1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giants waive CB Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

pathetic.., they have a 50 yr old CB, seriously. The saints are one of the best teams in the league and still put a claim on him.,, i just dont get it..

REEKO_HTOWN and red5rocket like this.
  4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

So the Texans must not have put in a claim. They would have had a higher priority than the Saints.

#44 Agent94, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    red5rocket and Gray_Jay like this.
  5. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

they didnt., because of course they think Jonathan Joseph is still an elite CB

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Jenkins to the Saints. Never trust Storm. Liar.

Fulgore likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This just shows how inept our front office is. Unreal. I guess they enjoy watching JJ get torched every week

Gray_Jay likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That means 28 other teams didn't claim him. Texans have added 2 CB during the season this year. Jenkins is due to make 11.25 million in 2020. He is not that CB anymore.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

REALLY? They added Hargreaves and Conley thru waivers and trade during the season. Jenkins is a NAME....he is not the elite CB he used to be.
    He is due to make $11.25 million next season. He is not worth that.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wtf. How did we not get him. That’s the difference between a GREAT organization like the Saints and a mediocre one like the Texans.

sean Payton >>>> bill obrien

King1 likes this.
  11. King1

I was pleased with the Hargreaves and Conley additions. They have far exceeded expectations. That doesn't change the fact that JJ is still getting tons of snaps when he doesn't belong on the field. I never said that he was elite still but he's more than just a name. He could have helped our secondary and there is no denying that. Saints seem to recognize that he still has talent

Let's not forget that Conley and Hargeaves left garbage franchises similar to what the Giants are. Don't be shocked when Jenkins makes a difference for them.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

We know your opinions are BOOTY. Jenkins was just ok now. Y'all b**** about cap spending. He was not worth $11.25 million next year.

So, the Chiefs, Steelers, Bills, Vikings, Seahawks, Cowboys, Rams, Titans (who have injuries in the secondary), Patriots all passed on him. I guess their organizations suck too?

14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I would have loved to have him for a game or so to see if he could do something but I thought it would be a long shot given the comments he made and how that word isn't just a PC violation to Texans coach/GM but affect him personally.

That said, I am not sure how comfortable I would have been playing him in a playoff game less than 3 weeks after he joined the team given that he is currently only the 42nd rated DB.

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Agree with your points on JJ and cover corners. I like the idea of Jenkins here; again, provided he can actually play.

EDIT, and I see the Saints got him. Which is weird: didn't the Texans have a higher waiver priority than New Orleans? Which means the Texans deliberately passed on him. I guess we're good with JJo. LOL. This f*#king team...

They do need a pass rusher, desperately. I guess Mercilus isn't going to be that guy in RAC's defense. If they can't pressure Tannehill, I don't have faith they can pressure a more elusive QB. Also surprised that Suggs is going to the Chiefs, though it's not up to him where he goes.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

none of those teams has a glaring weakness at CB. Name one of those teams that is STARTING an old ass CB like Joseph. Titans when healthy like their guys.

17. King1

Would you rather watch JJ? Hargreaves was called lazy with an attitude problem and Conley a bust. They came in and helped immediately. We should have rolled the dice.

coachbadlee and Gray_Jay like this.
  18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The only reason the Texans would have nabbed Jenkins was if they were prepared to let Roby walk. I am ok with the team spending to keep Roby. Their secondary is in better shape than it was at the start of the year. The Texans most glaring need is the pass rush.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Titans have 2-3 CBs out and the Chiefs CBs are not all that great.

The Texans have Roby, Johnson, Conley, Hargreaves as CBs beside Joseph. All are playing.

20. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

This. It's an area of immediate need---given Joseph still gets significant snaps---the Texans are 'all in' on this year, and they pass on someone who, if healthy, starts now? LOL also at being worried about an 11.5 cap hit next year, the way this team throws around money.

I don't understand what the people running this team are trying to do

King1 likes this.