1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 10, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the head coach is supposed to get his team mentally prepared and motivated before the game and during halftime. pringles failed miserably

the head coach is supposed to manage the rotation to maximize bench play and minimize the starters' minutes. pringles has failed miserably his entire tenure here

the head coach is supposed to make in-game adjustments, such as being able to solve a simple double team trap. pringles has failed miserably his entire tenure here

this team will never win a chip with pringles AND cheapass tilman. only one of these fools can be removed at this time...

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

MDA and Tilman are a bad fit?

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you and CF are a bad fit...

tinman likes this.
  4. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Mike D’Antoni offensive system: Take the best player on the court outta the play.

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is a game why Tillman didn't give D'Antoni an extension. I will never forget him putting Harden on the map, but at the same time getting smoked by a Warriors team with 2 NBA players and a bunch of NBA castoffs. Is Damon Lee an All-Star?!?!? A SG with 22 Pts and 15 REBOUNDS?!?!?!?! He averages rebounds a game. Season not over yet :)

amaru likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

MDA is so bad that teams now know that they can just double at half court and are completely comfortable with a 4 on 3 half court situation. They WANT the disadvantage.

Genuinely incredible.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Out coached

Gakatron and PeterKingX like this.
  8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The Rockets have offensive schemes that seem amateur or typical of a High School team.

J Sizzle and amaru like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Was truly, honestly hoping for a Christmas Miracle and coming here after watching the game on replay to see a thread about D'Antoni being fired.

What an absolutely disgusting performance.

Already knew what was about to happen so fast forwarded as soon as Draymond hit his 3 with 6 minutes left to see the final score. I knew there was exactly 0% chance I'd see the Rockets up on the scoreboard.

How can you watch... for literally every single minute Harden was on the game... the Warriors playing 3 VS 4 in the halfcourt as they had two defenders waiting at the halfway line for James... And not once add a wrinkle into the offense to get an easy bucket and abuse that defensive scheme and make Kerr adjust.

If anyone, ever, ever again says D'Antoni is an 'offensive genius' I will automatically assume you know nothing about basketball.

Offensive genius my absolute ass.

Why. Why. Why. Why. WHY. For the life of me do we have players who put in all the effort to penetrate and get to the key to then have it instilled in them they must not look for a shot but instead kick it out to the perimeter for a 3. HOW. MANY. SEASONS. DO. WE. NEED. TO. SEE. THAT. THIS. DOES. NOT. ALWAYS. MAKE. WINNING. BASKETBALL.

Meanwhile the Warriors just utterly embarrassed us IN THE PAINT.

Coincidence? Heck. It'll be too much common sense for this organisation to realise that.

Honestly D'Antoni, you're at best, just as f*cking bad as McHale at Xs and Os. I said this years ago. I'll say it again. I'm sure i'll cop less flak for it this time around.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

We're really going to go this whole season and not figure out how to take advantage of a 4 on 3 situation aren't we?

Why not post up Harden and go smallball? If he gets doubled, someone is open for 3.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Look what Kerr did after 2 minutes of the 4th quarter. Their team were missing shots and as soon as we make our first 2 points, he calls a timeout. MDA would never have did that.

We may get top 4 this season, but we ain't making past the 2nd round if he's still here. If we do actually get to the finals, it'll be because of Harden and not him.

SandboxRocket, Gray_Jay and J Sizzle like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Games like today show you coaching is valuable and they show you how far away we are in that aspect.

PeterKingX and Downtown Sniper like this.
  13. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Yeah. I'm thinking WTF is Harden doing out of the action? Is this on purpose? I still don't know.

GotGame15 likes this.
  14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Because we don't have consistent 3pt shooters. Harden got them open all night but they were bricking easy wide open shots. It won't be any different even if Harden goes to the post. In fact, it'll be even harder if they start doubling Harden from the half court.

BaselineFade, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly I hate arm chair coaches.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is clear they ride out his contract.

If he makes the Finals, they might even give him a year or two more.

If not, a new coach.

MDA and agent want a couple millions more.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Boy are you in the wrong place

BaselineFade, GotGame15 and HP3 like this.
  18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

he won't bring us a championship, period.

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ok. I’ll bite.

What does MDA do that impresses you as a coach? What area does he improve the team in?

HP3 likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

D’Antoni is useless. Why we still keep him.

Anybody can coach this team like MDA. Just ISO Harden and Russ, no timeout adjustments. Simple.