1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/14/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In the regular season given the specific system Harden has the advantage of playing where he has a 40% usage rate? Sure his numbers are more prolific but given the context I wouldn't say he's the best overall player of the past 6 years.

Crashlanded19 and BasketMAD like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

no idea how a bench consisting of rondo, caruso, kcp, kuzma, dwight is counted as 0 depth.

Nook likes this.
  3. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Laker fans hate Kcp and Rondo. Their lukewarm on Bradley as well as inconsistent Danny Green. Their role players aren’t much better than ours. Smh

4. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

They Lakers number drops significantly as soon as Bron hit the bench what are you talking about? They’re trying to trade Kuzma for a more consistent players as well speak, and Lakers fans can’t wait to get rid of Rondo. Look at their numbers when he’s on the court.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

and the rockets dont? of course your numbers drop when your best player goes to the bench. there's a reason why theyre considered your best player.

so what if theyre trying to trade him. look at the guys cf's want to get rid of every other game. that means nothing

6. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

So why are Lakers fans so ready to get rid of the players you named? Instead averaging 40 how about Harden focus on getting 10+ a game? That’s the different between him and Bron, he gets those role players involved early.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

i couldnt care less what lakers fans are ready to do. just like how i couldn't careless what a lot of cf's wants to do. i just know their depth is clearly better than houston's

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

major false accusations here. Where are you getting this information from?

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm ready to get rid of our bench too but nobody wants House

Greedydex likes this.
  10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It obviously is. They can't comfortably be top of the west if the whole teamed weren't getting involved. And please don't say it's because Lebron is carrying every single game. He's getting plenty of help from his teammates. Harden isn't getting the help Lebron is.

11. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

This teams needs a ....dare I say it......Trevor Ariza type veteran.
    I don't trust House at all....

BasketMAD, Greedydex and J Sizzle like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

lebron is having a great year. but the lakers depth is definitely helping. definitely alot more than that was anticipated as evident in this thread. I'll be the first to say I didnt think Dwight would make it through the year. and plenty of other guys are just finding ways to fill their respective roles

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

I mean I’m not surprised when we lose when Westbrook doesn’t play. He’s a very important part of what we do. So, I’m not going to get too alarmed when we lose the game. It’s just frustrating that he can’t play back to back.

14. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

The Grizzlies played beautiful TEAM-ball while the Rockets played as individuals tonight.

Bearded13 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  15. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

I just know you're a liar!
    Lakers Rockets
    Kuzma < Gordon
    Rondo< Rivers at this point in their career
    Kcp< House
    Dwight> Harty

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

too bad this isn't a 1 on 1 game.

lakers bench fill their roles much better than houston and btw kcp is much better than house

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Didnt see the game, but losing to the Griz? Really?

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They have roles besides standing on one spot of the floor watching one guy dribble the air out of the ball on one spot on the court.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Officially worried about House. It feels like maybe he’s checked out. His body language and attitude has looked bad for a while now, and tonight off the bench he busts out with a team worst -23 effort. Damn!

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Why are you surprised?

The Rockets have no coach and don’t give effort defensively for more than half the game.

CapelaOnlyFan and Bearded13 like this.