1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Militias are being Formed in Virginia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

Wait...really now?

Deckard, Andre0087 and KingCheetah like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Them Mexican Cartels are afraid of all those Trump supporters with their gruns.

nacho bidness likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think minorities in this country should learn how to use automatic weapons and begin military training wherever they can. There is a real risk that the right tries to take totalitarian power and it's time to start preparation for a civil war. So for once, I am in agreement - it's time to loosen gun laws and for people to start arming for themselves in preparation for what's to come potentially.

nacho bidness likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Clearly you never saw red dawn

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"90% of Virginia’s Counties Are Gun Sanctuaries":

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/12/90-of-virginias-counties-are-gun-sanctuaries.php

excerpt:

Just as the Democrats’ immigration “sanctuaries” do not provide legal protection against federal immigration law. As a practical matter, though, it is difficult to enforce laws when a local government’s law enforcement agencies are not just disengaged, but hostile.

The Democrats have died on this hill more than once before. It seems obvious that, to stick with the case at hand, their riling up Virginia’s gun owners will hurt them politically and will serve no tangible goal. So why do they do it?

Maybe they are true believers. Maybe they honestly think that if we add two or three more gun regulations to the thousands that already exist, violence will magically wither away, despite all evidence to the contrary. But despite my low opinion of liberals, I don’t think they are that dumb. I think, rather, that most of them hate the sort of people who own firearms, and simply want to harass and delegitimize them. I don’t think there is any more noble objective in view, which is why the gun sanctuary movement has taken off with lightning speed.​

7. Nook

Nook Member

More small penis games.

Whatever, if they want to meet in some weird paranoid uneducated Walmart employees basement and plan out training for exercises while cursing Mexicans and white city women.... have at it. Just don’t print money, stockpile guns or rape children because the government doesn’t take kindly to that.

Hell they can even train on my farm and acres in Ohio as long as they clean up their piss bottles and Little Debbie wrappers.

8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You sincerely believe the US hasn’t been invaded because opponents are afraid of Average Joe’s weapon stash in his basement? And not the US military?

Deckard, R0ckets03 and Andre0087 like this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Come on have you not heard of Red Dawn

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think the first reason is our nukes. But then the military and lastly the well armed population. As far as invasion targets go, the US is at the bottom of the list for these three reasons.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Actually, regardless of your interpretation of regulation, the next line covers the base of arming the population:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Because people were allowed to own military grade weapons at the time of its writing and essentially were the militia at the time (not the national guard btw), one can definitely conclude that military grade weapons like assault rifles are what this is speaking of in a modern context. Specifically this is about the small arms people own that can be used by the people in a variety of ways when needed. This is also specifically discussing the militia, as a potential force. Not a standing force. A militia means irregulars. That's all. And at the time that's you and me. Anyone really who can be armed in a time of need.

And I don't want to hear anything about the modern weapon being too heavy. People back then used to be able to cannons and blow things up on a regular basis. If you really don't like people being armed, then move to the UK or some other nanny state.

#51 dachuda86, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    cml750 and Corrosion like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm a CHL holder …. do you consider that unaccountable individuals ?

Really , those "gun nuts" aren't any part of the problem. They aren't the group of people who are shooting fellow Americans.

The problem is a very miniscule percentage of the population who use their weapons against society.

The biggest roadblock in solving gun violence is we cant pick the next mass shooter out of the crowd before they have done harm. We can only react like any other crime , but with gun violence , they more often than not end in death.

Gun safety courses don't solve a thing in terms of gun violence. Its just an excuse to say "we did something" when really nothing has changed other than adding another hoop for the people who follow the rules.

We have already agreed to a minimum standard for gun ownership - be a Citizen 18 or older for a long gun , 21 and over for a handgun and Not be a felon or domestic abuser.

If you really want to solve this issue , you start with mental health and end with making it more difficult for felons to own / possess a weapon and leave the law abiding citizen alone. Crazy people and felons - that's the miniscule percentage of individuals who are the problem.

#52 Corrosion, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cannons are still legal fyi. How awesome is that?

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I never got why they dug up so many foxholes until now.

Kim, cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, Good one, this made me laugh!! :D

B-Bob likes this.
  16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Is geography completely irrelevant in your universe?

Deckard, jiggyfly, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...not if you know how flat the earth is.:):D

R0ckets03 and Nook like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not at all. But less important than a heavily armed population. Esp veterans. This creates high amounts of casualties and attrition. Geography is definitely important though.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Or hollow... like your cranium.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would be a shame if these idiots get themselves killed.