the majority of the time. What he does need is a good supporting cast and a coach who knows how to motivate the team and change things when we're losing momentum.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bingo.

Kawhi and Duncan look as listless and disinterested as Harden does all the time.
    They were quiet.
    Came and performed.
    Like Harden.

All this "He doesn't look like he cares" **** is complete crap.

Rocket River

9. malakas

malakas Member

what exactly was your point?
    \That Harden is also a quiet leader like Duncan was?
    Because if so that's laughable to compare the two in that area.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Hey guys my name is kevin Durant... Im a great leader for the best team ever who had like a hundred superstars. My name is Lebron I left a finals team to go to miami because im the best leader ever. i did it again to the cavaliers because im a great leader lol My name is Tim duncan, I joined an extremely talented team right off the bat and I had a big three and the greatest coach ever for my whole career and im the best leader ever! You guys are a joke.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Duncan wasn't quiet in the lockeroom. He was quiet in the press and the media.
    With his teammates he was proactive encouraging them, talking to them and bring the team together.

And Kawhi hasn't shown any leadership abilities whatsover like how Harden hasn't.
    Both don't even have 1% of Duncan's leadership qualities.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its only laughable because Tim has rings from playing with a big three and Pop. If we won a chip two years ago it wouldnt be funny at all. They would be building a statue outside Toyota center.

13. malakas

malakas Member

So let me get this straight.
    You are claiming that if you have a good team like Duncan has you can't be a leader?
    How does it even make sense?

And who here in his right mind even claimed that Durant was a leader?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Of course my friend, we agree that a huge part of the problem is in the coaching staff. MDA is not Rudy T.
    Anyway, I think Harden should improve some aspects of his personality.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Durant and Kawhi have also rings and noone say they were any kind of leaders.

I am sorry but you keep moving the goalposts around without any rhyme or reason.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You are perhaps the dumbest person if you think Im saying he "couldnt" be a great leader because he had talent. What a dumb response.... really? im not even sure how to respond to that. Is that really where you logically went?

17. malakas

malakas Member

What 30 year old person improves aspects of their personality?
    That is now set in stone.

Harden doesn't have it in him to be a leader and that is it. There can be other leaders on the team apart from him. It's not the end of the world.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Judging from your answers that's exactly what I got.

Why don't you explain how Duncan having other stars negates or disqualifies his leadership abilities?

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The point is.....he does not have to be
    As long as we get that from the c0ach or another teammate.

I feel Duncan got his leadership from Pop

Rocket River

DeBeards and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No I moved no goal post at all. And Kawhi has been dubbed the best player and great leader since his win last year. KD was known as a great leader and the best player in the league. You have a few logical fails in your brain that you need to deal with. You are connecting dots that arent there lol Take a critical thinking class maybe? The point is you were not in the locker room with tim how would you know what kind of ****ing leader he is. He's known that way because of his winning thats it. They simply had a more talented team and won chips. You guys are typical people who dont play ball so this bullshit leadership thing is where you go to sell someone out when you need something to blame and its the dumbest thing ever. I could just start saying guys are bad leaders but HTF would I know I dont play in the NBA.

Blurr#7 likes this.