1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/15/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2020.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

The problem is also the surrounding team. We could have won when we had Chris if we had more help on the wing or more efficient 3point shooters. Harden hasn’t had a good surrounding cast just average or below average.

but yes he needs to change his attitude. He is a great player but acts like a diva at times. Or believes he can get away with stuff like not playing with energy or being engaged in the game. Yet he complains to others of his mistakes. He needs to grow up and take full responsibility of his mistakes and stop blaming others. Needs to stop half arsing the way he plays and play with more energy and move without the ball more.

if Harden had the energy and effort Russ had or at least half. He would be unstoppable and everyone would love playing with him.

fchowd0311 and deb4rockets like this.
  2. shlhl

shlhl Member

I have been watched Rocket since 1991 and Harden can be entertaining tto watch. but the way he is playing will be very very hard to win championship. (Game 6 or game 7 all over again in the future if there is any) In the meantime, the denfense is horrible. He had to lead the denfense also if he want to win the C. This year is opportunity year.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's simple. I don't respect his style of play. It's that simple. I don't respect how our entire switch scheme defense is entirely built on the fact that Harden doesn't move his feet on defense so we have to disguise it by making him, a sg, a post defender.

I don't respect how he pulls a Mcgrady in Toronto game every game for multiple possessions just standing near the half court line twirling his thumbs.

I don't respect how he stands on one spot of the floor dribbling the air out of the ball allowing teak defenses to rest by just standing around.

I don't respect how one bad call goes his way, he falls apart and starts giving zero effort.

I don't respect the fact that he hunts for fouls instead of trying to put the ball through the hoop on nearly half his possessions.

I don't respect how he yells at teammates right after he makes s bad defensive mistake.

He's not a good leader and part of that is he has a coach who holds no accountability on any player except our back up center.

I don't respect the fact that he has come into the regular season out of shape such as in 2016.

gumbleton3 likes this.
  4. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Damn that dude sounds like Groupie! Harden had the worst +/- of the starters and has been shooting under 40% his last 5 games. But its everyone on the team except him. Lmaaoooo

bmelo, CK Johnson and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. Mr. Space City

Can we just fast forward to when the rockets lose in the first round, so we can hunker down and get ready for an awful 2020-21 year of houston sports?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I know what you mean, but he knows as well as we do. With the signing of Paul we were going to be stuck. Same with giving up 1st rounds for Westbrook. He is lucky we were able to get Westbrook. Even though is contract isn't much better than Paul's, he is more athletic at this point in their careers.

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Very disappointing last 2 games.
    Hope someone is sorting this crap out!

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Because we don't have the players or the coach to play that type of style. It's as simple as that.

If Harden isn't on the ball as much as possible, we tend to the lose more games than we win. Westbrook had the great game tonight, but if he hasn't got a shooting game in his arsenal, he can't carry a team like this. At least Harden can hit 3pt shots.... Westbrook cannot.

And we could have won the game tonight, but too many players were missing wide open 3pt shots tonight. Harden and Westbrook did their part of getting them open, but our supporting cast literally sucks.

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

ding ding ding.

i been hard on him tonite. i pray its just the knee or something cause im starting to look dumb defending him all these games.

again i was all he needs help. cp3 is old.

russ is a baller he has prove that by his averges this year his 30 triple dubs. so he cant use that.

harden has to do more in the offense then just iso. its talent on this team. we not using it to everyones full abilities

10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Never go full ret.... Nevermind.

11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You can win with that style quite comfortably, you just need consistent and good support. Harden has never had it. We nearly did it with that style 2 years ago, but CP3 got injured. So it can be done.

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You don't think that's a possibility?

Every player reaches their breaking point.

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Can't make shots, can't get stops.
    We can't beat anyone anymore

[​IMG]

cerophilik likes this.
  14. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

If you could put Russ, Heart and passion into James body, he’d be the best player in the league.

15. Mr. Space City

The rockets are never going to get what they had in 2017-18.

The chris paul who shimmied on curry is not walking throught that door.
    Ariza is not walking through that door.
    Luc is not walking through that door
    Bzdelik is not walking through that door.

Its almost foolish the rockets could think they could just plug in and play new inferior players and end up with the same results.

The offensive and defensive philosophy needs to be rebuilt.

We dont have the talent or coaching to run this switching scheme anymore. we'd be better off just going back to a traditional man to man defense and just let capela camp in the paint like a rudy gobert.

smp likes this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

see u fail to understand. how do u know we couldnt win. u just assume that. u dont have to be a good 3 point shooter to win u know that right...n its false what u saying ruas has carried a team with less talent to a playoffs so stop that. russ is a mvp ill say that again.

harden always on th3 ball is not the only way to win. unless u are saying thats the only thing harden can do on offense is iso. if thats what u saying thats the problem its no diversity in the offense.

And what you fail to understand I have no problem with iso, I have no problem with with James Harden taking all the shot sometime, sometimes your best player has to know the right thing to do at the time sometimes you got to just say I'm going to do everything,sometimes you got to say I'm a cut move sometimes you got to say I'm a rebound. if harden shot aint going or his teammates aint hitting 3s he useless. its other steps after those 2 to still win my friend

Greedydex and Ramo$e like this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I do.... But it's silly to think you know when and how to determine when that is. He is a pro. Fans might be frustrated. That's shouldn't make them think they are Ms. Cleo.

Beside this is year 1 that we have Westbrook. Why leave now? Seems like fake fans are hoping he leaves or are really in disbelief he could want to stay and end his career here.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

The casual fan (like you) probably didn't realize James was playing with 5 fouls.
    Those refs were handing out fouls like earplugs at a Katy Perry concert at one point

Os Trigonum and Ramo$e like this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

But you had no problem with him last year when he had no Capela, CP3, House and Gordon for multiple games and carrying us to the playoffs?

But you had no problem with him this year when he was averaging close to 40 points a game and winning us back-to-back games?

That's the thing with you guys.... you're quick to turn on him as soon as we lose a few games. You're never here as soon as he's carrying us and we're winning games.

So what would you like us to do? Let Harden have the ball less? Change our style? Trade Harden? What would you do to change this team to a consistent and winning team.... with the trash supporting cast you have?

We don't have the players or the coach to even change our style. We've seen multiple times that when Harden isn't on the ball that much, we tend to lose more games.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

likebits times harden with ge the ball on the break n not give it to russ, only to just slow the pace...why u taking away russ ability. its find u dont wanna run. why not give it up. again russ has earned more trust then what he getting from harden