1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/3/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

HE IS .

We got Boned that game no doubt.

But what was out response to getting shafted.... just continue to take it like a little b****.

0-27. How do you not draw up a play to get gordon or james or green a midrange jumper to try and see if they can find the range. Rick adelman used to do this for Kevin ****ing Martin. Even Mchale would draw up a play to get harden the ball off the catch going to the rack. MDA is the only guy who would sit idly by and think , " in the long run it will even out"

That game was a travesty but Game 1 last year was even worse. We were getting ****ED by them fouling james on the closeout. But, this was only during the first half. What did we do the second half ? our grand plan was for James and Chris to flop to try to draw fould ? Thats what they did. I love those guys , but that was the worst possible response to getting screwed in the first half.

Never once in all of this getting ****ed did MDA ever put in nene and say to the refs " call the game the right way or we will show you what a real foul looks like."

We chose to be victims that game. ( not game 7) ( game 7 we chose to be prisoners of live by 3 die by 3) I say that if its game 7 , you do everything in your power to not die.

MDA has no poise, no alternative strategies, no fire. He can yell all he wants, but i believe its just bluster. You cant yell at your guys to play harder when they are gassed from playing heavy minutes. You can't demand perfection from bench players when they get inconsistent minutes and you run notoriously light practices.

I'll be the first to eat crow if MDA leads us to a title. Or finds a great scheme to utilize WB and Harden together. Or finds a way to win games without having to resort playing james or PJ at the slightest hint of our lead dwindling. But MDA isnt gonna change at this point. Hes old, hes stubborn, he's feckless.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's the main reason why I think Harden and Russ should run together always and let the second team play with Austin as the PG. When everyone was out the bench was good and played like a real bench.

I agree Russ needs cutters because he is always collapsing the defense if he drives.

Once again it's MDA that doesn't empower player his young players.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Couldn't tune in tonight, but heard 22-point lead... late 3rd.... smh

4. HP3

HP3 Member

OH enough, Toronto has an abundance of a talent on their squad. Mike is going by the numbers(Morey's numbers) and what works, his Suns teams had a bunch of movement they could run. Kerr took MIKE's plays. We dont have the personnel to run what Toronto runs. God, nobody understands that.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should PM Morey

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Westbrook shot like crap this game and was a contributing factor for the loss. The bench also played like crap and contributed to the loss.

The refs played like crap but it probably evened out.

I would have liked to see Hartenstien get PT in this game over Clark. Hartenstien’s size would have been a plus against purtle.

The rockets need to figure out how to close out games. Not having House and Gordon isn’t a reason for blowing a 15 point 4th quarter lead.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cmon man all teams get missed calls its part of the game. Unless you got proof every single call for the other team got called then pls show us.

Whining about calls wont change anything if you think calls are the sole reason the Rox keep losing then why you even watch the games?

What is even the point of rigging games vs the Rockets? Spurs arent a glamor team they are mediocre and have less star power than the Rox. Spurs arent even on track to make the playoffs why would NBA rig games against the Rockets when they have the bigger name? In fact Rox have 2 MVPs Spurs have a Raptors reject and an old ass LMA.

But yeah ok, Rockets are the most pathetic franchis in your eyes NBA sees them as an eyesore and want them to lose every game. Thats why even if the opponent sucks they are still gonna rig the results. Wtf dude.

CapelaOnlyFan and bmelo like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

n im trying 5o tell yall. this is the reserse roxkets team..

again we have like the number one starting line up.

our head coach in th3 playoff like yo only play lile 6 guys in the playoffs.

so in Theory this should be our best playoff team.

iant that what we wanted?

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Why couldn't we have gotten PG instead of Westbrook.

**** these LA teams getting stars after stars just for existing in LA.

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yes this season is really on mda. its enough talent. he has to use the weapons right

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

In a double-OT game, our bench had one 12+ minute player

MrSabotage and DreamShook like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

Also long as harden has absolutely no threat from the mid range these charge calls in the 4th are gonna always be there.

Teams have seen enough of harden to know when he crosses that 3 point line, hes going straight to the rim 99% of the time.

I did like how dantoni tried to get harden his initial touch BELOW the 3 point line (which he drew a foul on a mid range jumper) but he goes away from that all the time.

Watching this makes me sad at how much dantoni has ruined the versatility in harden's game .

durvasa likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so this was on MDA? got it

fckbandwagons likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We don’t have a coach

Houstunna likes this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I said this earlier on in the season that it wouldn't surprise me if all the teams start double teaming Harden from the off and leaving Westbrook the open 3pt shot and just start packing the lane. It would be quite smart and would shut our offense right down.

Now with House and Gordon out there, they cannot leave those guys open. When Gordon is back, I wouldn't mind us having Harden, Gordon, House, Tucker and Capela as the starters, and then we can rotate Harden and Westbrook so Harden gets more rest on the bench.

Harden and Westbrook both on the floor together literally just doesn't work..... simply because Westbrook cannot shoot. He's by far our worst shooter, and for a team with average spot up shooters (not including House or Gordon), we need our best shooters out there most of the time.

16. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

untrue, the guy is being told to shoot by opposing defenses. They do not respect his shot at all. If he doesn’t shoot he lets the defense off easy. He is not going to become a rondo after being a guy that was an NBA superstar. As of rn he has glimpses but 20 games is a solid sample that we got a guy definitely over the hill. I’m not saying I want CP3, because not much better but this pairing is underwhelming

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Notorious history by Russ.

Nick Anderson executed here and other bad moments too.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

man I am still not in that the bench is trash camp. MDA panics too much. Gary and Clemons played terribly, but so what, the deficit was 2 after 1 qtr and was easily made back up when BMac and Tucker hit some shots.

I still think there is nothing these young players can do that Harden can't make up when he is on full rest.

Houstunna and J Sizzle like this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares that we lost: Harden dropped 50 and Westbrook got a triple double!!!!

Little Bit likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Making plays is diff from adjustments and coaching, maybe you are the one who doesnt understand.

Anybody can run the plays, you realize Mike Brown copies San Antonio Spurs plays? How come Lebron's Cavs offense didnt look as good as Duncan Spurs? Is it just personnel? But nobody on the Spurs can playmake as good as Lebron why is Spurs execution much better? Its because of coaching, Popovich is more hands on in practice and in games he tells people the right way to run his plays. MDA? I dunno what MDA does he probably just shouts at people during timeouts and tells Harden to do something. I know his assistants compile data during the game, but they dont give it to MDA they give it to Harden and ask him for the adjustments and counters when he should be catching his breathe on the bench.

What personnel are you talking about? Who on Toronto team now is better than freaking James Harden? There is no issue with MDAs system or plays its his execution that is the problem. He cant fit his system to his personnel and he cant make adjustments to counter what his opponent is doing.

Even when Dumbtoni had the most talented team in the league he couldnt get it done. Nash, Amare, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson cant even make it to the Finals? Cmon man thats just a coaching deficiency they were the most talented team in the league for nearly 8 years.

#1440 roslolian, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019