1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/14/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2020.

1. what

what Member

The grizzlies are the future league darlings. I don't know myself how it happened so faster, but this team is hard to stop.

2. PWR

PWR Member

I don't know, man. It's ridiculous at this point.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bingo.

Said it before, but because he does this there are so many times where he passes it to another guy and because they have just been standing there it just turns into another iso situation because the defense is also just standing near them or within closing range.

Except no one can iso like harden so people think all our role players suck.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta stay sane somehow...thankfully the Rockets aren’t in Texans territory, but I certainly won’t deny that I try to stay optimistic. I think this iteration of the Rockets still deserves it.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

What? you are expecting Matt Bullard to hit a trash can from the sideline to tip off the back door plays that Harden will forget to cover?

BigShasta likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Your only here when we play bad, and you are here to bash Harden and our system. Its never anything constructive, its just dumb.

#846 HP3, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup. It's almost as if double teaming Harden doesn't create that many open looks because as soon as Harden passes out, he stands at the same spot near the half court line where the defender that was helping on Harden can quickly go back to his defensive assignment.

8. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

I’m going to be honest, I would really enjoy not having to go thru both LA teams to win a title.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I want to blame Harden for everything then I remembered if he doesnt do his dribble routine we rely on House, McLemore and Tucker to make plays.

Just absolutely horrifying. I want to erase this entire roster and start over.

Our players are old or trash, like House doesn't even look like a G league player anymore, McLemore cannot do anything but streak 3s. Tucker is just a human meat ball at this point.

Can we just play IHart, he's like the only one that plays with energy at leasy

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

look at this dude... smh.. I haven't seen @what in months!

Roomba, PWR and Rocket River like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

agreed
    The only hope is playing the whole playoffs

Rocket RIver

12. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

@Gorilladunks House sucks! You going off on me cause I said that, How you looking now?

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

OR . mda could not place such a high priority on seeding , and instead rest james and PJ every now and then. Sure , we probably won't be great without james ... but weve already seen that sitatuion once this year where we stuck around for 3q, frankly anything can happen.

The trend that worries me is that we are playing our main guys super high minutes , and having guys like PJ and Clint play their way through injury. It just doesnt make sense. Hartenstien is not so bad that he cant be played. His 3 minutes tonight did not lose us the game .. there were a dozen other factors.

Im apathetic at this point because theres no reason to expect MDA to have a change in his decision making process. Hes absolutely convinced hes right and hopefully the rest of the NBA is wrong. He will always play small and cut the rotation if we are behind. Only way for guys to get minutes and for us to run a semblance of a rotation is we have to blow people out.

Every other coach in the league has figured out a system where they can run 8/9 players, consistent minutes. This is even if there are injuries , the team's will have other players step up and fill a new niche or at least try to . It takes us being perfectly healthy for MDA to even consider 8. We essentially ran 7 tonight on the first leg of a b2b. Does mda not think about " maybe tomorrow eric will be out? , hmmm clint has been nursing a heel, maybe he wont be able to go tomorrow? , Pj took a big hit last game and ive been playing him alot , maybe i shouldn't play him 40 min tonight? "

it feels like he doesnt. I could have done what MDA did tonight and i could have predicted it 24 hours ago.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The year they almost beat the Warriors they were the number one seed with 65 wins. They did not lose these types of games “all the time”.

That was also the year they were legit title contenders. Unlike this year or last.

BaselineFade and Rocket River like this.
  15. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Refs were trash. All of a sudden they decide to call it close at the start of the 4th. Changing the tone of the whistle blows my mind. The game itself should be the only thing that has an ebb and flow - the refs' whistles should not. On the other end, Harden got nothing on his drives.

One thing that bugs me about our system is that his game is limited to 1on1 counters and has no variance. The 3s, FTs, and layups game needs to be done with in Houston. It's too gimmicky for how good he is. He's so good that he should be the only exception to the midrange game. He's being limited.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They don't have to "make plays". These past few seasons we are so used to seeing a player.obly be able to score on iso dribbling exhibitions. Watch other teams and how their scrubs get buckets.

They don't just stand on one spot of the floor majority of the time.

17. pippsux

pippsux Member

I want dantoni gone, pls pls pls fire him
    I want him gone

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It would be preferable but if that's what you gotta do, you gotta do it. It would be extremely satisfying too.

HP3 likes this.
  19. what

what Member

Lol.
    Im amazed at how good the grizzlies are myself.

20. realonemo

realonemo Member

I honestly don't want to watch another game of this team. Dantoni has to go. Look at every game Russ has sat. Harden literally has to shoot 40 times for this team to be in the game. They not winning sh*t. No way. F#ck DAntoni !!!