1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bad move. Pretty slimy.

#1361 DreamShook, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You actually are trying to make us believe Bernie did not want to run in 2016?

So why is he running now?

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No Hard feelings?

That ship has sailed.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe that for a second. Most of it is media hype. It never lives up to the reality.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

6. dmoneybangbang

Bernie Bros is a legit cult.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

This is all stupid and just a distraction. It sucks watching Dems act like this when they should be united against Trump.

I’m so sick of Bernie supporters.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Good for them. I was actually surprised that center left Mika would defend Bernie here. I've gained some respect for her there.

DreamShook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. fchowd0311

Can you elaborate here?

Members of Warren's campaign leak a story to CNn that Bernie thinks Women can't win the presidency. Warren never denies the claim that the person she calls her friend is a sexist. Then she takes advantage of this hit piece on the debate stage by rolling with the accusations and going on a soap box about how a woman would make a better candidate and throwing Bernie under the buss.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A cult of what? Besides being super annoying what exactly do they do? They basically spam the truth about Bernie because he has no advocates in the media.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Saying a woman can't win isn't necessarily being sexist depending on the context. It could be saying that he doesn't believe the electorate in certain needed states won't vote for a woman, or half a dozen other things.

Warren didn't address it other than to say she disagrees with the idea and then pointed out examples of women winning campaigns and not losing.

The two of them didn't make a big deal about it during the debate. I believe the only reason the media is making a big deal is that there just isn't much drama in these primaries, especially when compared to the other things in the news that have to do with Trump. Trump's blunders are always sensational and full of drama.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

Warren didn't come out on the debate stage and dismiss all the national media accusations calling Bernie a mysoginist. She didn't provide context of a private conversation her staff leaked.

It's obvious that her staff used this as a ploy to invoked the woman card here at the expense of the national media painting Bernie as a mysoginist.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well said.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I’m about as far from a Bernie bro as you can get, but: b**** move by Liz campaign, and stupid click baiting from CNN.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I agree her staff did do this as a ploy. She didn't provide context, because it appeared she wanted to control the angle of the issue to being women's ability to win and contrast it with the races lost by the men on the stage.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

At the expense of the national media calling someone she labeled a close friend a mysoginist.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Agreed. She let the national media do her dirty work for her in the hopes that it would help her campaign.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

The ploy is so obvious it's going to backfire on her. She's going to lose ground after this fiasco.

19. dmoneybangbang

Elaborate what? Didn’t I just say I’m tired of this behavior?

Im especially tired of the self righteous, victimhood, this is the cult of Bernie Bros. Sanders is so overrated that I’m sick of hearing about him.

jiggyfly and TheFreak like this.
  20. fchowd0311

Good for you. I particularly believe that many of Bernie's proposals are not realistic. But I do know at the end of the day that Bernie by far the most principled candidate in the field.