1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 1/9/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2020.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

here's me asking for more info, and you just assume "that's the side you're on".

do you ever ****ing stay on topic, or do you just point fingers to dismiss a great point of discussion?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's me again saying quite frankly I don't need to keep repeating my thoughts

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

In retrospect, this was only one game. I'm pretty sure the players had a little talk amongst each other for a little pick me up.

As has been said, Morey needs to improve the bench with players that are playable. On paper, Tabo, Chandler, looked like a good get, but they are done. Absent improvement, this team will beat some top teams whenever it gets going on any particular game, but the overall talent us not there to consistently overwhelm teams.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  4. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I understand where you're coming from, but what you've described here is not intentionally throwing the game. That would have been an insult to Russ.

Stephen_A likes this.
  5. s3ts

s3ts Member

here's the most descriptive CP comment i can find from you, because apparently you think i'm a shitty poster so you won't "repeat yourself" like a nice person would.

the best i can get out of that is you think he was worth keeping over Westbrook.

i never liked Westbrook, made fun of him and OKC all the time... had to try hard to like this guy once he landed in Houston, and it's still not easy.

so... while i can sympathize that the trade sucked ... CP kinda is the reason we ended up w/ Westbrook... we can't just forget his sub-par performance once he came back from the big payday. he turned into an albatross contract, and in turn, brought us another albatross contract.

PG leaving was the nail in the coffin. and PG was going to leave anyway. the only way PG leaving wouldn't have led to a CP trade for Westbrook? CP taking less money in the first place. that's the way i see it.

yes, it would've been great to see Harden + CP working out this season... but it seems pretty clear to me that CP is basically the same as last season. so far, it hasn't been a bad experiment to see Westbrook next to Harden. there is a big upside there still.

my deal is -- this guy CP is a solid player, and he can argue he's good for around 25 mil. i don't challenge his skill, i challenge his prioritization of money over winning, because he's never going to end up on a contending roster with that contract.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i can surely forget it just like how we can forget harden has bad playoff stretches also. so does capela. or how the rockets relied on 7 players in the playoffs. i've never been a fan of inefficient lower iq players. overall fit has been a big priority for me. its not just a wb thing. I've said the same thing about the likes of mcw, j smith, melo, etc who have put on a rockets jersey. I'm not all of a sudden going to flip that.

#1466 YOLO, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Harden has bad stretches and bad games. and people bring that discussion up in the forum like you just did like thousands of times. the only problem i have with this is people who keep saying we need to trade Harden. otherwise, a valid critique is a valid critique.

i actually like CP, but he should've done something about this NBPA president thing so he can finally chase a chip instead of being stuck on a shitty team like he is now.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

however, the rockets don't give up on the likes of guys like capela, harden, eg etc. so here we are. at the end of the day I still prefer cp3 as the original post you quoted states

BasketMAD likes this.
  9. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Unfortunately, he still really cares about the MVP award as do a lot of Rockets fans for whatever reason. Most other NBA fans want their team to win a championship, period.

10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

No, it doesn't. Where did I say that?

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Who do you think the defense was focused on, that gives these guys there opportunities??? And btw Harden's TS was higher for that series than Paul on way more points. That wasnt Harden's best series but his the number one reason we had a 65 season and took the Warriors to 7.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

PJ - 3 pts 2 asst 6 reb
    House - 3 pts 2 rebs
    Capela - 8 pts - 11 rebs 1 asst 1 blk
    IHart - 2 pts 1 stl 2 asst 4 reb
    Bmac - 8 pts 1 asst 4 reb
    --------------------------------------
    Front Court - 24 pts 6 asst 27 rebs 1 stl 1 blk

Meanwhile
    Gallinari - 23 pts 1 stl 4 asst 11 rebs
    Adams - 15 pts 1 stl 3 asst 8 reb
    Ferguson - 6 pts 2 blks 2 asst 1 reb
    Muscala - 4 pts 1 asst 8 reb
    Bazley - 0 pts 1 stl 2 reb
    Nader - 2 pts 3 asst 1 reb
    ---------------------------
    Front Court 50 pts 11 asst 31 rebs 3 stls 2 blks

There is your ball game right here

Rocket River

Mazulis, D-rock and ak99999 like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Ok I see where the confusion is. But when I say throw I mean their minds weren’t focused on winning. I don’t think so. It certainly didn’t look like it. They were affected psychologically and weren’t into the game. This is the worse game I’ve seen them play in 3 years.

hakeem94 and BeBreezy like this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

not to say the Rockets organization did itself any favors... ... not even sure why you're bringing that up.

wait, are you saying you wanted to see Capela Harden and EG traded away to keep CP happy?

either way, it doesn't work to CP's advantage as a competitor to sign a gigantic contract when he's chasing rings and he's clearly past his prime. ultimately it's his own undoing. i'd like to see CP get a ring, but he just won't let himself be in a position to compete for one.

15. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Stop it with all the bullshit excuses. ****ing pathetic. It is what is is.

They need to start playing for one another as a TEAM on both ends of the floor. First and foremost.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

The money makes no difference. Unless you expected him to play for free, the rockets would be operating over the cap regardless. That’s been mentioned over and over. So no it isn’t his undoing. The ones obsessed with counting another man’s pockets are making themselves believe what they want to believe

#1476 YOLO, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Again, you bring up the cap, not me. If you become an albatross contract, it's hard to chase a chip. CP ending up on a rebuilding OKC team is an example of that.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

uh you're bringing up cp3's money. not me. if you don't want to hear about cap, then don't talk about his money to begin with

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

First off, I never mentioned the Rockets cap here. You did. Purely on only where CP goes in his career, the fact that his contract is an albatross contract is problematic for him to chase rings. How is that complicated?

Tell me a championship team that had an albatross contract. What chance does CP have in the next 2 years to end up on a contending roster?

His best chance is a buyout on the player option, the year he turns 36.

This is insanity that you sidetrack the conversation. His future looks like **** because his contract is ****. It's pretty obvious. Has nothing at all to do with the rockets.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don’t mention money if you’re not worried about cap. That simple. /discussion