1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryen Russillo]There are people around the league who believe that Westbrook is available for trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 26, 2019.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Okay then think of the return Harden would net with everything you stated plus being locked in on a contract. Something worth having isn’t it? Rockets could get a king’s ransom... Herschel Walker made the Cowboys championships for a generation AND ownership doesn’t want to spend money to get to the next step and the assets we do have only go down from here. Then off season should be active. Sell high

#201 fattz, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

has to have? Luka Donkey doesn’t? Kobe doesn’t? Jordan doesn’t? All these great scorers don’t dominate the ball? Please.

Patience and Elephant810 like this.
  3. deshen

deshen Member

EG 3pt% career 37.2, House @38.5 andMclemore @35.4
    EG had 3PT% below his career average in each of the last 3 seasons,
    What can you conclude from those stats? I hope it is not that EG was injured in each of last 3 seasons.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Sell high when there is absolutely no chance of winning a championship with the guy. If we're trading James Harden I expect a Zion Williamson and their number one pick for next year in return.

fattz and deshen like this.
  5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Jordan won, because he changed his style of play..

Thanks to Phil.. before that he was like Wilkins an ESPN highlight film... Kobe won his the majority of his rings playing teamball... But please dont compare Harden to Kobe... Harden will never have the heart Kobe had and will NEVER be on the same DEFENSIVE level as Kobe...

So read my earlier post when I talked about Jordan, Wilt, Hakeem and Dantley... How Jordan, Hakeem and Wilt changed and they won a championship and how Dantley didn't and he never did.. neither did Wilkins and others who tried to play 1 against five didn't..

The GARM will be blowing up again this summer and blaming every player and coach except for Harden on why they lost... Then they will get rid of another star and blame him for not helping Harden...

T_Man

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where were you guys when we were 6-1 with Westbrook and he was playing at MVP level efficiency, demolishing Harden double teams at the rim?

With the right time supporting cast, we can absolutely win a title with Westbrook.

The same naysayers of today would have said the same thing about our 94 squad, that made everyone want to pull their hair out. We never held leads and we always played lazy.

Patience, Richie_Rich, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

and that abusive spouse can be the best husband if he beats his wife none of the time as opposed to just sometimes

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Choke-city was our nickname for a reason. All kinds of flaws on our championship teams, similar to this team. If we find our Elie/Horry/Maxwell/SamIAM roleplayers, we are winning a title.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Welcome to darkness for the next few years afterwards. That is one of many types of returns Harden can / will yield. Maybe even more, but the far future is very bright with a trade of his caliber.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Disagree. Harden is not Dantley lol. To day this is to minimize harden’s accomplishments. My point is ball dominant players play that way for a reason. Their coaches put them in these positions to exploit their skill sets. Kobe, MJ etc have always been ball dominant. Harden is no different. And the argument of harden being one dimensional is tenuous. Harden has been one of the league leaders in steals past several years. Great post defender. Consistently distributes the ball. But the casual observer and folks who don’t understand or see these things cast him off as one dimensional. Simply false. And Kobe changed his game? Really? Look at his FG pet game stats and tell me if he changed his game lol.

napalm06 likes this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah!! A positive post! Something rare on this site. Keep doing what you’re doing Pimp!

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

See you in the offseason...

Same Rocket
    I'm sorry... didn't know you were a coach or an nba scout...

But never the less... see you in the offseason singing the same ole song and excuses for Harden.

T_Man

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This abject nonsense. All of it.

Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And you have your opinions does that make you a scout? Again weak illogical argument. Peace dude.

D-rock likes this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

That would take a miracle to get four players like that on rookie or minimum contracts.

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Might already have a couple of them with Tucker and Clint... Perhaps Rivers too... Hell, Westbrook might be one when Harden goes playoff Hakeem.

17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

This guy take 30shots a game .wtf

18. sheb

sheb Member

Did you watch harden go straight to the locker room after the game without speaking to any teammate or opposing team member ...
    He went straight to Westbrook

he is not being traded

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I despised Russ before he became a Rocket and still have massive reservations but whenever Harden is doubled in the backcourt are there really any other options? You want to post up Hartenstein or something?

20. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Dude, you are talking about two players that...ya know what. I'm not wasting my time going back and forth on this. I'll take EG the former 6th man of the year, 3 point champ and the guy who has hit plenty of clutch shots over Ben and House. I trust him more. And I'm willing to bet he would have hit more of those open 3s tonight that they could not hit.