1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Dystopia: SF in decline

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jan 8, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Cuz weed is legal there and it's not in Bayton, eh?

If we could all get along we could live in a perfect Utopia or a Chill Bayton. I like it.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

FoxNews also yesterday had an entire TWO segments about how the Liberals are declaring WAR ON.... wait for it.... DOLLAR STORES!!!

Seriously op... why would you believe a damn thing coming from Trump tv? Especially when you admit you’ve never been there. You are smarter than that.

I go to San Fran at least 3 times a year. Seattle too. It’s fine. Yes downtown has a lot of homeless people. So does Austin. It’s slightly worse but it’s a freaking awesome city just like Austin. Some of the best restaurants and nightlife in the world. It’s clean and I never felt unsafe. One time my wife left her cell in a bathroom stall, and a Homeless lady found it after and took it. After about 45 minutes the lady texted me and said she’s sorry for taking it, and met me to give it back.

It’s not that bad guys. Yes a ton of homeless people but the city seems to function fine at least downtown.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I would say Mississippi is what comes to mind for the term American dystopia.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dropping a deuce on the sidewalk in broad daylight, now that’s freedom.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that or the D&D

I kid, I kid

B-Bob and mick fry like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well he's outnumbered by the many conservative funders involved in local politics around the nation

Koch for one. It has been par for the course for some time.

7. dobro1229

East Texas is nothing to gloss over either.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I respect that you don't come here trolling and try to give an honest opinion from your perspective.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Watch your mouth!

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be willing to bet you could walk around in SF for weeks and not see that once.

11. dobro1229

Haha. I personally love it. Some really nice lakes out there. Big beautiful trees. What’s not to love.... until you drive around and see the endless trailers with every car they ever owned parked in the front yard.

Confession: still looking at getting a lake house out there. I love to fish and it’s a great place to realize that dream without breaking the bank.

But yeah poverty out there is a really big deal nobody in Texas talks about while they b**** and San Fran and NYC which they’ve never been to.

B@ffled and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As noted previously!

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Baltimore, Chicago, Flint, SF - liberal paradises!

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The reason I singled out Mississippi is because as whole state it’s the poorest / has highest level of poverty. There are certainly many other poor states, and many many other poor areas within states.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The “no cash bail” thing? Or DAs not prosecuting obvious crimes?

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jasper, Vidor, Onalaska... Proud Boy Pride behind the Pine Curtain!

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Faux News has a hard on for SF, Chicago, and Baltimore for political reasons. They don't give a **** about the people that live there.

superfob, nacho bidness and Deckard like this.
  18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Either or both. Really, curious about your perspective on the movement coming from the left. I understand about some minor drug offenses or victimless small crimes. The jails and prisons are over populated and the cycle is vicious. From what I understand, here locally, law enforcement is upset by these policies (Houston). I understand you probably have to be careful or generic in any response, given your position.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A good example of why you’re crazy to pay serious attention to Fox News. That’s a cheap hit piece. An inaccurate load of crap pumped out to take a shot at “liberal” California. We’ve been to San Francisco several times and love it. As B-Bob said, they’ve had a homeless problem for a good stretch now, but they are far from the only city with the same issue.

Texas has some of that as well, but our cities tend to be spread out, so the homeless tend to be spread out. Ever spend some time strolling along the Pierce Elevated? Try it sometime. San Francisco is a very compact, wealthy city with a climate that’s moderate all year round. It attracts the homeless. So does Houston. We have some in Austin. So does Dallas. So what?

joshuaao and ThatBoyNick like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Haven't watched the video. The turds on the streets were an issue when I was around. So was the apathy for homeless.

I used to consider SF as tech Everest but it's more an iceberg...a good chunk is struggling underwater.